(Discussion) Bondi New York subscription refund/issues

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The hilarious thing is that they really think they're slick when, in reality, they are as transparent as glass. Obvious trolls are obvious. LOL
No kidding.  They call their FB page "Bondi New York fans" with the little wink icon.  Wonder what brain trust thought that up?  They'll fuss and fuss and eventually burn themselves out, then go on to find something else to rag on.

Quote: Originally Posted by TheSilverNail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  No kidding.  They call their FB page "Bondi New York fans" with the little wink icon.  Wonder what brain trust thought that up?  They'll fuss and fuss and eventually burn themselves out, then go on to find something else to rag on.

Actually, not only that winked icon. There was a cover photo of the group. It showed a shattered "Horny Mistress" polish and the watermark of "@" on top of it.

Someone commented on Bondi's facebook now that they don't believe our 5 star reviews are real.......oh my. Apparently there has been a slew of fake bad reviews (without people even trying the products) and Bondi has had to filter through them before they can allow them to see if the people actually purchased the product. They just explained that to the commenter and even offered to send a polish of the person's choice to them to try out! WHY are people being so difficult!? I even replied to the person to let them know that my review was 100% real and I'm not a Bondi employee!

The hilarious thing is that they really think they're slick when, in reality, they are as transparent as glass. Obvious trolls are obvious. LOL

Their departure would likely be hastened if Bondi would stop referring to them in replies. Bondi needs to carry on as if nothing ever happened. That includes allowing them to post their negative reviews. There are only 32 people in that group and not all of them are actively participating. The good reviews will always greatly outweigh the bad and I think most people are smart enough to catch on when someone starts a neg campaign. The attention is making them think they are more important than they actually are. As soon as they aren't getting the attention they so desperately want, they will move on to something else.

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Someone commented on Bondi's facebook now that they don't believe our 5 star reviews are real.......oh my. Apparently there has been a slew of fake bad reviews (without people even trying the products) and Bondi has had to filter through them before they can allow them to see if the people actually purchased the product. They just explained that to the commenter and even offered to send a polish of the person's choice to them to try out! WHY are people being so difficult!? I even replied to the person to let them know that my review was 100% real and I'm not a Bondi employee!

Oh yes! I saw that, too! I wonder if Richard take down FB accusers' names and screen it thru in their customer database to see if they were 'actual' customers of sub box service or not. 

LOLOLOLOL oh my lord. These people... It's nail polish! I bet they're the ones who freak the hell out when they get cartjacked during an Enchanted restock. I knew the nail polish community had drama, but I didn't realize how petty they could be over a sub being a month late (WITH compensation!)

We don't have a lot of subs in Canada, and recently a lot of people got "Glymmed" and "Glossied," but still. They need to calm their knickers. Got a refund? Good. Go along your merry way. Sh*t happens, and it's not like Richard & co skipped off with their money, unlike Glymm. They're welcome to be as angry as they want, but spamming fb and getting their friends to do it is crossing the line.

I love the name "Hot Tomato"! I have three red/orange polishes but I'll probably select it anyway because I love that combination.

She is being "difficult" on purpose because she's in that group. She has an entire thread recapping her posts to the Bondi page in the Haterade group. She seems very proud of herself. How sad that trolling on Facebook gives her a sense of accomplishment. How empty her life must be. 
sadyes.gif

They truly believe that Bondi left the reviews for themselves and they are stunned that they are actually getting refunds. A few still think they won't ever see their money despite Paypal telling them it's pending. The Kool-Aid is strong with this bunch, I tell ya! 
icon_rolleyes.gif

Eh, they're probably reading these MUT posts as well.  I'm going to quit giving them the time of day and will instead think about all the lovely Bondi polishes coming my way in October!  :-D

Eh, they're probably reading these MUT posts as well.  I'm going to quit giving them the time of day and will instead think about all the lovely Bondi polishes coming my way in October!  :-D
Agreed!  As entertaining as it has been, we should probably stop feeding the trolls!

I totally agree.  It will end when Bondi stops engaging.  Like I said, I understand a small company taking things personally.  I completely understand wanting to defend yourself from jerk offs with no lives.  I appreciate the humour and good karma in the "here, have a free bottle of polish" thing...I am seriously entertained by that btw... but if you want the crap to be over, stop engaging. 

