Cravebox Axe Men's Styling Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kawaiisofoxy

Indie Ingenue
Reaction score
Anyone buying one?  I got a "messy look" one for my hubby!  They're $12 for the first one and $10 for any one after that.  They have 3 different ones... "Spiky", "Messy", and "Clean Cut".  

I can't wait for my hubs to have his own styling stuff so he leaves mine alone! 
wink.gif

Was so excited to get an email from Cravebox today but I'm passing on this because it just wouldn't get used here.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  My hubby is no fun.

You think everything in the box is shown in the pic?  I'm wondering if there are going to be any surprises with it.  I guess I can just wait!

Kind of torn on this one. If there's just some hair gel and shampoo I'm not really interested but if there's some surprise element, then I'm more easily swayed. My boyfriend is very happy with his current Bumble & Bumble products, but he's open to trying something new. Argh, not sure what to do!

Originally Posted by KayEss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Kind of torn on this one. If there's just some hair gel and shampoo I'm not really interested but if there's some surprise element, then I'm more easily swayed. My boyfriend is very happy with his current Bumble & Bumble products, but he's open to trying something new. Argh, not sure what to do!
Axe is a huge step down from BUmble & Bumble...I'd pass. LOL. But Axe reminds me of drunk frat boys...thanks, college years. ICK.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Axe is a huge step down from BUmble & Bumble...I'd pass. LOL. But Axe reminds me of drunk frat boys...thanks, college years. ICK.
Agreed in terms of the step down, but Bumble & Bumble is EXPENSIVE. Sometimes products I'd normally dismiss surprise me, and I end up with a new (more inexpensive) favorite...i.e. Aussie's 3 Minute Miracle. I guess the best thing to do is ask him how interested he is and go from there. He knows his styling preferences better than I do after all.

My husband actually loves the way the Axe stuff smells (he uses their deodorant and body wash) so I already know he'll like the scent of these styling products.  Also, he's constantly into my hair stuff, so this way he has his own.  And if he doesn't end up liking it, no big deal, I didn't drop a bunch of $ on it!

Honestly, though, I hate their commercials.  And I'd never buy their body sprays, I gave him Acqua di Gio for when he wants to smell sexy 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My husband actually loves the way the Axe stuff smells (he uses their deodorant and body wash) so I already know he'll like the scent of these styling products.  Also, he's constantly into my hair stuff, so this way he has his own.  And if he doesn't end up liking it, no big deal, I didn't drop a bunch of $ on it!

Honestly, though, I hate their commercials.  And I'd never buy their body sprays, I gave him Acqua di Gio for when he wants to smell sexy 
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I honestly think my instant dislike of the idea of their other products is thanks to that stupid body spray...living on a college campus where unhygienic boys seemed to replace bathing with dousing themselves with liberal amounts of Axe body spray...ughhh.

But I can totally relate to wanting the manfolk to have their own products! I used to live in a house with 9 boys in college...and I would be so peeved because they would use all of my girly soaps, shampoos, lotions...EVEN WHEN THEY HAD THEIR OWN. lmao :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

One bad thing about not having a drawing: they give no indication of when boxes will start shipping! Wondering if they'll wait a set period to prevent spoilers leaking before others decide to buy or if they'll ship right away.

When I got to the final screen to pick the "look" I wanted to buy for, they pretty much showed the products.  2 hair products for each type of style, and then another 2 items off to the side that looked like they'd be in every box.  I'm guessing guys aren't as impressed by fun little extras like we ladies are, so I'm not expecting anything other than those 4 items.  I'll post a pic when I get it though!

And I'm still looking forward to the reader's box and the craft box.  They have been teasing me long enough with that "coming soon" sign!

Originally Posted by Meahlea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ew. Axe. Passing as I don't know any 7th grade football players.
EXACTLY. i actually taught seventh grade for one year (looong story) and they all used this stuff. 

As the mother of two teenage boys who have subjected me to this previously... NO NO NO!!! Axe smells so bad. Luckily I have converted them to other products so they smell like nice young gentlemen now. If only I could get them to act like it too... lol

Hooray! That's great news. What was in it??
They had 3 different box options, Messy, Clean-Cut, or Spiky.  I got my hubby the Messy one, and it had Gravity Defying Dust and Styling Gum.  All boxes got a big bottle of combo shampoo/conditioner/bodywash, and a waterless foam shampoo.  

The Clean Cut one had Pomade and a Wet-Shine Gel, and the Spiky one had Extreme Hold Hairspray and Spiking Glue.

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They had 3 different box options, Messy, Clean-Cut, or Spiky.  I got my hubby the Messy one, and it had Gravity Defying Dust and Styling Gum.  All boxes got a big bottle of combo shampoo/conditioner/bodywash, and a waterless foam shampoo.  

The Clean Cut one had Pomade and a Wet-Shine Gel, and the Spiky one had Extreme Hold Hairspray and Spiking Glue.
Thanks for the list! We got the messy box as well. Gravity defying dust sounds interesting...I'm curious to see the instructions and packaging for that one. The shampoo/conditioner/body wash will get used for sure (if nothing else I'm happy to use it as shower gel). I'm kind of confused by the waterless shampoo...my boyfriend has pretty short hair, so he can wash it without much fuss and it never looks greasy. I guess maybe I can steal that one from him? Excited for the box to arrive! (More excited because he'll be excited really.)

Thanks for the list! We got the messy box as well. Gravity defying dust sounds interesting...I'm curious to see the instructions and packaging for that one. The shampoo/conditioner/body wash will get used for sure (if nothing else I'm happy to use it as shower gel). I'm kind of confused by the waterless shampoo...my boyfriend has pretty short hair, so he can wash it without much fuss and it never looks greasy. I guess maybe I can steal that one from him? Excited for the box to arrive! (More excited because he'll be excited really.)
I'm actually kind of wondering if the gravity dust disguises thinning hair at all (lol my poor hubby... I keep offering to cut mine off and make him a wig, but he just gets all offended 
wink.gif
).  

My hubby LOVES their bodywash, and maybe being able to use it as a shampoo means he won't steal mine!  Also, I am loving the pushbutton/flip-top lid!    I may end up stealing the waterless shampoo too... I'm always confused by the spray/dry shampoos, this one seems much more user-friendly.

My hubby's away for his job, so I may be experimenting with the styling gum on my 5-year-old son.  He loves it when Mommy does his hair.

Latest posts

Back