Dare To Be - Lebanese Lovely ( Nov 10 - Nov 24 )

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by RazorCandi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did a shoot this weekend and I used this theme for the make up in the shoot, although the shoot is for something else is it still okay to submit the photos? They are new photos taken on the 14th (yesterday) and the make up was inspired by this post :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Hello RazorCandi, Thank you for asking.

One of the posted rules for the Dare To Be is...

Â·Â· All entries must be specifically created for each individual challenge. No recycled images will be allowed. That is, if you enter an image/images for one challenge, you cannot enter the same image/images in another challenge.

Seeing as how this post inspired you, you may post your photos to be used as inspiration, and you may also post a photo of your makeup for the challenge, so long as the photo is still in it's original form.

Meaning no retouching, light adjustments, editing, photoshopping...etc.

·· Do not retouch your photo using PhotoShop or ANY other graphic editor. You may resize your photo size but do not enhance the photo such as smoothing your makeup or skin or even adding or changing the original makeup look/colors. This is NOT a photo contest so be fair with others. (Please see the new PhotoShop Rules)

I'm really struggling with getting this look to even slightly work. I might have to skip this challenge until I have a larger skills set. 

Originally Posted by vixie13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm really struggling with getting this look to even slightly work. I might have to skip this challenge until I have a larger skills set. 

I know what you mean! When I try it, it looks nothing compared to the girls who wear it! 

I love this look so much though. It is very lovely.  

I went a little crazy with color!! But it was a fun and HARD look! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I covered my hair because it's blonde, and totally threw off the makeup! Shout out to my bb for the great quality photos... haha.

Ah well, maybe I will just post the photos to show off the inspiration and skip the actual voting challenge. The photos turned out great as modeling photos but posting them for the make up challenge may mot work so well as I don't have many close ups of the actual make up, maybe the next one though!

Anyway did these over the weekend :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

some snap shots off my Sony.

Your professional photos are fabulous! Very hot!

Your makeup looks awesome too, you can enter your eyemakeup photos, they look great! You did a really awesome job!

Thanks Katana. I think I could have definitely gotten more creative with this, I think I will wait for the next challenge and go all out or maybe try this one again if I have time before the 24th :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ok so this is my 1st DTB entry ever so be genyle with me!!

Can this one above be my entry please?

Closed eyes and you can see the colours better. (sorry I'm having computer issues and can't crop the image)

Great Entry Giddybootz!

I love how you added the little diamonds by your eyes!

Okay, I wasn't originally going to enter because I have NEVER done this sort of look before. Too be honest, it's the sort of look I usually avoid, the heavy eyeliner and such... Then I did a look, just playing around. Then I thought it wasn't good enough to enter and that I'd try again before the deadline. And now I've seen the other entries and I KNOW it's not good enough, but I don't really think I will be making another look so I'm just going to enter anyways and lose just for the fun of it, lol.

On top of that, I just realized my photos didn't come out that well, *throws hands in the air* What can you do! Lol.

And one for FUN!!!!

and BTW. I know I am INSANELY white. This was using as much bronzer as I felt comfortable wearing to work. And I got many compliments on my makeup, but I also had an old man tell me that "I was a very pretty girl but I wear way too much makeup" I just had to laugh.

ThatsSerica, I love color so it was fun to see you incorporate some color into the theme. I myself probably would have done more color but I thought it might not be the Lebanese way, I don't really know about this style.

Welcome to the fun giddyboots and goodluck!

Great Look Vixie, I can tell you put alot of effort into the extra things, like the gem. My only critic would be that I think your eyebrow should have been stronger, that's the impression I get from all the examples. Good Luck!!

Giddy - I love the background picture!  It is adorable.  Not to mention your makeup looks great!  I love the lips.

Callme - awesome as usual :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Vixie - you really played the part...hehehe...looks quite Arabian

Originally Posted by CallmeMrsAL /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ThatsSerica, I love color so it was fun to see you incorporate some color into the theme. I myself probably would have done more color but I thought it might not be the Lebanese way, I don't really know about this style.

Welcome to the fun giddyboots and goodluck!

Great Look Vixie, I can tell you put alot of effort into the extra things, like the gem. My only critic would be that I think your eyebrow should have been stronger, that's the impression I get from all the examples. Good Luck!!
I know I totally wish I could get those eyebrows to darken. I have blond! blond! blond! eyebrows and like so thin too!! So it's totally hard for me to make a bold brow. That's actually the darkest color in my palette! haha ridiculous right! 

Vixie: well if they are really that light it may be good you didn't go darker then, it could have look really unnatural. It turned out well anyways

Back