Days 50-100 of 100 Day No Buy Challenge

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 100 Day No Buy that began on January 1, 2015 ends three weeks from Friday. When I began, I set a goal of paying off a $100 department store card, an average of $10 every ten days. 

Yesterday I realized that I have cleared $866 of debt since I began this challenge. This is $866 of extra payments to pay debts off, and does not even include the amount my credit balances have gone down from not using them while making the required payments. I realized that if I pay off my deferred interest Fifty Shades of Grey makeup kit (bought on eBay way over retail when it was Rouge Exclusive at Sephora) in the next three weeks, I will end with $1000 of debt cleared for the 100 day no buy, an average of $100 every ten days! This is way better than I thought I could do. I did have the good fortune to be given extra hours at work since January. I have been working hard, and the extra hours have helped. Also part of the $866 was $300 in credit for returns, but it was a sacrifice - I loved the items and did not want to return them. 

Also I have 16 items left to use to make my goal of 100 empties in 100 days, an average of one empty a day. I did this by mainly using my foil samples during this challenge. I'll have three foils going at a time (i.e., a face cream, a body cream, a foundation, etc.) and I get an average of three uses from each foil. I have used some deluxe samples up too, but no full size. 

Just trying to finish off the last little bit of the challenge. Waiting to get my wages so I can make the $144 payment I need to do to complete $1000 extra debt payoff. I will be able to do that Monday or Tuesday, I hope. 

I need to finish five more deluxe samples for the 100 empties challenge. Working on a Shiseido cleansing cream - it is to the stage where I am ready to cut the tube and dig out that last product. I am finishing the mascara I opened in January at the beginning of the challenge - it is a tube sample and is to the stage where it is coming out thin and dry. Have one more use with my L'Occitane shampoo. Will maybe use up one more deluxe shampoo and another cleanser or moisturizer. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back