Corny Cornbread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Corny Cornbread

"This is definitely one of our favorites. It's so moist and so tasty. We just love the stuff!"

1 (12 ounce) can creamed corn

1 cup flour

1/4 cup sugar

1 tablespoon baking powder

1 cup yellow cornmeal

1 teaspoon salt

2 eggs

1 cup milk

1/4 cup vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a 9x9 inch baking pan. Mix cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Add eggs, corn, milk and oil. Mix well. Pour into pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until bread is golden.

I love cornbread and I tried making it a few times but it never turned out right. They are too... grainy or something like that.

I haven't tried this recipe but I'd like to give it a try. Is there specific type of yellow cornmeal I need to use...?? Maybe the ones I tried weren't fine enough.

Sorry it took me so long to respond!
blink.gif

I use a coarse ground cornmeal...but we like our cornbread kinda grainy. If you like a smoother cornbread, just use the finely ground cornmeal.

Also, this is a moist cornbread...with the cream corn in it so if you like it less moist, just try baking a bit longer...say in 5 min. increments.

hth

Stevie

Originally Posted by Boing /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sorry it took me so long to respond!
blink.gif

I use a coarse ground cornmeal...but we like our cornbread kinda grainy. If you like a smoother cornbread, just use the finely ground cornmeal.

Also, this is a moist cornbread...with the cream corn in it so if you like it less moist, just try baking a bit longer...say in 5 min. increments.

hth

Stevie

Thanks! I'm going to give it a try soon.
biggrin.gif

That sounds soo good.... My aunt from the back hills of KY used to make the best corn bread.... No one in my family now like it so I go without... sigh!!

Latest posts

Back