different brands of Argan Oil

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
so, I really like the Josie Maran Argan Oil that I got in my Ipsy bag, and I've managed to use about half the bottle! and I can't really swing $50 for 1.7 oz of oil... and I was looking on Amazon and found another brand of cold pressed virgin argan oil, its certified organic and 2 oz is $20

http://www.amazon.com/Certified-Organic-100%25-Argan-Oil/dp/B004S2G4FG/ref=sr_1_4?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1359049815&sr=1-4&keywords=Certified+Organic+100%25+Pure+Argan+Oil

thats the link, I was wondering what you guys thought about it and if you think it will work as well as the Josie Maran or if you had any other brand suggestions for Argan oil that would work the same.

It does have great reviews on amazon so it's probably a good product. Let us know if you try it and review it for us!

I have this bottle. Bought it last year in March? I've been using it inconsistently, so I can't say it's amazing. Decently priced, though, and is Trade Certified Organic and all that. I use it like the JM oil, or put in on my cuticles and ends of my hair..definitely moisturizing.

I have been using Shea Terra Organics argan oil for a couple of months and I'm really happy with it...it's about half the price of the Josie and for me, performs just as well. You can get it from  Shea Terra's site or Amazon.

I use [SIZE=11pt]pro naturals moroccan argan oil which is very good too, it helps me to reduces the frizz and leaves my hair soft, shiny and pretty :3 I love it !! if you are interested you can check it out at safrons. com :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />[/SIZE]

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have been using Shea Terra Organics argan oil for a couple of months and I'm really happy with it...it's about half the price of the Josie and for me, performs just as well. You can get it from  Shea Terra's site or Amazon.
Originally Posted by Monique Brown /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I use pro naturals moroccan argan oil which is very good too, it helps me to reduces the frizz and leaves my hair soft, shiny and pretty :3 I love it !! if you are interested you can check it out at safrons. com :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
mainly what I'm worried about is that I use this stuff on my face, and its actually HELPED my breakouts... 0.0 do you guys use them on your faces?

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have this bottle. Bought it last year in March? I've been using it inconsistently, so I can't say it's amazing. Decently priced, though, and is Trade Certified Organic and all that.

I use it like the JM oil, or put in on my cuticles and ends of my hair..definitely moisturizing.
I noticed that alot of people said it smelled bad. does it smell off-putting to you?

I noticed that alot of people said it smelled bad. does it smell off-putting to you?
It's not aromatic or scented with perfume like a lot of products, but I don't think it smells bad at all. Maybe earthy? It absorbs well and whatever scent there is isn't noticeable after application. It's decently priced and you get a good amount for your money, so if you try and don't like, it's a small investment.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's not aromatic or scented with perfume like a lot of products, but I don't think it smells bad at all. Maybe earthy? It absorbs well and whatever scent there is isn't noticeable after application. It's decently priced and you get a good amount for your money, so if you try and don't like, it's a small investment.
I've got to order more caffeine pills anyway, I guess it won't hurt! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If you want truly PURE argan oil, get it online from New Directions Aromatics. There simply is no reason to pay that kind of money for any kind of oil. You're paying for nothing but the brand name. This particular company also has a great deal more than argan oil. That's where I get all my hydrosols, facial cleansing oils, essential oils, cleansing cream in bulk - spectacular stuff, packaging etc. Their prices & customer service are both the best I've found for these types of products.

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by Monique Brown /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I use pro naturals moroccan argan oil which is very good too, it helps me to reduces the frizz and leaves my hair soft, shiny and pretty :3 I love it !! if you are interested you can check it out at safrons. com :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
mainly what I'm worried about is that I use this stuff on my face, and its actually HELPED my breakouts... 0.0 do you guys use them on your faces?

My face is the only place I use it!

It is pure argan oil just like the Josie. And Shea Terra is a brand I trust, I use quite a few of their products.

thanks for all the suggestions, guys! I ordered the one off amazon yesterday and it shipped an hour later! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I only ordered the 1 oz cuz I didn't wanna waste it if I ended up not liking it. i should be here by the 4th at the latest. I'll let you guys know how I like it!!!

For anyone still interested, Groupon has Pura D'or Argan Oil for $19 for 4 oz.  My hubby brought this brand from Amazon last week to replace using my Josie Maran..I've been happy with it!

Latest posts

Back