Coconutbaycosmetics - Another Wonderful MMU

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone here has tried Coconutbaycosmetic's mmu yet, but I had in the past and really like them, and so just recently reordered from them. They're really reasonably priced and work very, very well - as good or better than any of the other brands I use. Here is their website for anyone who's interested:

Coconut Bay Cosmetics

They even sell their minerals by the ounce, so you're sure to get the most product for your money. They also offer .01 cent foundation samples (a choice of 6) so you can try them out without spending a mint. I originally purchased their cosmetics quite a while ago and now they've revamped their website so it's even easier and quite a pleasure to browse there. I use the black multipurpose for my eyeliner every day. It's the best. I bought 1 ounce of it, put most of it in a 30 gram jar and have been using it for over a year now, without hardly putting a dent in the tub! It should last me for the rest of my life!
wink.gif
Of course, they offer a ton of eye shadow colors and accessaries as well. Well worth checking out when you get the chance.

CooCoo
15d.gif

Wow! Thanks, never heard of this company. Sounds like I may need to try them out.

Too bad, they don't offer samples of their eyeshadows though.

I love their name... I've got to try this company... because I love coconuts! LOL But really, thanks for the heads up because this looks like a brand I'd definitely want to try!

Update:

I think that this company uses the same cosmetics as Signature minerals. I also think that signature minerals orders their minerals from affordable mineral makeup. Alot (if not all) of their colors share the same names. If this is so, I've already tried them.

Originally Posted by citre /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love their name... I've got to try this company... because I love coconuts! LOL But really, thanks for the heads up because this looks like a brand I'd definitely want to try!
Update:

I think that this company uses the same cosmetics as Signature minerals. I also think that signature minerals orders their minerals from affordable mineral makeup. Alot (if not all) of their colors share the same names. If this is so, I've already tried them.

I would email and ask if a reseller. IIRC Signature Minerals is a reseller of Monave. I had ordered some Signature samples (eye shadows, concealer) and it was a nice sample offer.
I have not ordered from Coconut Bay but did see the sample offer.

There are some posts on resellers on the delphi forum MineralMakeupMania.

Thanks for all of your info as well. I had no idea that Signature and Monave may be one and the same. Good to know, because I am curious to try Monave - heard a lot about them, but if I already have, then I won't bother. I tried Signature as well and liked them too. And you're 100% corect - nice sample sizes. I did notice that the names were similar, however, I always wondered if it was just similar names and pictures, but not similar products. Good to know because I like so many of them. Thanks for filling me in - all of you!

CooCoo
7a.gif

I remember you recommended them earlier this year or late last year.

Thank you again for this one.

Originally Posted by citre /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love their name... I've got to try this company... because I love coconuts! LOL But really, thanks for the heads up because this looks like a brand I'd definitely want to try!
Update:

Well I wonder who orders from who,LOL!!Because CCB sells wholesale and so does Affordable Minerals.Not sure about Signature Minerals though.Do they also sell wholesale?

Originally Posted by cjhigby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well I wonder who orders from who,LOL!!Because CCB sells wholesale and so does Affordable Minerals.Not sure about Signature Minerals though.Do they also sell wholesale? I bet that AMM and SM get theirs from Coconut Bay Minerals, because several of their minerals' names are relative to a beach! Such as wave, seashell, etc..

Originally Posted by citre /img/forum/go_quote.gif I bet that AMM and SM get theirs from Coconut Bay Minerals, because several of their minerals' names are relative to a beach! Such as wave, seashell, etc.. Yep - good catch! Very similar in many ways. It's funny because you have to wonder if among all these tons of makeup samples if you're not trying the same exact product under a different label. Amazing!

But you're 100 percent correct. There are also eyeshadows named - egg plant and light egg plant, that are identical to the eye shadows sold by Signature. There are also so many others. Some I know of off the top of my head: Pink Pearl, Antique Brick, Lavender Pearl, Lavender Shimmer, Plum Pizazz - same names and same colors! A lot of the blushes look similar and share names as well. "Adobe" "Apricot" "Terra Cotta" - Interesting.

CooCoo

I received my samples from Coconut cosmetics and I loved them I can actually go with #8 or #12 and I did not even have a Kabuki but the makeup looked very good on me
smile.gif
I just buffed with a regualr face brush. It felt great on my skin and this is comng from some1 who just had a scare with BM at the makeup counter seems the bismuth irritated the heck out of me. Best of all I did not even have to pay shipping on my sample order I will be ordering full sizes soon.

I just received my free samples from them, but haven't used them yet. I like Signature Minerals a lot, so I'll also give these a try.

The Mineral Makeup Blog had a post a week or two ago mentioning that Coconut was offering free samples. I don't know if they're still doing that.

Why do companies buy from each other? Why don't they just make their own? Maybe it's too much to make in big batches? Seems strange. I emailed my HGs (Aubrey Nicole & Ocean Mist) and they make their own, so I know if I order free samples somewhere (can't resist the free ones
smile.gif
then I'm not trying something I already use. BTW, I think Coconut Bay and Signature may be the same company, they are both located in Birmingham, AL.

Originally Posted by AverysMom /img/forum/go_quote.gif Why do companies buy from each other? Why don't they just make their own? Maybe it's too much to make in big batches? Seems strange. I emailed my HGs (Aubrey Nicole & Ocean Mist) and they make their own, so I know if I order free samples somewhere (can't resist the free ones
smile.gif
then I'm not trying something I already use. BTW, I think Coconut Bay and Signature may be the same company, they are both located in Birmingham, AL. I noticed that they're located in the same state as well. I too find it very annoying for the reason you stated. If I've tried a makeup brand and don't like it, I feel it's a waste of time to try the same makeup under a different label. Good thing I like Signature as well.
I too love Aubrey Nicole and Oceanmist - I think that their makeup is terrific and they provide very different coverages for me. There are very few that I totally dislike - BE is one of them, and that's because of the color change on me during the day - and that doggone itch!
scared.gif
At first I thought I was the only one who experienced it, but then read on these forums that I wasn't. And, I found out about so many other brands that do work for me. That's what is so great about this place - the exchange of info and experiences can't be beat. Thanks everyone!

CooCoo
rockwoot.gif

Latest posts

Back