Cravebox - Girls Night In

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my box today, 4.4 lbs but still the same as everyone else's. I loved this box!! I'm so excited about the cappuccino mix, I already buy that brand (in double mocha) so it is nice to have the chance to try a new flavor.

I received my box today... was hoping for the lip balm in the plum color, but received another "healthy blush" just like I already had and like I just

received in my Allure box.  My water flavor was grape (yay!)  Still a decent box for me.

I got my box today.  I'm curious to try out the wine gift card and I'm painting my fingers and toes tonight!  

Not really thrilled with the food/drink items.  I'll probably donate them.

Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my box today.  I'm curious to try out the wine gift card and I'm painting my fingers and toes tonight!  

Not really thrilled with the food/drink items.  I'll probably donate them.
Let me know how you get on with the wine card.  I'm having trouble figuring out how to use it, when I go to the cart I never see it applied.  

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Let me know how you get on with the wine card.  I'm having trouble figuring out how to use it, when I go to the cart I never see it applied.  
I can't seem to figure out how to get the Angels pricing to apply.  Best I can make out is $20 for 6 bottles of wine (cheapest wines) or $3.33/bottle including shipping, without angels discount pricing.  Really, that's not bad at all.  I was planning to use the wines for upcoming birthday/mother's day/wedding/anniversary etc. gifts.  

I can't seem to figure out how to get the Angels pricing to apply.  Best I can make out is $20 for 6 bottles of wine (cheapest wines) or $3.33/bottle including shipping, without angels discount pricing.  Really, that's not bad at all.  I was planning to use the wines for upcoming birthday/mother's day/wedding/anniversary etc. gifts.  
Sounds like a deal to me!  It kept applying the angel discount and not the voucher, then trying to make me order at least 12 bottles.  Now it won't take the voucher number!  But they were really on the ball about emailing me to ask if anything was wrong when I got annoyed and closed out the site.  I put in a request for them to call me tomorrow, we'll see how it goes!

Originally Posted by Maggiedoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Since you got yours already, can I drill you about the bits I'm unclear on?

The voucher you get in the Cravebox adds an extra $10 to the standard $40 new-person introductory offer, right?  And that introductory offer is like getting a free sample month of being an Angel?  When I look through their wines even without an account and put stuff in my cart, it's the Angel price that's showing up, not the normal non-Angel price.  

It says "No membership is required - you are not required to join any type of wine club to redeem!" but it also says all over the site that the Angels subscription isn't a wine club and you can use the money in your account whenever you want, yadda yadda..  So "you are not required to join any type of wine club" wouldn't mean anything on a site that declares loudly that it's not a wine club.  Do you join or not?

All over the site, it says that the monthly amount to put in your account to be an Angel is $40.. except in the terms and conditions.  http://us.nakedwines.com/terms.htm#angels In the "Naked Angels" section it says "You become an Angel by agreeing to save at least $30 each month (or $40, $50, or any multiple of $10) into your NakedWines.com Account ("Account") towards your next order, yours to spend on any wines available in your state, whenever you want."  ..Which seems to contradict everything else they say about Angel membership.
I did not join the Angel club thing. I just put 6 wines in my cart and paid the full price for them. All of my prices that showed up were the non-Angel prices. I bought the cheapest wine possible.

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sounds like a deal to me!  It kept applying the angel discount and not the voucher, then trying to make me order at least 12 bottles.  Now it won't take the voucher number!  But they were really on the ball about emailing me to ask if anything was wrong when I got annoyed and closed out the site.  I put in a request for them to call me tomorrow, we'll see how it goes!
Apparently you can use the voucher or get the Angel price, but not both for one order.  I did join, and they gave me a choice between applying the voucher or getting the Angel price.  (They had a £ symbol instead of a $ symbol, but the numbers were right.)  They had a special "Nifty Gifty" case at Angel price even for non-Angels, so I got that one and it let me apply the voucher even though it was the lower price.  (I didn't see that one in the regular list of cases, though.)  So I paid the $40 to join as an Angel and then another $7.58 including shipping and sales tax.  (Which I guess means that they have a distributor in this state?  The sales tax surprised me.)  That was for a case of 12, which seemed pretty good to me.  They have a nice easy "to cancel, click here" on the "angels account" page, so it seemed to make sense to just join.