How many customers do you have?  How many are happy?  Apparently only 32 are batshit crazy...why are they getting so much attention?  People hate being ignored and won't stick around very long if they are.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Their departure would likely be hastened if Bondi would stop referring to them in replies. Bondi needs to carry on as if nothing ever happened. That includes allowing them to post their negative reviews. There are only 32 people in that group and not all of them are actively participating. The good reviews will always greatly outweigh the bad and I think most people are smart enough to catch on when someone starts a neg campaign. The attention is making them think they are more important than they actually are. As soon as they aren't getting the attention they so desperately want, they will move on to something else.

I just read the FB thread.  So painfully transparently a troll, and quite funny too.  However, it's made me think of some new polish names for ya, Richard:

-- Favorite Hallucination

-- You're the Scam

-- Peachy Goddess (may be trademarked)

-- Shame On You

HAHAHAHAHHA I just fell on the floor.

Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Loving the last one! You inspired me to think about a couple names, too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Bondi should develop an iconic signature color, called Bondi Girl (kinda like everyone knows Stila Kitten, Nars Orgasm or MAC Russian Red). How cool would that be?

Also, if they have an unnamed dark green, like a hunter green, I can totally see it being called Troll Patrol 
rofl2.gif

Love "Bondi Girl" !!

I just read the FB thread.  So painfully transparently a troll, and quite funny too.  However, it's made me think of some new polish names for ya, Richard: -- Favorite Hallucination -- You're the Scam -- Peachy Goddess (may be trademarked) -- Shame On You
Paid Fans ;D
Loving the last one! You inspired me to think about a couple names, too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Bondi should develop an iconic signature color, called Bondi Girl (kinda like everyone knows Stila Kitten, Nars Orgasm or MAC Russian Red). How cool would that be? Also, if they have an unnamed dark green, like a hunter green, I can totally see it being called Troll Patrol :rofl2:  
I love those names!

I just read the FB thread.  So painfully transparently a troll, and quite funny too.  However, it's made me think of some new polish names for ya, Richard: -- Favorite Hallucination -- You're the Scam -- Peachy Goddess (may be trademarked) -- Shame On You
So. Very. Awesome!

Quote: Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did one yesterday for practice: geometric lines using a nail art brush. It's not perfect but looks good. I kinda don't wanna post that on Bondi's FB page bec the lines are *ahem* not so perfect. The thumb is perfect but as I went on next nail; I started getting a little impatient trying to finish so the pinkie is a little sloppy and thicker lines. Maybe bec my pinkie has smaller nail bed that I shouldn't press too hard with the brush or switch to a smaller size of brush. 😕

Quote: Originally Posted by Scooby Dynamite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Everyone go post mani and polish collection pics on the bondi wall! Lets band together and flush out the trolls wooooooo!

Done! Posted my mani from the Flower day submission, it's one of my favorites :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I love all the pretty nails you girls have posted, and Lexxie there's noway anybody could tell you're a beginner, your manicure looks amazing! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love to see how everyone thinks that girl was Canadian but she was not. I've seen her on Julep swap group last year. So don't assume that all the trolling is Canadians.

I love to see how everyone thinks that girl was Canadian but she was not. I've seen her on Julep swap group last year. So don't assume that all the trolling is Canadians.
A troll is a troll, no matter the country. You must know her personally?

