Depressed and unemployed

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol I want to model. Im not tall at all!  I have really long legs and arms but short torso.

sounds like me! lol

I applied for work today! yay. feeling more productive. <fingers crossed>

Originally Posted by westwardo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol I want to model. Im not tall at all!  I have really long legs and arms but short torso.

Good luck! I looked at your site. You are really talented! I work in social media, you should definitely take a look at marketing/social media and PR agencies too. Some of them have creative departments that need talent like yours. I am in the US and would recommend that you look at a company like Jess3 that works with a variety of brands.  Have you tried any temp agencies or anything?

thanks for the tip! i did some research and i'm in the process of contacting agencies and studios. whatever it takes!

Since starting this thread, I have so far contacted 7 places - I have about 20 more to go through. I really hope someone will respond.

I've had a good response rate a few months ago, but it's been awfully quiet right now.

Maybe people are taking vacations and the last thing they want to do is give me an informational interview. Blah.

I MUST KEEP GOING.
eusa_wall.gif

Originally Posted by exoticaveronica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Good luck! I looked at your site. You are really talented! I work in social media, you should definitely take a look at marketing/social media and PR agencies too. Some of them have creative departments that need talent like yours. I am in the US and would recommend that you look at a company like Jess3 that works with a variety of brands.  Have you tried any temp agencies or anything?

im going to turn 26 in october.. not looking forward to that..  How did you lose your job?

Why are you not looking forward to that? Birthdays can be a pain sometimes. 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I totally know what it's like...I've been unemployed since the beginning of the year.  Keep your chin up!  I recently reached out to a couple placement agencies.  I'm not sure if it will work out, but it makes me feel productive to know that I have people looking and not just me on the case.  GOOD LUCK! 

Originally Posted by musingmuse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

thanks for the tip! i did some research and i'm in the process of contacting agencies and studios. whatever it takes!

Since starting this thread, I have so far contacted 7 places - I have about 20 more to go through. I really hope someone will respond.

I've had a good response rate a few months ago, but it's been awfully quiet right now.

Maybe people are taking vacations and the last thing they want to do is give me an informational interview. Blah.

I MUST KEEP GOING.
eusa_wall.gif
Well it actually could be, it was my experience that the more senior members of my company took vacations around July or just in the summer in general because their kids were off and stuff. I'm sure things will pick up.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Sigh. I've been feeling awful lately. I've been laid off since end of March... I went through 3 interviews, but there's been no luck.

I've been feeling lazy and stagnant...

I've gratuated university in 2009, then I had hard time finding work and started as an intern. I interned for months...months...

think 10 months... it was paid, and then I got a full time position....overall I have 2 years experience.

My bf suggests I intern again, but I don't think I can mentally do it anymore. It makes me feel like garbage! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am a designer and I make printed matter... here is my portfolio.

I am a little bit shy and quiet and that doesn't help either... sigh.

really annoyed and want to CRY :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />((

Ever consider starting your own company on Etsy?

Yes, it's usually really slow in the summer. I have faith though. I can do it!

Originally Posted by janetgriselle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well it actually could be, it was my experience that the more senior members of my company took vacations around July or just in the summer in general because their kids were off and stuff. I'm sure things will pick up.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I could in the future! But right now I need a 'real' job in the agency - something that will satisfy my parents.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ever consider starting your own company on Etsy?

I am a designer and I make printed matter... here is my portfolio.

Nice work! The "you did it" sticker had me laughing for some reason, i guess i pictured police putting it on criminals.

We live in Tucson AZ. I hope to move as soon as he is done.
woah, small internet is small!

Back