Cracked Caramel-Pumpkin Pie

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width=160 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
sl_11306.1_m.jpg
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Cracked Caramel-Pumpkin Pie

clear.gif

1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts

1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk

1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin

2 cups whipping cream, divided

2 large eggs, lightly beaten

2 egg yolks, lightly beaten

1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar

1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

3 tablespoons water

3 tablespoons corn syrup

1/3 cup sugar

Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pieplate according to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp.

Cook milk in a medium-size heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 10 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat; stir in pumpkin.

Stir in 1 cup whipping cream and next 4 ingredients until smooth. Pour into crust.

Bake at 350° on bottom oven rack for 40 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Chill 8 hours.

Cook 3 tablespoons water, corn syrup, and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer registers 300° (hard-crack stage). Pour immediately over pie, and quickly spread mixture with a metal spatula. Let stand 2 hours before serving. Tap hard sugar topping with back of a spoon to crack.

Beat remaining 1 cup whipping cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Serve with pie.

Yield: Makes 1 (9-inch) pie

<SCRIPT xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format">writeNutrient();</SCRIPT>Southern Living, NOVEMBER 1999

LOL...I think I just put on a couple of pounds reading the recipe, it does sound good though and I love trying new things, it got good reviews also. Paula Deen has to be one of my favorites, with her Southern Charm she just reminds me so much of my Mom and her Bridge playing girlfriends, they were all soooooo cute when they got together for their card games, some of the best recipe swapping around came from those ladies and you would have sworn that at any moment Scarlett O'Hara would walk in.

Latest posts

Back