Huh? I don't recall anyone even saying that she's Canadian???? Only guessing that she may because almost all of her friends are. What does that matter though? She was quite rude, making false claims and hating on some of us. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Sam Clysdale /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm in the Julep Swap group and she is not, nor has she ever posted in it.....but maybe she was using her stage name.....
moon.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by beach16sm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Thank you awesome ladies and equally awesome Richard.......... for making me feel SO darn special!!! I "be" lovin' my Bondi family, lol ;-)   also thank you for all the quick recovery and well wishes for my son.  His accident was caused when he swerved his bike to avoid another student who stepped out in front of him, this in turn caused the bike chain to come loose and wrap around his leg and well, you can picture the rest..... Frankly, we've decided that this whole family should just stay away from any type of bikes even motorcycles. Last Wednesday (my son's accident was on a Wednesday also), we got the call that my husband's brother who lives up North had been in a wreck earlier that morning on his way to work. He was following a bit too close so when the truck in front of him stopped suddenly, he was thrown off of his motorcycle, breaking both arms with one of the arms being broken in multiple places, a broken leg and shattered knee cap. As soon as his surgeries are complete, he will have to live in a place for physical therapy for between 2 to 3 months. I didn't know that they had places to live in like that but it's probably because he doesn't have anyone to help him as much as he's going to need it. Doesn't seem like it but in so many ways, we're truly blessed........ With my son, some wonderful staff members stayed with him until he was transported to the hospital since we're about an hour and half driving time away. When we got there, he was almost ready to be discharged to come back home with us. With my brother-in-law.... we're lucky he's alive, the silly man wasn't wearing a helmet which shocks me because he's usually a very smart person but all common sense flew out the window that day!  Anyways, again thank you for making me feel welcome here while I'm in transition and able to start collecting my colors again! As I'm seeing.. there is some major league yummy eye candy in the form of new colors becoming available............
Hey beach16sm! Angi here .... I had a spinal fusion about 4 years ago and had titanium rods and screws inserted in my lower disks. I was in the hospital for 9 days, heavilly doped up and diabetes was very insistent on skyrocketing my numbers ... I don't even remember the ride home when I was finally released ... I come home to the hospital bed that I had been in for six months before surgery.... completely incapable of evening turning over, much less basic things like bathroom usage, feeding, etc. After less than 24 hours, my husband called the insurance company and they sent out a representative from the nursing home. In our area, a lot of the nursing homes also double as physical therapy centers and you can live there while receiving your therapy. They kept me there for 5 weeks and it helped so much! It's not always the perfect solution, but it can be the right choice for short-term care. They got me on my feet and walking again ... but boy was I ready to come home when I did! Most people are scared or don't like the idea of a nursing home. Just wanted to point out that they are for more than just old people LOL! I read over my posts earlier and the sentence about my son just tore a ligament ... that should have said ONLY tore a ligament. That was when he was 15 and he will be 22 on Saturday. And I meant that I couldn't imagine the pain YOUR son must be in! Just warn him about how easy it is to become addicted to pain meds ... it took me a long time to turn loose of them after my surgery.

Get this....those facepalm-worthy, passive-aggressive comments you were reading....yeah, she's a member of a "I hate Bondi" group....she knows exactly what she's doing with those comments, she's just trying to stir up trouble. It's such a shame, really, I mean Bondi is doing everything they can to make things right, but nothing seems to satisfy. This is JUST nail polish, NOT the end of the...oh for heavens sake, you know what I'm saying LOL

Unfreaking believable!

Quote: Originally Posted by Scooby Dynamite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  You must be joking....an I Hate Bondi Facebook Group? Some people really need to unplug the PC and focus on making some changes in their shitty lives instead of creating 'hate' groups on a social media website...and all over a few bottles of polish that are running a bit late. 

Seriously.

That's what I thought, Scooby!

Quote: Originally Posted by Andi B /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I REALLY hope he includes a bottle of "That Sh*t Cray"!!!
laughno.gif

RICHARD, you might want to order some extra stock of that beautiful brown for us to give as gifts when occasions arise! What's going on right now on FB - well, That Sh*t Cray! And it probably won't be the last time there's a disagreement online. People say and do such mean things now that they don't have to look at a person eye-to-eye....

I have 2 Facebook pages. One is all people I know in "real life", the other is a mix of friends and total strangers that I added for games I used to play. I prefer the one with all of the strangers because it's less drama filled and, frankly, they're more interesting. lol

Miss Trix, I've been thinking of making another FB account l- one for all the nail and beauty and hair sites that I get updates from and another just for family and friends. But I just really hate the idea of having to sign in to my email and facebook account every time I use it. Is there another way that I don't know about?

Quote: Originally Posted by bondinewyork /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Angi, we eased you in with Horny Mistress. Some of the suggestions I've been getting on email make me blush and that is VERY hard LOL

For Horny Mistress, I decided to go with the definition of what comes between and man and his mattress ... The sexual connotations I don't mind .... I could probably come up with some pretty raunchy ones myself! ... I bet it's fun when you all have a staff meeting and start brainstorming for the perfect name ... I would like to be a fly on the wall there .... I'm sure whatever name you end up with for the red will be perfect!

Back