Disappointed with Stila Lip Glaze

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, so i gave in and opened my gift of glaze set. (i was going to send it back, but i was just too curious.)

There are six shades/flavors in the set, and they are: grapefruit, apricot, vanilla, brown sugar, nutmeg spice, and candy cane.

I started with the apricot, and there was no smell to it or flavor. I thought to myself "great, i just should've sent these back." I was very disappointed. It didn't smell rancid however.

I tried vanilla next, smelled very good. Just like vanilla. Now does the scent smell as good as the lipsmackers vanilla frosting. Not even close, but it was still a very good vanilla smell. I was pleased. I licked my lips, and I got a slight taste of the flavor, but I think it was mostly the smell that made me "taste" the flavor so to speak. It didn't taste good or bad, but after trying all of the glosses in the set, I realized they all smell good.... but they really aren't "tasty, lick your lips... i want to eat it kind of glosses". They weren't rancid tasting though.

Brown sugar, peppermint, vanilla, nutmeg spice, and grapefruit had great scents. I LOVE the nutmeg, and grapefruit.

Apricot was yucky, and I didn't even like the shade on my lips.

All in all I am thrilled i bought these. I love the finish/consistency of these glosses. Gorgeous gloss lips, with pretty shades, not sticky, smells good... yeah the taste wasn't really there, but I can overlook that considering the glosses smelled and look SO PRETTY on my lips.

Sheikah...I think you definitely got and old or bad batch. Oh, and like I said they don't have that lip smacker... extremely yummy taste... but it wasn't bad either.

Sorry for my long review.

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Okay, so i gave in and opened my gift of glaze set. (i was going to send it back, but i was just too curious.)
There are six shades/flavors in the set, and they are: grapefruit, apricot, vanilla, brown sugar, nutmeg spice, and candy cane.

I started with the apricot, and there was no smell to it or flavor. I thought to myself "great, i just should've sent these back." I was very disappointed. It didn't smell rancid however.

I tried vanilla next, smelled very good. Just like vanilla. Now does the scent smell as good as the lipsmackers vanilla frosting. Not even close, but it was still a very good vanilla smell. I was pleased. I licked my lips, and I got a slight taste of the flavor, but I think it was mostly the smell that made me "taste" the flavor so to speak. It didn't taste good or bad, but after trying all of the glosses in the set, I realized they all smell good.... but they really aren't "tasty, lick your lips... i want to eat it kind of glosses". They weren't rancid tasting though.

Brown sugar, peppermint, vanilla, nutmeg spice, and grapefruit had great scents. I LOVE the nutmeg, and grapefruit.

Apricot was yucky, and I didn't even like the shade on my lips.

All in all I am thrilled i bought these. I love the finish/consistency of these glosses. Gorgeous gloss lips, with pretty shades, not sticky, smells good... yeah the taste wasn't really there, but I can overlook that considering the glosses smelled and look SO PRETTY on my lips.

Sheikah...I think you definitely got and old or bad batch. Oh, and like I said they don't have that lip smacker... extremely yummy taste... but it wasn't bad either.

Sorry for my long review.

Thank you very much for your review! I think I got bad ones also... but good news!! They said they were going to refund me and I could keep the glosses. I have to check and make sure they refunded the credit card.Very good customer service I must say!

I will order again, just not lip glosses. More like blush or powder makeup.

Back