Day/Night cream for dry skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This has probably been asked before but I thought I'd just create a new thread.  I would probably describe my skin as dry.  Occasionally it feels more like normal-dry but recently it's definitely been more on the dry side.  Either way I want to keep it as moisturised as possible.

I'd like some suggestions (not necessarily expensive) for a good day as well as night cream to use for my skin.  For years I've neglected skin care and just used a moisturiser by Simple that I like, but I don't feel actually moisturises my skin that much.  

I'm looking for a rich night cream that will really hydrate my skin especially because in the summer I sleep with an air conditioner above my bed.  As for a day cream I'd like something that is nourishing but does NOT leave the skin looking oily or shiny.  Ideally something which is quickly absorbed and 'dries up' if you know what I mean.

Sorry for all the detail but I don't want to waste my money on products I don't like! Thanks for any suggestions :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For Day: I love Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer. I use it year round and it is moisturizing, has SPF and doesn't feel heavy. It also comes in pretty large sizes that last forever. (I've had the small size for over a year).

For Night: At night I like to go a little heavier. Cetaphil's Restoraderm Skin Restoring Moisturizer is amazing. I'm honestly not entirely sure if it's meant for face or body but I use it every night on my face (especially in winter) and wake up feeling like my skin has just left the spa. Same thing as the Kiehls...a little goes a long long way with this stuff. 

(deleted link per [SIZE=medium]Terms of Service[/SIZE])

The richest night cream I've ever used was Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Night Emulsion and Shiseido The Skincare Night Mositure Recharge - Enriched.

For Day Cream... shiseido white lucent brightening protective emulsion spf 15. 

I know these are a little pricey but I've always invested in skincare and every time I use drugstore brand, I've always get an irritation. Not sure why, maybe i'm picking the wrong one. 

I have super sensitive skin. 

You can always ask for a sample from sephora if you have one in your area before buying. 

I really like Cetaphil Restoraderm moisturizer. I would definitely consider it a night cream since it may be a little too rich for during the day but it's amazing. My skin felt different after just using it for a few nights and it didn't upset my sensitive skin. 

For during the day, I like Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer. It's gentle and moisturizing but not going to cause an unpleasant "melting" feeling. When my skin is extra dry, I use it under Nars Tinted Moisturizer which has SPF and a ton of moisture so my face doesn't dry out throughout the day.

http://kkaboodle.com

Have you tried using Oil Cleansing Method in the evening? It leaves your face quite clean and very soft without being oily. You can search "oil cleansing method" in the search bar up top and find quite a few threads about it, how to do it and the outcome of many users.

Latest posts

Back