Color of the Year (Radiant Orchid) Ideas for 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, when I've heard that this was the colour for 2014, my reaction was just:
10.gif

I don't like it, I've never liked lilac and all its shades. I don't mind following the trends, actually I quite do it most of the times, but this colour is just not for me, especially as lipstick
sick.gif

Julep has a radiant orchid polish add on this month named Rae. I grabbed a color card from Lowes this weekend and compared it to my polish collection and found a really close match Lancôme's violette coquette. I actually really like this color so I'm looking forward to seeing it around a lot this year. I wasn't a fan of the emerald last year though.

This is what I think of when I think of radiant orchid:

It's a much more vibrant fuschia than the lilac colored orchids that were posted above.

I would definitely love to sport this on my lips, but probably not on my cheeks.

Since I'm a huge fan of Estee Lauder lipsticks, I might try Pure Color Vivid Shine in Violet Electra (third one):

I would like something even more opaque than that, but the color matches the flower in my mind perfectly!

I'm so excited that my two favourite colours from childhood were right back-to-back as the 2013 and 2014 colours of the year! I've been looking for an orchid blush forever and finally got one from MUFE. Gonna use it on my brow bones too.

Plus, another excuse to dye my hair purple! Yay!

I loooove love love Radiant Orchid (I live for anything purple-toned), I don't get how anyone could hate it. I've worn it creatively a few days in a row now, and bought some of the Sephora Pantone items too. I'm obsessed with the blush palette and lipstick. 

For clients however, I've done a brown smoky eye with a pop of orchid shadow or liner, the Pantone orchid lip balm with a neutral tone matte eye, and orchid hued blush with bright eyes and lip gloss among other things.

Back