Dior Skin Forever Foundation?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny that you say that because I have been looking at both those two. One problem though...I found Mufe liquid foundation in honey beige, but they dont have that color in powder! I usually like to buy both and use the powder as a setter, but how can I if they dont have the same color? Can you recommend using a mufe powder that goes well with honey beige? And is Mufe better than Chanel? Which do you prefer? Thanks so much for your feedback

Z

I'm not sure about the powder...if you go to Sephora, you can swatch the powder over the foundation and find one that matches. Or you could try the CHANEL Poudre Christaline Powder; it's completely transparent and matches your foundation perfectly. I love this powder because most trans powders have a lot of yellow in them it's hard for me to find one that matches my skin tone.

Personally, I prefer CHANEL's Mat Lumiere to MUFE Matte Velvet because it has more coverage, a lighter feel, and gives a more luminous, glowly effect to my skin. Having said that, it costs almost twice as much as the MUFE Matte Velvet. I tend to use MUFE as my running around/lazy day makeup (i.e. when I'm running errands, going to the gym, etc.).

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I was actually going to get the MUfe, and was ready to pay over 30 dollars just for shipping! I live in Switzerland, and we don't have Sephora here, or any other chains that carry that brand. We DO however have a Chanel store and various counters in select make up stores. I personally prefer something that can give me coverage, but also something that will control the shiny t-zone, or not make it worse anyway. I want a foundation that can cover up circles, or that "tired skin" that we get sometimes throughout the work week. I don't mind if it doesn't last all day, but I want it to give me good coverage, while still feeling natural. Of all these, would you definitely say Chanel is the best?

The CHANEL Mat Lumiere is definately the best! Like I said before, it's got great coverage, a beautiful luminous finish, it's mattes your natural oil (which keeps you from being shiny AND extends the life of the makeup), moisturiziers your skin with animal fats (which are very different from oils...and trust me even oily skin types need moisture...that's what keeps your skin healthy and soft), does not clog pores or cause breakouts, and lasts for twelve hours (I not sure if I've worn it that long but I usually put my makeup on a 6:30AM and when I get home from work at 9:00PM it still looks good). I definately recommend this product! Every time I wear it, people compliment me on my "flawless, porcelain skin." And trust me...my skin is no where near flawless. Plus, if you have a CHANEL counter near you, they can find your shade and give you a week's sample. That why you can try it for several days and make sure you like it before paying for a full bottle.

You are GREAT. Thanks again for your feedback and lengthy descriptions.. I will let you know what happens.
smile.gif

Back