Crappy Pigmented Eyeshadow

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This week CVS has Milani on sale and Walgreens has Prestige on sale, so I am going to try both of these brands.

I tried using UDPP with my eyeshadows and still, nothing.

You get a good quality powder shadow, loose or pressed, it can stay in your collection for years. I used to buy lots of cheap items instead of fewer quality items but it really is a false economy.

Cover girl eyeshadows are the ones that never llook right on me. I needed a dark black eyeshadow and the one I got from cover girl looked that way. But in fact it came out as a medium grey on me! So yeah.

I 2nd the recs for milani and Jane though!!!

Some of the vert best e/s I've ever bought were from a discount Revlon store near their factory. Revlon Wet/Dry e/s quads. They are amazing imo.

resizeimgbigef3.jpg

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif stop wasting money on cheapo brands! or at least invest in time honored eyeshadows that have a good pigment to them. if you cant but like the looks of MAC or Bobbi or Makeup Forever or Urban Decay, then you can always invest in they palette collections, which will get you a lot of colors for a reasonable price. i think Urban Decay makes some of the best priced palettes. or you can always stick with drugstore brands that are tried and true, like jane, milani, nyx...
or start using a primer underneath, it works miracles on cheapo eyeshadows.

Ditto on the Urban Decay palettes. They are super pigmented and are real cheap for the quality. I strongly, strongly recommnd getting some of these. Also, do you have milani? Try buying some, they are like $3.00 per shadow and I have to admit I think they are almost the same quality as mac, they are real pigmented.

Originally Posted by jdepp_84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Also, do you have milani? Try buying some, they are like $3.00 per shadow and I have to admit I think they are almost the same quality as mac, they are real pigmented. I completely agree!: Milani e/s are wonderfully pigmented.

I find that there are a lot of "cheapo" brands that work just fine, especially for those who may not be able spend a lot of money on makeup, but still love it none the less. I like Milani, NYX, Medusa's Makeup, even Fyrinnae, which is not expensive at all. I also like L'Oreal HIP shadows, you just may have to put on more for an really intense color. What techniques are you using, that also may be a factor in your color levels.

I am also just like u I always look for the best e/s.I ahve tried lke 30-40 brands even in high-end brands,but none worked me for,I have been looking for 2 yrs and I have found the e/s I just love.

High-end - Sephora mono e/s in Mat,Chrome and Strass...the perfect e/s for my taste and the ones I was looking for.

Drugstore - JANE IS IT!!!!! I ALWAYS CANNOT WEAR DEPT.STORE BRANDS WHEN I GO OUT SO I WEAR JANE EYE-ZING E/S,JUST THE PERFECT FINISH AND SHIMMER I WAS LOOKING FOR.I DONT KNOW HOW I MISSED THEM,MAY BE SINCE ITS COUNTER IS VERY VERY SMALL I HAVE THINK LOW OF THAT BRAND.BUT THIS IS IT.MY SEARCH IS OVER.I AM HAPPY NOW.

Since I've started this thread, my eyeshadow collection has grown quite nicely with MAC, NYX, Urban Decay and many mineral e/s taking their rightful place in my MU collection.

Thanks for the great suggestions everyone!

I have a suggestion here, the absolute best cheapest eyeshadows with mac quality: we n' wild trio's. THE BEST!

You know what, I was so set on not ever buying higher end makeup because it was so pricey, right?

Well - I'm now a huge MAC fan and can't see myself going back to any other brands because their quality makes me happy. Since it is so pricey, I just compromised to buy a few shadows every pay check or once a month. That way your collection is growing and you're not overspending because as you said, you're spending lots of money of crap quality.

I do like NYX - but I don't reach out to use them anymore. I might even sell them off eventually, but I always got many compliments from wearing their shades. The MAC sales rep assumed I was wearing one of their products
biggrin.gif

HIP is also good from what I've seen. And the new MAX Factor have some goodies aswell.

Hope that helps!

Back