Their website has some kind of bizarre formatting.. On my "naked me" page there are places where the big green buttons overlap and cover text, and there was a notice that my order had shipped with a green button that said "woot!" covering some of the text, which when clicked took me to a non-functioning page of code. 
blink.gif
  I'm hoping that they're just better at wine than they are at website-building, and/or that they're still working out the bugs in their US site; it looks like their US launch was pretty recent.  I haven't gotten an e-mail confirmation of shipping yet, and the order confirmation said to expect my order around the 8th.  I thought that it said before that the option to rate the wines shouldn't come up until the order had been delivered, but I've already got it.. I don't know if that means that it should be getting here earlier than expected or not. 

Also looks like they do dates by the European day/month/year format. 

ETA: Just got an automated phone call from FedEx that a package is scheduled for delivery tomorrow that requires a signature from an adult 21 or older.  Guess my delivery is tomorrow! 
biggrin.gif

I had a Fed Ex door tag on my door today requiring a signature of someone 21 or older. I tracked the package and it said it originated from Richfield, OH. I'm assuming it's got to be the wine, but I couldn't find that address on their website. Anyone else get a package from that location? 

Originally Posted by chachithegreat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had a Fed Ex door tag on my door today requiring a signature of someone 21 or older. I tracked the package and it said it originated from Richfield, OH. I'm assuming it's got to be the wine, but I couldn't find that address on their website. Anyone else get a package from that location? 
I can't find specifics, but on their "Help and FAQs" page under "Who will deliver the wine?" they say "We have multiple warehouses that specialize in getting the wine to you as quickly as possible" so I'm assuming that they ship your order from whatever warehouse is closest to you. 

So I just got around to opening this box yesterday -- I hadn't ordered a Cravebox for a while because the last five+ I received were so very disappointing.  I was really impressed with this one though!  I adore the lip balm, and am excited for the cappuccino and the hangover patches. Nail polishes won't get used but at least they're cute colors!

Just wanted to update that the NakedWines Customer Service team was very helpful in getting the voucher added to my account.  Minimum order is 6 bottles (making it pretty much impossible to create an order at the $51 minimum, because every bottle is at least $9.99).  I got 4 of the $9.99 bottles and "splurged" on one bottle of Riesling (10.99) and one of Moscato ($11.99), and with delivery ($9.99) paid about $25 out of pocket.  Definitely not bad for 6 bottles of wine!

I also have another $50 GC from my April Goodies box, so if I like my wines, I can always try some more! (Why do I feel like that made me sound like a total lush?) 
gulp.gif

For those of you who ordered wine, how fast did it ship?

Just trying to time an order for some b-day presents.  

Originally Posted by renolyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, so I got mine and used my NakedWines gift card. Be warned: You have to spend at least $51 and pay a flat rate $9.99 shipping. Oh, and you have to order at least 6 bottles. I ended up spending $26 out of pocket.  Still not a horrible deal for 6 bottles of wine. I won't be using the one from the Goodies box.
Hey! Possible I could snag the one from the Goodies box if you won't be using it?

I ordered mine Wednesday May 1 and got my wine today, May 7. Hope that helps! It was really quick as I wasn't expecting it til Thursday.

I ordered mine on Friday, May 3rd and it arrived Saturday, May 4th -- I was shocked and impressed!

Originally Posted by MissMonica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ordered mine on Friday, May 3rd and it arrived Saturday, May 4th -- I was shocked and impressed!

Originally Posted by BlaqMD90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ordered mine Wednesday May 1 and got my wine today, May 7. Hope that helps! It was really quick as I wasn't expecting it til Thursday.
Great! Thanks so much.  Another question, where do they ship from?  Were you able to tell?  

Just got my wine!  The delivery guy asked to see my ID and then said "Oh my gosh!  You're older than I am!"

Then he got all awkward and left... hehehe...
roflmao.gif

Great! Thanks so much.  Another question, where do they ship from?  Were you able to tell?  
No I wasn't. The packing slip just has the Naked Wines address in California listed.

Back