Contact Lenses

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Aquilah I wear them myself, and I've been wearing them for about 13-14 years. My mom never wanted me to get them since they were SO much more than glasses years ago, but she finally caved and got me some when I was about 13 y.o. Now, I spend $200+/- on my glasses once a year (if the Rx changes), and only $38 every three months on my contacts! I don't like wearing my glasses that much since I don't like not having the peripheral vision you have with contacts, and the fact that I can never find glasses I'm truly happy with. I wish mine were that reasonable!
I have been wearing contacts for 17 years. I have had the same glasses for the last 5 or 6 years. The prescription is a little off but not that much to worry about since I just wear them around the house. I HATE how my glasses dent the sides of my nose in. I hope to get Lasik one of these days.

It's not that I need new frames every time, but my Rx is so bad, that I need the feather-weight lenses, UV protection, glare-reduction, etc. So, I'm still looking at almost $150 for the lenses. The last pair of glasses I bought was back in 2001, and the Rx has finally changed enough I can't use them as backup. So, it's time to venture to the eye doctor for new glasses. I'll need new frames again too since these aren't in the best shape IMHO!

I have contacts too. I wore only contacts for years. A few years back I had a series of bad eye infections, and I couldn't wear contacts at all for a while. Now, I wear my contacts as often as I can, but that still isn't very long. My eyes are just too senstive and dry to wear them full time, even the special kind for dry eyes. At least I have sexy glasses!!

I wear contacts for my OA/light sensitive eyes. I have custom UV enhancers made for my condition (by Marrietta Vision...great people BTW!) These lenses help to darken and add color to my eyes as well as shield excess light. I lack the ability to do it on my own since my irises are so translucent and light. I have worn them nearly all my life (I am 22), as I cannot go without.

***See Thumbnails***

Pic 1: Grey Enhancers, kinda dull, didn't really like them.

Pic 2: Naked eye in dark room (I took an angled picture, it may be too strange for some to look directly into my very translucent eyes. As you can see even in the dark, they are a light pinkish brown color.)

Pic 3: My dark brown enhancers, another favorite of mine, they are so shiny and off-black. I think that is the most beautiful eye color IMO.

Pic 4: Avatar Pic and Profile Pic, my newest custom enhancer... I Love them!!! They are soo striking.

ive been wearing contacts for about 7 years and im always in the endless search for a natural looking green color in contacts...

KathrynNicole u should def go for some blue enchancers if u want a brighter blue color
smile.gif

used to ware glasses...had cateracts removed when I was 40 so have implants now, only use reading glasses now...

Originally Posted by ShelbyLynn Proxy you have some beautiful eyes! Thank You!

I've been wearing contact lenses for 20 years and I will until I can't wear them anymore. I am half blind without them and I only wear glasses at home when I take my contacts out to clean them. I wear Ciba Vision Night & Day and they are very comfy.
smilehappyyes.gif

My eyes dry out too quickly for me to wear contacts all the time. I only wear them when I go out at night or on special occasions. It really sucks having to wear glasses most of the time. At least I was smart enough to invest in a nice pair of glasses.

My friend wears contact lenses but only for fun he's been inlove with cosplay recently and keeps finding him self with a new pair of lenses every week these are his kakashi black edition sharingan lenses he sent me a picture of

I usually wear my glasses, but have contacts and wear them for special occassions or when I realize my hubby wants to see my eyes.. He comments on how pretty I look when I don't wear my glasses. I have issues with contacts though.. they make my eyes burn if I wear them too long. Burn to the point that I HAVE to take them out. So I never really got super used to wearing them and my eyes get tired. I also feel like my vision sucks when I wear my contacts. My vision is much much better and sharper with my glasses.

Latest posts

Back