Concealer for really dark under eye circles

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by purple.haze /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was just reading the reviews for TheBalm Time Balm on Sephora and almost everyone gave it 5 stars saying how great of a concealer it was, I was almost set on buying it. How did you like that one? .... 

I got this one two weeks ago, and so far it seems to deserve every one of those 5 star reviews.  This stuff doesn't move, no settling into fine lines, no sliding down your face, no fading over the course of the day, nothin'.  When I wash my face at night it's still perfectly in place.  Nice matte finish, and really great coverage.  My Erase Paste has been unloved since I got this one.  Give me another week or two and if I'm still this happy with it I'll declare it my HG.  I have purple bags too, and if I apply then give it a few minutes to set, then lightly go back over the darker areas it just about covers them. 

TheBalm Time Balm is just a "meh" concealer for me. When I first put it on, it looks great, but throughout the day my shadows start peeping through on the inner corners. That's the biggest problem I have - thin, pale skin and yucky blue shadows. I want something that makes me look fresh and awake and for me, Time Balm just didn't deliver.

I have MUFE Full Cover and I absolutely love it for my face. If I just have a couple red spots/blemishes, I pop it on there, set it with powder, and it completely negates needing foundation. I haven't tried it for my undereye area yet, but I think I'm going to have to. I read that's one of the products Kim Kardashian's makeup artist, Mario, uses, and she always looks bright eyed.

Originally Posted by purple.haze /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was just reading the reviews for TheBalm Time Balm on Sephora and almost everyone gave it 5 stars saying how great of a concealer it was, I was almost set on buying it. How did you like that one? Also read some great things about the MUFE Full Cover Concealer, has anyone tried that one?

Wish I lived close to a Sephora/Bobbi Brown counter so I can try them out, but I gotta drive for awhile to get to them so I figured I would research first. Makeup always looks better under Sephora's lighting sometimes so it can be deceiving
rolleyes.gif

Hey girl! I am asian too and I definitely recommend you to try out Benefits Boiing concealer. It is one of my fav concealer all time because you can not only use it for dark circles, but also for pimples and any flaws. It has a great coverage and is very longlasting. Some girls told me that they find it very dry, but the trick about this is to warm it up with your fingertip and then PRESS it onto the spots you like to cover. Cause you can really blend it, definitely have to day it on.

And another big pro for it is its color, which is not too yellow or too redish. I find this really rare since most concealer are more yellowish for my pale skin=)

This kind of makes me want to head to Sephora and buy all 3 to try on to see which one works the best. Right now I'm using Laura Mercier's secret camouflage and then using a MAC liquid concealer on top and setting it with LM's translucent powder. I find it hides everything and brightens up my under eyes for most of the day, but after about 8 hrs it starts to crease up. Maybe I should be looking for a really hydrating eye cream? Now I find the creasing to be the most annoying, makes me look like I have a lot of wrinkles under my eyes and I'm only 21
s.gif

Any concealer that I buy now, I want as less creasing as possible.

I know how you feel I have the same problem as you. My dark circles are pretty dark & purple as well and it's so frusterating, I'm so jealous of people who don't have dark circles! They are such a pain to deal with. I have tried so many concealers as well and I switch them pretty often. Currently I am using the MAC select cover up concealer, and it works pretty well. I use it without powder because I find that powder makes concealers look worst under your eyes, and it stays on pretty well without powder but it will wear off some throughout the day so you will have to re-apply it. But it also covers up the dark circles pretty well. I also like the Make Up Forever HD concealer, it goes on smoothly and doesn't get cakey. But I'm not using it at the moment because I suck at finding the right color for myself and it's too light for me so it makes my under eye area look grey/white! That's why you are having that problem with your concealer looking grey/white, it's because the color is too light for you most likely. Also, if you really need to use a powder to set the concealer under your eyes I would recommend using the MAC natural skinfinish powder because it doesn't make your concealer look cakey.

I also tried the Bobbi Brown concealer and I don't like it for the under eye area. It gets really cakey and gross looking. I used both the concealer and corrector and they got especially cakey when using them together, and they also recommended the wrong corrector color for me, it was way too light and made my under eye area look all greyish as well.

Also for everyone who has dark circles, you should try the Ole Henriksen "truth is in the eyes" which is supposed to help with dark circles and fine lines/wrinkles, there was a lot of good reviews on it & people said it got rid of their dark circles. I got a sample of it and I have been using it for a month and it seems to be working I think, the whole tube of it is pricey though, like $65. But if it works I will buy it haha.

I also really love Benefit's Erase Paste! I've never really been able to cover my under eye circles well until I tried it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Do you put a primer under your eyes? Which one would be best for under eyes and would it help with staying power of concealer? I was thinking about trying benefit stay don't stray...

I like Benefit's erase paste, i think it's the most natural looking on me. But it's too creamy, sinks into lines and fades so quickly that i don't think there's much point in it. So i'm still looking for one myself :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ugh I hate stuff that sinks into fine lines! And I have fading problem with everything I've tried so far.

Originally Posted by Roshni Diya /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like Benefit's erase paste, i think it's the most natural looking on me. But it's too creamy, sinks into lines and fades so quickly that i don't think there's much point in it. So i'm still looking for one myself :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Urgh :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it's so difficult! I saw a picture of myself just a couple of hours after i'd put on the erase paste, and it was practically gone from under my eyes. I have MAC's studiofinish which is actually good, but you can so tell that it's there. Maybe my shade is too light though. GRRRRRRRSEIUTGBEWI

I just bought the the time balm concealer by theBalm, and it covers beautifully (for me, better than Laura Mercier's secret concealer). Then I set it with LM's transluscent powder and after a few hours, it set into just a few fine lines (less than LM's concealer again) and this time it's not noticeable until super close up. So I think I'm liking this more than LM's concealer. Today I applied it with my fingers and it set into a few lines so tomorrow I will try out sponge and brush and then maybe set it with Benefit's Powderflage and I'll review it again.

As for an eye primer, right now I'm using LM's foundation primer (it's oil free and it comes in a grayish tube). I'm so happy, I think I've almost found a way to totally cover my circles. Will update you guys once I have it perfect =)

Right now, I'm using Laura Mercier's foundation primer (oil free) and it goes in a grayish tube. I used a sample of Benefit's stay don't stray before. It goes on nicely, and it has a bit of a tint so right off the bat it hides a little bit of your circles, however, I usually apply foundation right after my primer and then concealer on top, and the foundation wipes away that tint. I also found that whole I used it, my concealer set into fine lines, but that may be because my concealer was setting and not the primer. The consistency of LM's secret concealer was a bit too dry and hard to blend for me. Right now, I'm loving the balm concealer by timeBalm so I can try the stay don't stray and let you know =)

Originally Posted by aliana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you put a primer under your eyes? Which one would be best for under eyes and would it help with staying power of concealer? I was thinking about trying benefit stay don't stray...

Try dusting a transluscent powder lightly under your eyes to set the concealer, it really helps with the staying power. If you can tell the studiofinish is there, then you're right and the shade may be off. For me, I think the LM secret concealer was not only too dry for my under eyes but the shade was a BIT too light and my new concealer matches my skin tone perfectly so if I blend it, I can't notice it there.

Originally Posted by Roshni Diya /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Urgh :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it's so difficult! I saw a picture of myself just a couple of hours after i'd put on the erase paste, and it was practically gone from under my eyes. I have MAC's studiofinish which is actually good, but you can so tell that it's there. Maybe my shade is too light though. GRRRRRRRSEIUTGBEWI

Back