Clove and flavored Cigs Banned for sale in the US

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by lalalalila /img/forum/go_quote.gif Maybe some will hate me for this. But I personally think that if flavored and clove cigarettes are being banned, then all tobacco products should be banned and cannabis should be made legal.
If you're taking something away from the people, you had better provide an alternative.

Millions die from cigarettes. But nobody dies from smoking weed.

Profits from the sale and taxation of cannabis would help revive the U.S.'s battered economy. And think of all the would-be happy Americans.

I live in California. And during the last election, there was a prop for directing the tax from tobacco products to public school systems. I thought it was a great idea and voted yes. I mean, if you want to slowly kill yourself, might as well make sure that your money goes to a good cause while you're at it. But unfortunately, it didn't pass. If cannabis were legal and the tax from it went to support school systems, that would AWESOME.

arco.gif

And as for flavored cigarettes being banned, people who like them would find a good alternative in Hookah. =)

ahahah, I agreee1!!!!!!!

I'm not happy about this,I didn't even know it was happening.

In Virginia Beach they've just banned smoking in bars and restaurants.I can understand the restaurant part, but generally,you go to a bar,you should expect a little smoke!

I also think that as a legal adult I should be able to smoke a flavored cig,clove,pipe,whatever,if I want to.Taking it out of dining areas and keeping it outdoors in airy places,or asking the person standing next to you if it bothers them,washing your hands after before you pick up your friend's baby...yes,be considerate.But as adults who pay taxes and all,smokers should be able to do just that! We are all aware that smoking causes cancer, but it shouldn't be illegal to do something potentially harmful.Drinking will probably be next.

I'm sorry this rant is so long, but I feel like smoking should be up to the individual.Restricted by age and location,sure, but not by law.

Originally Posted by lipstickchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm not happy about this,I didn't even know it was happening. In Virginia Beach they've just banned smoking in bars and restaurants.I can understand the restaurant part, but generally,you go to a bar,you should expect a little smoke!

I also think that as a legal adult I should be able to smoke a flavored cig,clove,pipe,whatever,if I want to.Taking it out of dining areas and keeping it outdoors in airy places,or asking the person standing next to you if it bothers them,washing your hands after before you pick up your friend's baby...yes,be considerate.But as adults who pay taxes and all,smokers should be able to do just that! We are all aware that smoking causes cancer, but it shouldn't be illegal to do something potentially harmful.Drinking will probably be next.

I'm sorry this rant is so long, but I feel like smoking should be up to the individual.Restricted by age and location,sure, but not by law.

I'm absolutely shocked that Virginia Beach just banned smoking in bars in restaurants. In Ontario, Canada, this transition occured about five years ago. Now, it is accepted that we must go outside and have a puff. Or else, stay at home or go for a drive - as long as no child under the age of 18 is in the car and is exposed to endure second hand smoke.
This is the reality - second hand smoke has been linked to cancer.

Employers must ensure that their employees are not working in an unsafe environment. When a patron is smoking, all service persons are exposed to the second hand smoke. If the second hand smoke is shown to be the cause of lung disease including cancer, the employer is now laying out hundred's of thousands of dollars to that employee. It would be no different than an employer allowing a worker to work in a dangerous environment, and than employee ends up becoming severely burned or loses a limb, as examples.

In Canada, there have been lawsuits involving workers developing lung problems as a result of second hand smoke. So the government has stepped in and implemented laws to protect all workers.

Bottom line - if a smoker wants to smoke, stand outside in a designated area, stay at home or hang out with those that allow smoking. While driving, ensure that no child under the age of 18 is exposed to second hand smoke, in Canada anyways.

They wont ban the sale of normal Cigarettes because it grosses too much in sale. They don't care about the People who die every year from Smoking, they just care about their profits and turnover. Sad but true.

Back