Dare To Be - Masquerade Makeup! (October 20th - November 2nd)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, everyone!

The next challenge is Dare To Be - Masquerade Makeup!

Chosen by Liz2, winner Dare To Be - A Pussycat Doll!

For this challenge, please use makeup rather than decorating masks. Here are some examples:

28894-Masquerade1.jpg

28894-Masquerade3.jpg

28894-Masquerade4.jpg

28894-Masquerade5.gif

28894-Masquerade6.gif

28894-Masquerade7.jpg

Feel free to get creative! And don't forget to post inspirational pics if you have any!
smile.gif

If you are thinking about entering this challenge, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:

THE RULES HAVE CHANGED!

1. NO photo manipulation is allowed at all!

What is Photo Manipulation and what does it include?

Well, you've probably seen some great photo manipulation by our very own mod, Daer0n. An example of her work is illustrated here:

beforeafter.jpg

This is probably the first thing that comes to mind when a lot of people hear the word "Photoshopped" or "Photo Manipulated", but a photo manipulation can be very subtle and include even slight changes like alterations to coloring or contrast. So even if you lighten your photo with a photo editing program,you may not think it counts as photo manipulation, but it does. Basically, if you use a photo editing program to alter your photo in any way, it counts as photo manipulation. Therefore, for all Dare to Be competitions, you are only allowed to crop and/or resize your photo. That's it.

2. Any pictures which appear to be suspect, will either be automatically disqualified if the member is asked and doesn't come clean. If after saying it's not touched in any way the picture still seems to be suspect, then the entry will be DQed anyway. (If need be, it will be made so all entries are approved by a Moderator first).

3. Voting will remain in place. There is not true sufficient evidence to back that consistent entries/winners are discouraging. Participation overall still lacks, which we hope will change very soon!

Have fun and enjoy the contest!
For those whose entries include more than one pic: Please post the pic that you would like to be entered into the voting poll as your first pic to save time.
g.gif
hb.gif

Yay!!! I find it interesting that alot of people say they don't like the voting part of DTB, yet in the last challenge where there was NO voting, less people participated.

This should be really fun!

Yeah, interesting indeed. People need an incentive to participate even if it is just knowing that you could "win"

Ohh I like this one!! Hopefully I'll have time to participate!

About the last DTB, I think more people would have participated if the dates comprehended the actual Halloween date or the weekends before and after the Halloween date which is when the parties take place and people actually dress up and go out.

Originally Posted by Sheikah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ohh I like this one!! Hopefully I'll have time to participate!
About the last DTB, I think more people would have participated if the dates comprehended the actual Halloween date or the weekends before and after the Halloween date which is when the parties take place and people actually dress up and go out.

I've just extended the Halloween Hottie to last until November 1st!
wink.gif
Now hopefully everyone will be able to show off their Halloween looks.

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ok, so this took me about 6 hours because I kept taking breaks! lol! Friggin awesome job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yay!!! I find it interesting that alot of people say they don't like the voting part of DTB, yet in the last challenge where there was NO voting, less people participated.
This should be really fun!

I think less people participated because people either don't have their costumes yet for Halloween, or are just waiting for Halloween itself to dress up and don't want to do the makeup twice. I didn't have time to do the D2B since school started and I have to make my costume LOL...But since it's been extended I'm definitely going to enter.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ok, so this took me about 6 hours because I kept taking breaks! lol!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...asquerade1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...asquerade2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...asquerade3.jpg

worship.gif
Shaundra...I'm speechless!!!! OMG what an an amazing job!!! The colors you used...the design...everything!

OMG Shaundra, what a beautiful entry! I really don´t have the patience to enter in this D2B, and now that you said it took you 6 hours...respect!

You look absolutely amazing. I´m speechless

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yay!!! I find it interesting that alot of people say they don't like the voting part of DTB, yet in the last challenge where there was NO voting, less people participated. Let's keep it simple, bad timing had everything to do with it. It should have been held this week.
Shaudra, very well done, the photos came out stunning!
applaus.gif

Latest posts

Back