Did any one try shopping on amazon for cosmetics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i never even knew that amazon sold beauty products until just recently.

i knew they were a big business that sold books but i never thought

cosmetics. Did anyone buy from there ?

I haven't but that's mainly because the products I purchase are usually in one area. For example, Sephora sells on Amazon but I just straight to Sephora instead. 

I haven't, mainly because it seems like a lot of the beauty products are from outside sellers, and I've heard of counterfeits comin' to people that way. 

I have. Just check who the sellers are. Some are legitimate salons and businesses selling through Amazon, and you can look up their info. I wouldn't buy cosmetics from a seller that wasn't a beauty business though.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have. Just check who the sellers are. Some are legitimate salons and businesses selling through Amazon, and you can look up their info. I wouldn't buy cosmetics from a seller that wasn't a beauty business though.
Yes, yes, yes! I have a friend who bought the Naked2 palette off of Amazon, and it's not legit. I don't remember who the seller was, but yeah, I don't think it was a legitimate salon or business that she got it from. 

I have ordered cosmetics on the UK website i couldn't get elsewhere, at least not without getting ripped off because of enormous shipping&handling fees. I also usually buy books on amazon, once i ordered hiking shoes, but it's okay to me. Just like it was pointed out, you have to check if the seller isn't just a store selling through Amazon, because then you might just as well order from their website, but i like ordering through amazon. It's a pretty secure website, to me at least. Like the tax on books has upped recently in my country so they warn me of the price change on the books i selected and put aside. Other stores just let you know the tax has upped but don't bother explaining why the pricetag is different once you pay for your book.

I have ordered quite a bit of makeup off Amazon. I got my brush set and a few coastal scents things from there. We have Amazon Prime, so it ended up being cheaper than buying direct. Definitely be careful, a lot of counterfeiters roaming around. If it sounds to good to be true, it is. 

I've ordered quite a few makeup items from them, haven't been ripped off yet. I mostly go there looking for deals (like a discount on getsomething because the packaging is beat up) or to find things that aren't available in stores anymore. I've purchased a few discontinued Urban Decay pigments and cream shadows on the cheap, and I found a BOS II on there for cheap. So far, no knock-offs or fakes. 

If you stick with the certified sellers with a lot of feedback, you'll be fine. Amazon helps you get a return/exchange or refund if someone sends you a fake, sends the wrong item and won't correct the situation themselves. Plus, if you use Paypal, you can issue a chargeback to get a refund.

Seriously, give it a try. Almost all of my online purchases are through Amazon or eBay.

thankyou so much i will try them , its just that i wasnt to sure if the makeup would be good quality or they would rip me off or something. I was also offered to sell cosmetics through amazon i wasnt sure if people would buy it just because it was connected to amazon

apparently amazon has a bunch of fakes--because much it not all of their makeup and skincare seem to be sold by other companies. I just posted in another forum about some high-end $200 skincare products being sold for $30--with prime shipping too. I tried to buy a Canon camera battery recently--for the regular $40 price--and almost all the posts said it was fake. amazon really doesn't seem too concerned.

I'd use amazon for indie brands that directly sell their products on there, but not for in-demand brands that already have fakes on ebay.

Amazon is turning into ebay with all the third party sellers etc. There are some really good reputable sellers on Amazon, just do your research and trust your judgement. If its too good to be true, it probably is!

Originally Posted by hjc682 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Amazon is turning into ebay with all the third party sellers etc. There are some really good reputable sellers on Amazon, just do your research and trust your judgement. If its too good to be true, it probably is!
I have to agree. I buy only if the item is fulfilled by Amazon since it decreases the chance it's counterfeit. Certain items I will not buy on Amazon PERIOD such as MAC since it's all counterfeit.

I have bought makeup/perfume from Amazon over the past few years and agree,most definitely only buy from reputable buyers. I do have to say though that I haven't received any bad stuff at all. I was after the NYX big eyeshadow cream sticks and after some research I went with the Bundle Monster Pro 12 color eyeshadow/liner set. I love them and there were twelve for I think around 18.00. I split them with my step daughter and we both liked them. They were creamy, soft to apply and the blendable quality was excellent. I'm 45 and have been dealing with fine lines around my eyes and the ( cream sticks) didn't settle into those lines. Application and the willingness to do my best to work with the product is also a major factor. Just be sure that what you buy is what you are going to get and you should be fine. I also read all the reviews both on Amazon and Online ( Google ect..) to make sure I'm getting a broad spectrum of reviews. If it's positive all around then I go with it.I never buy the high end makeups because many of them are not what you actually get. HTH.. Gem

I've bought a ton of products from amazon and the majority actually come from Sephora. I prefer to go through Amazon just because I have a rewards credit card from them and get triple points. I've also been able to find large sizes of my favorite shampoos at cheaper prices.

