Confidence

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
iv really lost my confidence and it puttin me down so much, i hate lookin in the mirror... i never used to have this problem, b4 i hav quite alot of confidence but its all gone, does anyone know how i cud get it bk

Makeup can help you feel a little better, but true confidence needs to come from within. I'm really not so good with this type of advice. When I was younger I had low confidence and I know that many other women have the same problem. I know that TV, movies, magazines, etc can make me feel like I'm not good enough or pretty enough or whatever. But they're all wrong. The TV and magazines aren't the real world, so when I deal with people in real life I am good enough and pretty enough. Having fabulous makeup can make me feel better. I know that people treat me differently when I'm all done up when compared to when I have no makeup and I'm wearing my big thick glasses. No matter what I'm wearing or how my makeup is done I still have to find that confidence inside of myself.

As for regaining confidence, it is something that you need to reclaim for yourself. As others have said, makeup can help but your beauty comes from within. You are unique and while we are shown daily what the world feels is beautiful...you are your own beauty. I am sorry you are feeling this way, I have been there too.

I think every woman can relate to your problem. everybody has days when you just feel ugly and it completely lowers your self confidence. females are judged by the way they look more than men do, and I feel like it´s getting worse and worse...all those magazines, hollywood stars, plastic surgery. everyone wants to look "perfect" , many of us are searching for the perfect beauty product in order to feel beautiful, thinking if you look perfect you´ll have more self confidence. I know this because I had a very low self esteem throughout my teenage years, I felt ugly and felt like nobody would really see me or be interested in talking to me. I know, nothing extraordinary, many of us had to go through this as teenagers but I believe it made me a better person because I would never judge somebody on the way the look just cause I don´t want to be judged either.

just remember: you can look like a supermodel, if you´re a bad person people will still not like you for who you are. hugs
wink.gif

hi,

I am sorry you feel so low and down on yourself.
icon_sad.gif
There is no quick fix in to regaining your confidence, but there are things you can do that can help you to feel more confident. Self talk is a powerful tool, and you would be amazed at how talking down on yourself or talking positively can slowly change your self image. Focus more on the positive, and surround yourself with positive people. Like others have said self esteem comes from within. If you are having problems with physical features work on changing them the best you can(at least those that you can change). I know that is easier said than done, but it won't hurt to try. Find something that you enjoy doing, or a someone you can confide in and air your troubles. Talking always helps. I don't know about everyone else, but I find that my faith really helps and encourages me in times of need. Also know that you are not the only one who suffers, just as sure as you are going throught these things, someone else is or has gone through the same thing. If you need someone to talk to, I will try my best to help you.

hugs bk, thanks everyone for your advice, your really nice people. my family and frineds never put me down there always tellin me im pretty etc, but to b perfectly honest with you, my whole confidence went out the window when i found out my b/f was meant to have bin tryin it on with other girls and things like whenever were out he's always lookin at other girls and the fact he never compliments me (after 3yrs) make me feel sooo ugly, no matter what anyone else tells me i just cant believe them
icon_sad.gif
. i think ill start experimenting more with make-up or have a new hair style, i would get a pic of me up to see if anyone knows what make-up would suit me etc, but i dnt no how yet
rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back