Could someone try to help me, please? I'd really greatly appreciate it. Eyeshadow application help.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you should focus on defining your eyebrows as they seem naturally very fair; personally I find dying the brows is a lot less hassle than using powders. Once they are dyed it is so much easier to see the stray hairs: having a cleaner line underneath helps with working out where to apply the base show wash/ how high to blend the crease colour/ how much highlighter you need on the browbone. I also agree with investing in some decent brushes - Crown (Coastal Scents & Make-up Geek are just rebranded Crown) and Sigma get positive reviews and are more budget friendly than MAC. Those of us with hooded eyes do better with smaller brushes, but small cheap brushes can have too few bristles to be useful so research is key.

HTH!

@Melissa...you are doing wonderful! Keep up the good work!
claps.gif

Originally Posted by purple.haze /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Invest in some of the blending brushes used in the youtube tutorials, even if they are cheaper alternatives. They really do make a difference and make blending so much easier. I love the Mac 224 brush, sometimes I use it to apply my concealer under my eyes, other times I wash it out and use it to blend away harsh lines.

I agree with purple.haze It's super important to invest in good blending brushes. It makes a big difference. Mac brushes are awesome but I like the Sigma brushes.

The MAC #239 is called a packing brush for a reason! you always pack on the color! dont swipe it on because when you pack you get more color concentrated on that area of your lid.

Your main issue is blending though. Blending out the harsh lines. The MAC #217 will help you with that

watch makeup artists on youtube. Its easier seen than people typing it.

xxsgtigressxx

Prettylilmzgrace

Uneekbarbiegurl

Beatfacehoney

MakeupbyEman

LittleKiva

Makeupadikt

ETC

I came across this blog recently..do you see how all the makeup is blended in areas that need to be blended?

http://exoticbeauty-sugarandspice.blogspot.com/

Back