Dark spots caused by acne

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Epsom salts were recommended to me by someone over the net and they really work good. I haven't had a breakout since I started using the stuff and my acne scars looks as though they're fading also my skin is as smooth as a baby's bottom. I use it as a mask with just a little bit of water and let it sit on my face for afew minutes then scrub it all over. I also love to mix it with Clean and Clear cream cleanser...........it feels SO COOL I LOVE it. You can mix it with any cleanser that you love though and still see results. I wipe it off with a washcloth . Epsom Salts are supposed too bring out the toxins in your skin.

Oh yeah try some in your bath too. A big bag of them are only $2.50 so if they don't work for you at least you didn't spend a bundle.

Originally Posted by rehnuma /img/forum/go_quote.gif do u eat the salt5 or scrub on the face?

I said that I use them ON my face. What in the world would make you think I eat them lol
laughs.gif
?

Epsom salt!

I use it regularly for bath but never have tried rubbing on face! I will try tonight!

Ya, i think you can still take it internally, I mean drink it (dissolve in water) as laxative.

Originally Posted by angel_eyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif apply lemon juice on ur dark spots...and leave them overnight. they will fade in no time! i heard this whitens your skin!

Please be careful when using Hydroquinone. I agree that its the best thing out there for fading dark marks left by picking pimples or even when they dry up on their own but still leave a mark. In my experience it takes about 2 weeks to clear up even a really bad dark mark. Most women in my family

have used and recommended Ambi at some point in their lives.

Now for the bad news. Hydroquinone has been shown in studies to cause certain types of skin and blood cancers and the FDA is proposing a ban on all products, both prescription and over the counter, that contain it. Everything from Ambi and Esotherica, to 4% hydroquinone (only available by prescription and not usually covered by insurance) would be considered new drugs and have to go through FDA review all over again.

I learned this after I had been using the 4% cream for about a year. My new dermatologist had prescribed it and I had to fight tooth and nail to get my HMO to cover it. I was confused by the process but shruged it off. After a year of using it as my miracle cream - not only did it fade marks, but I could put it on a new pimple and expect it to clear up overnight - I heard it mentioned on the news in passing. Since I missed the story I had to look it up online and was shocked to learn that there's an entire population of people in South Africa who had been using hydroquinone in much the same way as I had and had widely developed a disfiguring skin condition called ochronosis. Check out the details of the FDA investigation here: FR Doc E6-14263

Personally, I've come to accept my scars. I use Olay Regenerist once a week, the Clinique 3 step skin care systemn daily, and the St. Ives Apricot Scrub whenever I get the notion. Sure, my marks have lightened from these efforts but I've really come not to think about them that much. I don't even wear foundation. I'd love to see more of us African American women come to accept our beauty dispite our "flaws". Life's too short! If you really wanna know the truth, men are generally more enamored by a woman's T & A than the condition of her skin. They're simple minded creatures and easily pleased. **stepping down off the soap box**

Good luck with whatever approach you take.

Back