Curious, what products do you NOT buy or wear?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't use tinted moisturizer. Although I would like to, they do not provide enough lasting coverage for me. Plus, for some odd reason most of them just seem to break me out :-

Originally Posted by nkjm /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I usually don't use any lip products. I'm allergic to some ingredient but just never have been able to figure out which ones...which is why I just avoid them altogether now :'(
Sorry to hear that..I've been really enjoying my balms and glosses lately.  Maybe with so many new organic products out there you can find something that works. I know "Bite" a lip product co on sephora contains all food grade ingredients. I just picked up at $15 mini set on there with 2 lipsticks and 1 gloss. It had very good reviews. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I won't be wearing Urban Decay now, I can tell you that!
Is that because of the China/animal testing thing?

Is that because of the China/animal testing thing?
Yes it is, absolutely. That, combined with some recent press releases from UD that came off to me as arrogant and patronizing, just makes me feel they have sold out.

Sorry to hear that..I've been really enjoying my balms and glosses lately.  Maybe with so many new organic products out there you can find something that works. I know "Bite" a lip product co on sephora contains all food grade ingredients. I just picked up at $15 mini set on there with 2 lipsticks and 1 gloss. It had very good reviews. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Korres also makes wonderful botanical lip colors. Another I discovered recently is Red Apple Lipstick (I don't have the phone number handy but they do have a website, just Google the name!) Red Apple products are vegan, gluten-free, and no animal testing. Plus the wear is incredible!

i can't do false lashes or lip liners. i'm also not a huge fan of liquid eyeliner but i'll occasionally use it on my eyelids, just not underneath.  other than that, i'm pretty open to playing with just about anything.

I rarely powder my face and never wear any bright eye makeup products.

I do Not Wear lip liner..I do buy it cause I use it on my clients when applying certain lipsticks, but I am personally not a fan of it myself.

I don't like wearing foundation. I don't like how it feels on my skin and I really don't like how I look with it on. I much prefer a clean face with eye shadow and lipstick alone.

I've changed my mind about blushes. Now I have a couple, and I just got the Vapour Beauty Aura Multi-use Blush in color "spark" and its perfect. Very light and natural looking. great for days I don't feel like doing much because its so easy to put on. I'm a convert! I love it!

Regardless of who makes it, I won't do blue eye shadow. The closest I will get is a deep navy liner with nothing else. As a kid in the 1970's in Catholic school, the only eye makeup permitted was light blue eye shadow. I hated it on me then and hate it even more now. The irony: a couple of weeks ago I ordered some ELF and had a promo code for a $20-value mystery bag. When my order came there was a huge shadow palette, and half of the colors were blue and turquoise.

I won't use tanning products, never curl my lashes, and don't use false lashes. I do adore how false lashes look but I am just terrible at putting them on. I always end up looking like I have a dead squished spider on my eyelid. I almost never wear nude lips either. My lips are very light naturally so if I wanted that look, I would just put on lip balm.

I never wear foundation; I own some, but I hate how it looks on me. I usually just go for a super light tinted moisturizer. Also I only wear false lashes to parties. 

And I don't buy perfume; I just don't really like it, but people buy it for me anyways.

I prefer foundation only in the colder months as a rule, although my BB cream may take its place. When it's hot I'll use a tinted moisturizer or BB cream--Clinique's wears astonishingly well in high heat and humidity.

Black Eyeliner pencils. My eyes are large and elongated enough thanks. I use white though, when I didn't have enough sleep the night before. Also, bright eyeshadows. I get them in palettes, so technically I buy them; I tried using them, but it just isn't me, so not anymore.

Hilarious!

Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The irony: a couple of weeks ago I ordered some ELF and had a promo code for a $20-value mystery bag. When my order came there was a huge shadow palette, and half of the colors were blue and turquoise.

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't use/buy eyelash curlers. I've got natural curl to my lashes, and I've always been deathly afraid that I would rip all of my eyelashes out with it or something. I know, I know, I probably wouldn't...but it's still a weird fear I harbor.

Also, I don't wear much eyeliner anymore. I've never been super awesome at putting it on, and I prefer more natural looks, so I tend to forego it. I do own several eyeliners though...
I always pat myself on the back after I use the eyelash curler. I'm still scared I'm going to pull them all out, but I haven't yet!

Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I always pat myself on the back after I use the eyelash curler. I'm still scared I'm going to pull them all out, but I haven't yet!
I think I might try one because when a MUA used one on me, my eyelashes looked amazing! It is terrifying though lol. 

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I might try one because when a MUA used one on me, my eyelashes looked amazing! It is terrifying though lol. 
You just can't make any sudden movements while you've got the eyelashes clamped! But trust me, if I can use them.. you can. I am so accident prone.

Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You just can't make any sudden movements while you've got the eyelashes clamped! But trust me, if I can use them.. you can. I am so accident prone.
Thanks for the encouragement/advice! Anyone have any good eyelash curlers they'd recommend?

Back