color safe shampoo?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just dyed my hair a reddish brown & want to get recommendations for good, affordable color safe shampoo. Redken? John Frieda? Matrix? What's the best for the price?

PS. I'll post a pic once I wash my hair, lol! The stylist said to wait to wash until Monday, so right now I've got nasty hair full of product. But I'll wash tomorrow before work & will post a nice picture. I like the new color; it's fun!

Yay, can't wait to see pics. I recommend John Frieda's line. I really like it. Also, Pantene just came out with a new color line so I would check those out too.

are you looking for a color deposit shampoo/conditioner? 'caus as far as I know, neither JF nor Pantene are color deposit. color deposit shampoos also tend to be more drying, so many people just use conditioners. I know that aveda's personal blends conditioner is really good. I use the quantum shampoo from sally's, and I like it.

I was told that any shampoo without sodium laureth sulfate is color safe. It's the SLS that affects the color. It's just hard to find a shampoo that doesn't have SLS in it. I've heard great things about Matrix and also John Frieda but I haven't personally tried either line. They do have SLS in them though.

just don't use prell that stuff strips color like no tomorrow. a friend was told to use it after she got her hair done and she didn't like how it turned out and she said it stripped out the color pretty quickly.

Matrix's new line "Color.Smart" is really nice!! Helps keep color vibrant and long lasting
wink.gif
A lot of people I know really like this, and it came highly recommended at the hair show I went to!

matrix_color_smart_shampoo.jpg
Shampoo
matrix_color_smart_conditioner.jpg
Conditioner
matrix_color_smart_intensive_masque.jpg
Intensive Masque

matrix_color_smart_nourshing_shine_cream.jpg
Nourishing Shine Cream
matrix_color_smart_shine_spray.jpg
Reflective Shine Spray

Thanks ladies!

I ended up going with John Frieda's Radiant Red shampoo & conditioner. Will post pics tomorrow!

282005162521.jpg

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Thanks ladies!
I ended up going with John Frieda's Radiant Red shampoo & conditioner. Will post pics tomorrow!

282005162521.jpg

Can't wait to see them!!!!!

What about a shampoo & conditioner for highlights? I have a light to medium base with some gold and baby blonde highlights. Any recommendations? I don't want the h/ls to get brassy.

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Will post pics tomorrow!
Well Well well??? !!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
post!

Originally Posted by Sofia What about a shampoo & conditioner for highlights? I have a light to medium base with some gold and baby blonde highlights. Any recommendations? I don't want the h/ls to get brassy. I would try the John Freida Beach blonde lines... they are really great on blonde hair
wink.gif

Thanks Janelle. I've always used ArTec when I'd get highlights, but really wasn't satisfied. One more trip to the store for me...

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Well Well well??? !!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
post! Oh yea, sorry, lol!!
So Janelle... any suggestions on a new haircut? I think I need some layers! I had the idea to cut it in an angled bob but am not sure if that'll look strange since I have a round face.
icon_redface.gif
Any ideas?

Now that I'm looking at these pics, the red doesn't really show.
frown.gif
It's more subtle -- you see the red when light hits it.

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Oh yea, sorry, lol!!
So Janelle... any suggestions on a new haircut? I think I need some layers! I had the idea to cut it in an angled bob but am not sure if that'll look strange since I have a round face.
icon_redface.gif
Any ideas?

Now that I'm looking at these pics, the red doesn't really show.
frown.gif
It's more subtle -- you see the red when light hits it.

Oh it looks good!!! I see the red! I would just get some layers & face framing angles that start just under your chin and go down from there... how long is your hair now? It looks like it's shoulder length from the pics?
icon_wink.gif

Thanks guys!!
smile.gif

Yes, my hair is currently shoulder length. What do you mean by face framing angles Janelle?

Latest posts

Back