Complexion Brush

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does look like it would hurt but I bet its really effective. To be honest, I've never seen them anywhere, I'll have to take a look and feel the difference in bristles with different cosmetic companies.

Originally Posted by Marisol It does look painful...
Here is one that I use that isn't too rough on the skin.

P0096_hero.jpg

What brand is this Marisol?

Originally Posted by greeneyedangel What brand is this Marisol? It's Sephora. Its a face complexion brush and its $5.

For some reason, the brush Marisol posted looks like it has stiffer bristles. I know it's gentle tho cause you couldn't use it if it wasn't. I think the one from Derm store has fine natural bristles. It's made by bloom. I love their lip glosses! Anyway, Marisol, how long have you been using your brush? How often do you use it! Thanks.

Originally Posted by LOVECHIC Anyway, Marisol, how long have you been using your brush? How often do you use it! Thanks. I have had mine for about 6 months or so. I use it everytime I shower. I wash my face with it and when I really want to exfoliate, I apply more pressure. I was the brush every week too so that it doesn't have build up.
When I wash my face at night, I use a face loofah like the one below.

http://store1.yimg.com/I/southnatural_1869_247906808

I have dry skin and so by using these tools my skin doesn't flake as much. These complexion loofahs I use until they turn soft and no longer exfoliate.

Originally Posted by Marisol I have had mine for about 6 months or so. I use it everytime I shower. I wash my face with it and when I really want to exfoliate, I apply more pressure. I was the brush every week too so that it doesn't have build up.

I have dry skin and so by using these tools my skin doesn't flake as much. These complexion loofahs I use until they turn soft and no longer exfoliate.

Only $5.00? I will definitely be checking out for it next time I go. Do you use the brush to remove makeup? Or do you use it after taking off makeup? What do you wash the brush with? Thanks!

Originally Posted by Marisol I have had mine for about 6 months or so. I use it everytime I shower. I wash my face with it and when I really want to exfoliate, I apply more pressure. I was the brush every week too so that it doesn't have build up.

I used to use facial loofahs, too. I stopped years ago.

I use a facial brush from The Body Shop

pd_oval_acrylic_face_brush.jpg

It's really gentle and soft, I used to use facial pads like the one Marisol posted but then I was told that they collect bacteria more easily so I switched to the brush which I prefer also it's quicker!

OMG, I have been using a soft facial brush with my cleanser morning and night for weeks and my skin has never looked clearer. I am very careful to be gentle and stay away from my eye area.

Best skincare investment I have made to date!

Donna

Been using a face brush for months with my cleanser, being careful around my eyes. My skin has never been consistenly clearer!

Donna

I use a facial brush similar to Marisols. I purchased it at CVS for $1.00 and it has very soft bristles. It comes in every color of the rainbow!

Do you just use it everyday when you use your cleanser? It seems like would be too harsh for everyday use. I want one now!!
icon_smile.gif

...Hanging her head in shame....Actually I use it twice a day, morning and night. However, what I do is: I run it under very, very hot water, making it even softer. I buff very gently. To tell the truth, it is more gentle on my face than my white wash clothes, which leave me red and raw!!!!

Donna

I wanna get the exfoliating brush. Anyone know where I can get a good one? Does walmart carry those?

I have been looking for one of these brushes for a long time! I used to have them when I lived in Singapore, and I had much better skin then! But when I moved to the US, I couldn't find any good ones with soft bristles anywhere! I am going to check out the one at Sephora!

I use a "microdermabrasion cloth" from ebay from the seller thankyoustan.. I was a bit sketchy but he has about a gazillion feedback, and offers a 2 year warranty! The cloth was really cheap (less than $10 with shipping) and though it's not a miracle cloth like it's advertised to be, it's a really good exfoliator. ^^ I want to try a facial brush though as well!

Originally Posted by Naturally You CAN clean your brushes and cloths ...washing them, put in microwave or better yet ..boiling water to get rid of bacteria.
Brushes are fabulous for dry skin ..and yes even on the face, just don't press as hard. They do help get the circulation flowing in the skin and can actually make your skin softer.

Wow! Cool!

Back