(Discussion) Midsummer Swap 2014 survey brainstorming

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that, I was just thinking it would make it easier for you guys if we let you know if we have pets.  That way when you are doing the matching, you can check to see--and lots of us like to include treats for furry children too.  Fandom does not really interest me too much, but furry children do.  I think the nicest thing I have ever gotten is a treat for my little ones with a trade, but maybe that is just me. 
stupidme.gif

Wow, the questions are a great jumping off place!

I spent some time at lunch rearranging the list a bit to get some of the questions that seemed to "go" together together.  I eliminated a couple (the Harry Potter item and the question about eBooks), but otherwise, I think I've either exactly or in spirit picked up everything that was here. It still runs to 4 pages, so likely need to be pared down.  This just made it easier for me to think about it:

Basic background information:

[SIZE=small]1.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]In one word, describe the style of your:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]a.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Make-up[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]b.      [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Hair[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]c.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Nails[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]d.      [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Skincare (face/neck)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]e.      [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Bodycare (every where else)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]f.        [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Home[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]2.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Solve for “X†– I am wearing too much X, and I DO NOT CARE![/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]3.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]What designs/designers do you prefer (please limit to top 3)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]4.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Please list any subscription boxes you receive, along with anything you may covet from recent boxes.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]5.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]List any public wishlists (Amazon, etsy, Sephora), swap lists and/or Tumbler/Pinterest entries your fairy godparent should consult.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]6.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]IMPORTANT:  ALLERGIES!!  [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Please list any allergies to products, foods, scents, etc., that you or anyone living in your household has![/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]7.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]IMPORTANT: Dietary restrictions:  Do you or anyone in your household have any food-related restrictions/sensitivities, etc?  Would you prefer not[/SIZE][SIZE=small] to receive food items?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]8.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]IMPORTANT: Skin allergies/sensitivities:  Do you or anyone in your household have any skin allergies/sensitivities not already listed that your Fairy Godparent should know about (e.g., wool, metals in jewelry, etc)?  [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Do you avoid silicone, sulfates, etc?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]9.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Is your box all about you?  Or would you like to see things in your box for your significant other/spouse, kid(s), pet(s), whatever?  [/SIZE][SIZE=small]If the latter, please list age/gender/species.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]10.   [/SIZE][SIZE=small]If your fairy godparent curates an awesome set of items for you, would you rather they be wrapped individually, or be a huge smorgasbord that you can look at all at once?  [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Would you prefer to open each gift slowly and methodically or will it be ribbons and bows and paper flying as you tear into it?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]11.   [/SIZE][SIZE=small]It’s a sultry, sunny 90-degree summer day and you have no obligation to be anywhere in particular.  [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Where are you and what are you doing?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Let’s Get to Know You Better[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]1.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]You just won a $50 gift card to your favorite beauty store.  [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Which store is it, and what will you buy?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]2.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]What do you do in your spare time?  [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Are there any hobby-related items you would like? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]3.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Fandoms, favorite TV shows, movies, books, music, etc.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]4.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]What non-beauty item(s) would send you over the moon?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]5.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Pirates or ninjas?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]6.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Disney!  [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Favorite movie, hero, villain?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]7.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Zombies – silly superstition or coming for us any day now?  [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Discuss.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]8.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Cruelty-free designations on beauty items?  Are they a “must,†“nice to have†or “not that important†to you?  [/SIZE][SIZE=small]How about vegan items?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]9.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Describe three things decorating your living space.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]10.   [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Assuming they are separately packaged and clearly labeled, what are your feelings on “prepared by sender†beauty items?  Unsealed samples?  [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Items from the “bulk foods†section? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]11.   [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Assuming the same dollar amount is spent, would you prefer several mini items, or one or two full-sized items?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]And now, for the stuff we’re all here for …[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]1.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]What is your all-time favorite beauty item (brand/color specific) and why?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]2.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]What specific product(s) are you lusting after?  [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Be brand/color specific![/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]3.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]What make-up items do you use every day?  [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Again, be brand/color specific![/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]4.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]What are your “holy grail†items?  What are your “holy crap†items?  [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Yep – brand/color specific![/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]5.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]What one item/product (you guessed it, brand/color specific) are you interested in, but just haven’t gotten around to trying?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Products:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]1.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]What one product (not brand/color specific) can you just not get enough of?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]2.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]What one product (not brand/color specific) do you actually use more than any other?  [/SIZE][SIZE=small]What runs out quickest in your make-up drawer?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]3.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]What product(s) can you absolutely not use at all for reasons other than allergies/sensitivities listed in the background section  [/SIZE][SIZE=small](e.g., “I can’t use foot scrubbers because my feet are too ticklishâ€)?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]4.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]What items (makeup/skincare/tool) do you feel are missing from your routine?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]5.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]What tools/products are you looking to add, even if they are not “missingâ€?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]6.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]What beauty-related product(s) do you just not want to receive?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Brands:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]1.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]What brand do you have more products from than any other?  [/SIZE][SIZE=small]What’s the attraction of this brand?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]2.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]What brand(s) have you been wanting to try, but haven’t gotten around to?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]3.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]What brand(s) do you not want?  [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Please try to limit this response to 3/5 brands.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Colors:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]1.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Answer quick – favorite color?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]2.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Favorite color combination?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]3.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Color scheme of your home/room – either in reality or your imagination[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]4.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]What one color (not brand/product specific) do you use more than any other?  [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Why?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]5.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Color(s) to avoid?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Scents[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]1.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]What’s your favorite perfume/wearable scent of all time?  [/SIZE][SIZE=small]What’s your favorite perfume/wearable scent to wear in the summer?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]2.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]What is the fragrance of your favorite home scent (e.g., candle, diffuser)?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]3.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Describe your favorite scents/notes, without naming a specific perfume or fragrance.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]4.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Without naming a specific perfume or fragrance, what are your favorite perfume companies?  [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Favorite home scent companies?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]5.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]What form of perfume do you prefer (spray, open bottle, rollerball)?  [/SIZE][SIZE=small]What form of home scent do you prefer (candle, diffuser, air freshener, plug-in)?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]6.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Other than perfume/fragrance oils, what is your favorite type of toiletry/â€scenty†item?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]7.       [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Scent(s) to avoid?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]And finally, Yes/No – and, where indicated, what?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Home Items (and what types)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Food Items (and what types)[/SIZE]