I buy from Amazon all the time, I especially love the Subscribe & Save option, which means free shipping. My last purchase was Maybelline's Age Rewind Dark Circle Concealer. They have some very good deals on bath & body products. I haven't had anything go AWOL. About the worst that has happened is that I got one Revlon concealer that is close to the sell by date. It was only $2-something, and I'll keep using it anyway, because I won't throw makeup away as long as it isn't rancid.

Be careful. I have a Dinair Airbrush machine so I ordered a Temptu foundation set assuming it would work well. Well it was definitely counterfeit and almost costed me a new airbrush because of clogging.  Let's just say the makeup never hit my face. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have bought off amazon before but I will only purchase if it is fulfilled by Amazon or the specific creator of the item I am looking for. If I want to buy Revlon I only do it when coming directly from Revlon or Amazon. Not to say there are not good third party resellers but you always have the possibility of getting fakes when you buy out of Billy Joe Jim Bob's basement stash.

In reply to your comment about all MAC being counterfeit on Amazon and some other sites, that simply is not true.  That is a gross exaggeration.  Yes, there will be some scammers out there on both ends, buyers and sellers alike, but to lump all the sellers as scammers selling counterfeit, just isn't right.  I have bought plenty of MAC products on eBay.  Nothing was counterfeit.

If a deal seems to be to good, it probably is.  Do your homework (learning how to read MAC batch codes) and learn about the product you're looking to purchase.  If you go into a site with a little bit of knowledge under your belt, you're way ahead of the game!

You just have to be careful...like everyone else is saying. Look up the seller, read their reviews, etc. I once bought a two pack of clarisonic deep pore brush heads from a seller that seemed to have a decent reputation, but after 1 week of using one of the brush heads, it was ruined when I washed it with soap and water! (Which is what Clarisonic tells you to do weekly), so I took it in to Ulta, showed it to them and they told me it was a fake! I purchased the real Clarisonic deep pore brush heads and there is SUCH a huge difference....definitely got swindled :-/ So unless you're ABSOLUTELY sure about the seller, I'd say not to do it.

Well I received my WEN styling cream today that I purchased from Amazon and it was clearly a counterfit. Luckily I have purchased from the actual WEN website so I knew it wasn't legit. The smell and consistency was different. And the labels were clearly fake! I emailed Amazon right away and they are going to refund my money. I'm so angry. This seller has over 3,000 reviews and sells a lot of WEN products and I thought it would be ok but I was clearly wrong. I wish Amazon could do something about this seller but I don't think they will. I just feel bad for all the people that have never tried the actual product and have no idea it's a fake. I just feel so stupid! I should have looked into it more. Now after the fact I've seen posts online about the fake WEN products being sold on Amazon and EBay. I've learned my lesson! The seller is Amor Barato. Sent from my iPhone Begin forwarded message: From: "Amazon.com Customer Service" Date: April 19, 2013, 4:08:52 PM PDT To: "[email protected]" Your Account Amazon.com Message From Customer Service Hello, I'm sorry to hear the "WEN® Sweet Almond Mint Styling Creme" you ordered didn't meet your expectations.This usually doesn't happen. I'd normally create replacement order in such cases however, I've checked your order and see it was placed with Amor Barato.a seller on our website. Because Amor Barato's inventory is constantly changing, we can't replace items sold by them that are Fulfilled by Amazon. To make this right for you, I've requested a complete refund of $24.43 for the item to your Visa Card. Once processed, you'll be able to see the refund request here: www.amazon.com To return the item, please click the following link to print your return mailing label: https://www.amazon.com If clicking on the link doesn't work, try copying and pasting it into your browser's address window. When you return the item, follow the instructions listed on the mailing label page. If you don't have a printer, write back by going to the URL below: http://www.amazon.com If you still want the item, please place a new order with One-Day Shipping and let us know the order number using the link given below. We'll waive off or refund the shipping charges from that order.I've provided the current listing for this item below: www.amazon.com/ Please make sure that the item is either "Sold and Shipped by Amazon.com" or labeled as "Fulfilled by Amazon.com. In addition to our large selection, one of the benefits we try very hard to offer our customers is convenience. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced in this case. We look forward to seeing you again. Best regards, Nitin K Did I solve your problem? Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company. Thank you. Amazon.com Original Message --------------- ---------------

Latest posts

Back