Cottage cheese

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Marisol That is the type that I get. Delish! I'm leaving for a business trip tomorrow so when I go to the supermarket to stock up my hotel room I'm getting bagel chips and cottage cheese. I'm totally craving this and I've never even tried the combo.

I love cottage cheeese.. can eat it all day every day. I use it in lasagna too. cuts alot of the fat out from the other cheeses.. I make a Ukranian dish with it.. You caramelize onions in a pan with lots of butter (hey! I never said THIS idea was low-fat) Cook bowtie macaroni.. When the macaroni is done, add the cottage cheese to the onions.. combine well, then add THAT to the macaroni.. salt pepper to taste.. so good..

Originally Posted by Sofia Making me crave bagel chips and I'm all out. I love this one brand called New York Style Bagel Chips in plain. Just so yummmmmy. i got that brand but in garlic. yummmmmmyyyy

Okay. I keep on hearing great diet things about cottage cheese, tho I never hear what it does and why its good. Someone please explain?? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Raja Okay. I keep on hearing great diet things about cottage cheese, tho I never hear what it does and why its good. Someone please explain?? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hey Raja I coped this link for you it gives some pretty good info http://www.gianteagle.com/healthnote...age_Cheese.htm
I love cottage cheese, we usually have the 1% or fat free kind in my house. I will eat it plain (ans mixed w/fruit) or on a toasted bagel with fresh strawberries or blueberries on top. This may gross people out but in the winter (when I am more dedicated to my weight training) I mix it with either oatmeal or cream of wheat, it is a really great source of protein when eaten this way and satisfies me completely until lunch. Cottage Cheese is also good mixed with fresh pasta and a little salt & pepper. I think for some it is an acquired taste but if you don't like it at all there is no sense in eating something you don't enjoy. There are other healthy sources of calcium and protein that are low in fat.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I am a purist when it comes to cottage cheese the only thing I like with it is freshly ground black pepper and lots of it.

I love cottage cheese, but a lot of people I know don't so, I usually make this recipe and they have no idea that they are eating it!

Mix 2 lg carton cottage cheese

1 lg carton of cool whip

1 lg pkg of any flavor jello

mix this all together and put in fridge for an hour! Delicious!

Weird..... my family has greed stuff. its lime jello mix, pineapple and whip cream i think..
smile.gif

i just had some with a little pepper and those plain bagel chips! mmmmm yummy!

Everytime I see this thread my mouth waters and I start craving some cottage cheese and bagel chips only to realize there is nothing in this house to eat. I need to get myself to the grocery store and stock up. I've been slacking in that dept. since the folks have been away.

It doesn't really taste like anything to me, what bothers me is the coldness mixed with the texture of it. I eat it occasionally because I'll get a craving for it and it usually hits the spot and fills me up.

I can only eat cottage cheese when it's in a salad and with some oil and vinegar. I haven't been able to enjoy it with crackers.

I really like the Breakstones Small Curd. I think it's 2%.

I like sweet and salty but not in the case of cottage cheese. The only thing I really like mixed with cottage cheese are beets. Weird, I know.
wassatt.gif

I only do it when I'm at a salad bar.

I love cottage cheese! I'll have to try it with bagel chips. One time I remember Malinda (gracegirl7) suggested eating a cottage cheese/peanut butter sandwich.. I tried that.. and it tastes so good! Ew, less than 4% fat is nasty EXCEPT Market Basket brand fat free with pineapple.. yumm
smile.gif
Kay I'm done telling a novel about cottage cheese, but yep it's pretty darn good. Just can't overdo it, because if it's overdone the "healthy" factor is driven outta the water.

i've never had cottage cheese w/anything else besides salad .. and i like it

i tried cottage cheese once and it was GROSS, so i'll try some of the suggestions here in this thread!!

Back