Concealer for dark circles??

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Jul 9, 2005
Messages
4,847
Reaction score
0
The only concealer I have ever used is Mac's Select Cover up but it doesn't cover anything!I have problem with darc circles, I have them since I was born,my mum has the same dark circles too!! Well I've seen many concealers in the market and I'm thinking of buying Dior's Skinflash!What do you say?I don't want a heavy cakey concealer because I don't wear foundation too often so I want the concealer not to be so heavy!!! I want your suggestions from any brand!!


 
Joined
Aug 2, 2005
Messages
418
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Sophia The only concealer I have ever used is Mac's Select Cover up but it doesn't cover anything!I have problem with darc circles, I have them since I was born,my mum has the same dark circles too!! Well I've seen many concealers in the market and I'm thinking of buying Dior's Skinflash!What do you say?I don't want a heavy cakey concealer because I don't wear foundation too often so I want the concealer not to be so heavy!!! I want your suggestions from any brand!!
Wow, I'm surprised that MAC's select cover up didn't work for you...I think it gives great coverage! Anyway, there are several I can recommend: "Diorlift Smoothing Anti-Fatigue concealer," NARS stick concealer, or Benefit's "Lyin' Eyes" (I just tried this the other day... its EXCELLENT!)
Skinflash works well because of its reflective qualities-- it counteracts the dark circles with an iridescent shimmer.


 
Joined
Aug 2, 2005
Messages
418
Reaction score
0
Here's the link for Benefit "Lyin' Eyes"... you can buy it on Sephora.com, or on the Benefit website.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P88800&searchString=lyin'%20eyes

 
Joined
Jul 9, 2005
Messages
4,847
Reaction score
0
Thanks ikebana! Mac's Select Cover up didn't work for me becuese my circles are too dark.and when I put it on the color it's much worst than without concealer!!It's a bad greyish color!!

Originally Posted by ikebana Wow, I'm surprised that MAC's select cover up didn't work for you...I think it gives great coverage! Anyway, there are several I can recommend: "Diorlift Smoothing Anti-Fatigue concealer," NARS stick concealer, or Benefit's "Lyin' Eyes" (I just tried this the other day... its EXCELLENT!)
Skinflash works well because of its reflective qualities-- it counteracts the dark circles with an iridescent shimmer.


 
Joined
Aug 2, 2005
Messages
418
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Sophia Thanks ikebana! Mac's Select Cover up didn't work for me becuese my circles are too dark.and when I put it on the color it's much worst than without concealer!!It's a bad greyish color!! Have you tried using the other concealers from MAC? Like the stick concealer?
 
Joined
Jul 9, 2005
Messages
4,847
Reaction score
0
No I haven't but I don't think I wiil I want to try and oter brands beside that I think a stick concealer would be heavy!!Or not??

Originally Posted by ikebana Have you tried using the other concealers from MAC? Like the stick concealer?
 
Joined
Jul 9, 2005
Messages
4,847
Reaction score
0
That's why Mac's turning into grey on me?Because it's light? I'm a NC20 and the Mac MUA gave me Select Cover in NW25,she told me that I had to get darker concealer in order to cover them!So why is this turning into grey on me?? I've never heard of Estee Lauder's Dissapear before!! I'll check it out at the esteelauder's site!!

Originally Posted by Trisha I dont know what brands you have access to Sophia but Estee Lauders Disappear is great, full coverage, then you can top off with something light reflecting like Dior Skinflash for extra help!
One thing i will say is dont go for a concealer lighter than your skintone, despite what you hear/read this does not help dark circles, it just makes the area look grey! match your skintone to get maximum coverage, this is whats works best for all my clients x

 
Joined
Jul 9, 2005
Messages
4,847
Reaction score
0
Well Trisha I think Estee Lauder's Dissapear it's not here in Greece!The only EL concealers we have is Lucidity and Re Nutriv!

 
Joined
Dec 12, 2003
Messages
2,230
Reaction score
0
I've got bad dark circles too, and so far, Max Factor Panstik has been my favorite concealor. It's actually marketed as a foundation stick, but I use it as a concealor since it's such full coverage. I also like Clinique City Cover Compact Concealor. HTHS!!


 
Joined
Jul 9, 2005
Messages
4,847
Reaction score
0
Thanks FeistyFemme!
I haven't think of a Clinique's concealer!

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme I've got bad dark circles too, and so far, Max Factor Panstik has been my favorite concealor. It's actually marketed as a foundation stick, but I use it as a concealor since it's such full coverage. I also like Clinique City Cover Compact Concealor. HTHS!!
 
Joined
Jul 9, 2005
Messages
4,847
Reaction score
0
Which one do you think is better YSL Touche Eclat or Dior's Skinflash???
 
Joined
May 26, 2005
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
0
My holy grail for my very dark circles is the Kanebo concealer!

 

Latest posts

Top