Dare to Be Nails – Animal Instincts - (May 24 – June 7)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is my new butterfly mani :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Done specifically for this challenge since the blue one doesn't count. I have never seen a green monarch but I wish they existed cause they would be so pretty! This polish is from the new WnW Mermaid Cove Collection and it is called Ocean Grotto. I swear I am drawn to shimmery greens like this... I have way too many of them but this is one of my favorites!

Here's my entry:

I decided to do a skittles of different animals because I couldn't chose one AND I was having fun using my BM plates for the first time WITH the Born Pretty Stamper (It's good!! BUT the scapper does get a bit annoying... sorta scratches the plates, after a while since it has a piece of metal). It's also my first time using acryllic nails.... I realised that I didn't have enough space to play with my stamps with my short nails and the only one that accidentally chose the wrong size for is the middle finger, hahaha.

Wells, at least I remember to enter this time, hahaha! TIme to go back to my assignments :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wonder if you can guess what animals I tried?

Originally Posted by vixie13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I saw it on sale as well! Almost bought it...but I'm realizing I have WAY too much nail polish.
No such thing as too much!

Wow I'm really impressed.  I don't know anything about nails.. and I tend to bite mine a lot so I rarely get them done.. No one I know can even do their own nails like this.. they all go to the salon and pay like $40 for them... or more.

Here's my entry...

I wanted to do a bumble bee look, but I just couldn't get my lines straight... so I went with a peacock themed instead.

Wow so many cool designs. I am big into nail art. My camera fails at catching the designs very well :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I still have a few days and need to do my nails anyways, maybe i'll try to do this one :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

What a coincidence, I just did a blue zebra manicure!

I'm sorry it's so big : :blush: : I couldn't get it to be smaller..

Originally Posted by KitaRei /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What a coincidence, I just did a blue zebra manicure!

I'm sorry it's so big : :blush: : I couldn't get it to be smaller..
What blue did you use? It's lovely!!

OH MY! Loveeee all of them
patches.gif

Last day to enter is Tuesday!!!! Make sure you submit your theme suggestion to be via PM in order to be officially entered!!!!!

I finally got my entry done this weekend.  This was my first time doing a "drag marble" technique and I'm really happy with the way the colors turned out.  I also did a peacock theme.  I'm not as good as Vixie tho with the freehand stuff, so mine are stamps.

Products Used:

For Marbling -

Color Club - Emerald Depths (it's really blue so I don't know why they call it Emerald)

Wet N' Wild - Carribean Frost

Sinful Colors - San Francisco (Deep Green)

For Stamping -

Bundle Monster Plate 15

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - White On

Accents -

LA Colors Art Deco - Gold Glitter

Avon Speed Dry Top Coat

Eeeeeeeek!!!  All of these are so prettty!!!  I wish I had the patience to do these things!  I love them.  Great job ladies.

Back