Dating short Men

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've dated a few guys that were on the shorter side. I definately didn't mind.

I'm 5'6 and I find that a lot of men are about the same height - it seems rare to meet a guy that is over 6 feet.

Yes, I've dated 1 man who was as tall as me. Every other man I've seen were very tall.

i only ever dated one woman who was taller than me. I think she was more uncomfortable than me.

I would say 3.5" shorter is perfect, you hold hands and you are at the right height.

Probably because of past experiences with shorter men (little man syndrome and all that) I am instantly turned off. He maybe cute, but it just dosent sit right with me. Luckily my husband is over 6' and cute lol so for me I hit the jackpot. I am 5'6"

I am 5'0" and up until recently the only men I had ever dated in my adult life had been 6'0" or taller. I am currently dating someone who is shorter than my average, he's 5'7". I sort of like it. I am always in heels, so I am just about eye level to him when we kiss, and I don't have to strain my neck up. Also, I don't feel so short. When he's walking in a crowd, he doesn't look short, and so therefore, I don't feel short standing next to him. Plus, more people have said we look cute together than any other person I have ever dated.

My boyfriend now is just about 6' which i love, I myself am only barely 5' i have dated a couple that most would consider short but my preference is actually dating taller men.......

nope and never would. that's because I always wear high heels. He has to be at least as tall as I am when I wear my heels.

Well, I'm only 5'0", so it's not really an issue for me. lol.

Having said that, the shortest guy I've dated was 5'8". But I have not problem dating someone shorter than that.

Originally Posted by macface /img/forum/go_quote.gif Have you ever dated someone who is short? That depends on what you mean is short. I am 1,57 m myself. Never dated anyone lower than me. always taller guys and my X was a very tall man (2,03m).

I'm 5'8, so a lot of guys end up being shorter than me or just barely taller. I don't wear heels often, but when I do, I definitely tower over almost everyone. However, I would date a guy a couple of inches shorter than me if I really liked him. I don't really care about appearances in that sense. It isn't a huge deal for me because what if I turned down the greatest guy in the world just because he was a little shorter than me? Though I might start feeling weird if he were a lot shorter, like 5'4 or something lol.

However, I've never actually dated anyone shorter than myself.

the only short guy i've ever dated had complete short guy syndrome. he was angry about everything and turned out to be pretty nasty. that's not to generalise though, i think he would have been like that even if he was tall.

Well, the shortest man I've ever been with turns out to be the love of my life...

So after 6ft+ I'm stuck with this 5'10 shortie... LOL!

most of the guys I've dated have been tall. It's something I've always looked for subconsciously I think - my dad is very short, and a complete sweetie, so it's not like I've ever had a bad experience... I just prefer tall guys.

I'd give short guys a go, but I just seem to choose tall men!

I have dated short but most of mine were kinda medium. 5'8" - 5'11" or so. My current sweetie fits me just right. Just a couple of inches taller than me.

Nope! DH is 6'5" and I'm 5'1". Shortest boyfriend was 6'. I love tall men they are just so much fun to climb!
wink3.gif

I been out with a few guys that were a bit shorter or same height But call me shallow or whatever but never could i ever be with a man shorter than me I have this thing about height & age gotta be taller & older!!!

Back