Concealers :(

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am having fantastic luck with this BH Cosmetics concealer corrector palette in light. It was a whim purchase on Hautelook and it's seriously awesome!

http://www.bhcosmetics.com/products/6-color-concealer-corrector-palette

I find the salmony color does really well with undereye circles. It's super cheap but works really well for me. I smear a little under each eye and don't even rub it in then put the foundation over it. It ends up blending out nicely. 
I will have to check this out too, the problem I have though is I don't wear foundation, which really is annoying if you put color correcting concealers on heavily.  <_<

I feel like I looked forever for a concealer that actually covered up my under eye issues, and I am happy to say I've found one.

I have really thin skin, and for the past 3 or 4 years it's obviously gotten thinner under my eyes (uhg 30 I hate you!!!) and you can see two very prominent blue veins under each eye. I tried a TON of different concealers. The one that ended up working for me is actually a dark orange Laura Mercier concealer. When I got a sample from Sephora, I finally realized that I had been buying the wrong shades of concealer. I had always bought as light as possible, but they never quite covered up the veins. I had my DUH moment when I realized that orange cancels blue. I use the TINIEST little bit just over the veins and then use a lighter brightening concealer under the rest of my eye. Works better than anything I've ever tried.

Hope you have some better luck finding what works for you @@Queennie!

I feel like I looked forever for a concealer that actually covered up my under eye issues, and I am happy to say I've found one.

I have really thin skin, and for the past 3 or 4 years it's obviously gotten thinner under my eyes (uhg 30 I hate you!!!) and you can see two very prominent blue veins under each eye. I tried a TON of different concealers. The one that ended up working for me is actually a dark orange Laura Mercier concealer. When I got a sample from Sephora, I finally realized that I had been buying the wrong shades of concealer. I had always bought as light as possible, but they never quite covered up the veins. I had my DUH moment when I realized that orange cancels blue. I use the TINIEST little bit just over the veins and then use a lighter brightening concealer under the rest of my eye. Works better than anything I've ever tried.

Hope you have some better luck finding what works for you @@Queennie!
Which Laura Mercier is it? They have a ton in their cosmetic line!

I know right?! I felt so dumb when I figured out about orange/salmon/pink/etc trick! I have fair-light skin anyways so a lot of the fair concealers still did not do a lot of brightening. Thank you for your tip!

I will have to try some of these. I have really dark circles no matter what I do. I use Coverblend by Exuviance concealer and Covergirl Outlast foundation.  It is hard to cover under my eyes. I am really fair so it is hard to find a balance between looking good or looking too fake or dark.

If your discolouration is bad enough, try to use it instead of covering it up.  Dark blue is cancelled out by an orange, so try a very light layer of a colour corrector like MAC's Pure Orange.  Lise Watier makes a great corrector wheel too which has a few different colours in it.  

Instead of covering up the blue, let the blue shine through the orange to show white - use more or less to come close enough to your skin tone that your foundation handles it.  If you can't quite match, put your concealer over the corrector.

If you have to go for a total cover up, then there are a number of products from places - your most economical places will be theatrical stores.  Ben Nye,  Demablend, Kryolan type places.

A concealer is a type of cosmetic makeup product that is a more pigmented and potent version of the regular base makeup that you might use. It is used to mask blemishes and even the skin tone. There is a difference between foundation and concealer. Foundation is a more diluted version of the concealer. They are formulated with the same pigment, but the foundation is more diluted. Concealers are usually concentrated on the under eye area, the high points of your face which would be the middle of your forehead between your brows, the bridge and tip of your nose, your cupid’s bow and the tip of your chin and on any blemishes, redness or pigmentation specifically. To know more how to pick the right concealer according to your skin tone, read here - https://www.popxo.com/2016/03/right-way-to-use-concealer/

Back