(Discussion) Bondi New York subscription refund/issues

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just notice last week on my credit card that money was missing from my credit card. Like 20 for the past 5 months with the total of 200 dollars. My bank called yesterday. It would seem that Bondi New York has been helping themselves to my money.

So I cancel my credit card.

I just notice last week on my credit card that money was missing from my credit card. Like 20 for the past 5 months with the total of 200 dollars. My bank called yesterday. It would seem that Bondi New York has been helping themselves to my money.

Please tell me that your bank is working with you to recover ALL of that money since Bondi hasn't had a subscription service since last September.

Sam, how did they slip it by you? Did they use a different name or something?

Oy.  I've been MIA for a couple of months what with grandbaby babysitting, gardening and generally being too busy for a person of my advanced years.  Then I come back to a new and improved forum where I no longer see any of the threads I used to regularly comment on and I'm totally lost.

Anyway, Bondi still exists?  I'm actually kind of stunned by that.  Tricky Dick never seems to run out of new tricks...does he?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oy.  I've been MIA for a couple of months what with grandbaby babysitting, gardening and generally being too busy for a person of my advanced years.  Then I come back to a new and improved forum where I no longer see any of the threads I used to regularly comment on and I'm totally lost.

Anyway, Bondi still exists?  I'm actually kind of stunned by that.  Tricky Dick never seems to run out of new tricks...does he?
I don't think they really still exist. There was a bit of a kerfuffle a few months ago where they were promoting some PR stuff but then the site and all their social media went down.

Well, except obviously Richard probably still exists. 

Where are Richard Annington and James Eib?

Did they run back to the UK? There is no sign of him on the net. #BeatenMan He has taken everything down.

I would too if the Federal Government was going to start investigating me for Federal and International mail fraud.

However, it seems odd that someone can just disappear like that.

• Where are the filling lines he showed a video of (kidding)?
  • Where are the civil or criminal complaints?
  • How do you get your Twitter feed to show 48 tweets, but they are unreadable?
  • Beauty Gives Back, Inc (a pending 501 ©(3) Non Profit organization) has to file as a tax exempt charity this month. Odds of that happening are zero. #fraud
  • Where is spring/summer 13 or 14 (really kidding)?
What is the next scheme???? Let's stop it before it even starts!!

-AG

#FeedTheTrolls

Looks like ipsy offered Bondi New York in this months bag.

It was at the bottom of company card.

Angie, It did not show up on my bill. I didn't buy any thing with my credit card for the month of April and notice I was charge 20 dollars in my purchase. I said that is weird I didn't buy anything took it to my bank and they looked into it for me.

Well to be fair, it doesn't appear that Bondi did make it into any Ipsy bags and it's possible that the cards were made several months ago before Richard disappeared. Still, it's odd that instead of getting new cards made they sent those out. I did email Ipsy about it and gave them a brief synopsis on what happened and told them to essentially Google Richard's name if they wanted to find out everything about why I was warning them. I read the email replies and they thanked me for the information and that was it. No insight on to why Bondi was on the card and why no polishes were sent but to be fair I didn't ask and only gave them a heads up on the matter.

The thing with Ipsy was probably just them trying to unload leftover polish, which they gave to that charity foundation thing instead. We all know they haven't made any polish since...ever.

The thing with Ipsy was probably just them trying to unload leftover polish, which they gave to that charity foundation thing instead. We all know they haven't made any polish since...ever.
Totally agree.  Send some out in bags, then wait for the ipsy horde to buy the rest of the stock just sitting there, or even to just place orders and fork the money over, and then simply…  disappear.  I have a feeling that Bondi might have pulled another Dallas Shaw Glossybox on ipsy.  I also have a feeling that getting the cardstock reprinted may not have necessarily been so much a financial decision as much as a time constraint.  That stuff isn't a quick turnaround.  

Well to be fair, it doesn't appear that Bondi did make it into any Ipsy bags and it's possible that the cards were made several months ago before Richard disappeared. Still, it's odd that instead of getting new cards made they sent those out. I did email Ipsy about it and gave them a brief synopsis on what happened and told them to essentially Google Richard's name if they wanted to find out everything about why I was warning them. I read the email replies and they thanked me for the information and that was it. No insight on to why Bondi was on the card and why no polishes were sent but to be fair I didn't ask and only gave them a heads up on the matter.
Well it's not like MIchelle Phan or ipsy has any problems working with companies or embedding themselves in scandal. I'm wondering now if ipsy gets its samples free now like BB -- maybe ipsy thought they could outsmart Bondi and just get a bunch of free polish to distribute and that'd be the end of that. It's not like they expect most of their subscribers to be savvy enough to decide for themselves, anyway

Totally agree.  Send some out in bags, then wait for the ipsy horde to buy the rest of the stock just sitting there, or even to just place orders and fork the money over, and then simply…  disappear.  I have a feeling that Bondi might have pulled another Dallas Shaw Glossybox on ipsy.  I also have a feeling that getting the cardstock reprinted may not have necessarily been so much a financial decision as much as a time constraint.  That stuff isn't a quick turnaround.  
What happened with Dallas Shaw and Glossybox?

I certainly hope Ipsy drops Bondi like a hot tater. I was lucky to get an actual refund, but the whole thing still makes me mad.

What happened with Dallas Shaw and Glossybox?
Short version:  Bondi was supposed to be in a Dallas Shaw-curated Glossybox.  Shortly before the boxes were supposed to go out, something happened, and Bondi was out of the box, and they sent out Spa Ritual instead.  Richard claimed it was all Dallas Shaw's people's fault (Dallas Shaw, her people, and Glossybox stayed pretty much mum on the matter, which bothered me at the time, but in retrospect, I now realize that it was probably the best move possible on their parts).  Then Glossybox subscribers flocked to Bondi and ordered nail polish because THOSE NASTY LAWYERS ARE KEEPING US FROM PRETTY PRETTY NAIL POLISH!  WE'LL SHOW THEM!, and then Richard decided to start up a subscription.  And then we ended up here.  I think it took about nine months to go from the Glossybox fiasco to the meltdown that led to this thread.

ETA:  The "something" supposedly had something to do with Bondi wanting to sell polish with Dallas Shaw's signature in stores after the boxes were sent out, and her lawyers supposedly wouldn't sign off on that.  The thing is that this story was all coming from Richard, and considering how things ended up happening, I doubt the veracity of any part of this story other than maybe the fact that lawyers were involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back