Beverages (and what types)

[SIZE=small]Foils[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Deluxe Samples[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Hair Oil[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Face Oil[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Perfume[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Home Fragrance[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Sunblock/Sunscreen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Self-tanner/tanning wipes[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Hand-made items (from your godparent or purchased)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Virtual gifts (ecerts/gift certs/eBooks)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Candles[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Tarts[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Reed Diffusers[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Incense[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Local Items[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Mix CD[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Puzzle Books -- words, numbers, pictures[/SIZE]

Quote: Originally Posted by puppymomofthree /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I know that, I was just thinking it would make it easier for you guys if we let you know if we have pets.  That way when you are doing the matching, you can check to see--and lots of us like to include treats for furry children too.  Fandom does not really interest me too much, but furry children do.  I think the nicest thing I have ever gotten is a treat for my little ones with a trade, but maybe that is just me. 
stupidme.gif

Great list of question so far. I agree with @puppymomofthree I always like getting extras for my cat.

Quote: Originally Posted by puppymomofthree /img/forum/go_quote.gif
stupidme.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Great list of question so far. I agree with @puppymomofthree I always like getting extras for my cat.
I agree.  I think I mentioned in my wish list that I had 2 dogs.  And I thought it was awesome my SS sent my dogs some presents.  They love them and play with them to this day.  I wish I would have known if my SS had pets because I would have loved to include some presents for their animal (as extras not part of their gift!) because I am that crazy dog lady.  But I do not have cats so I would love to shop for them!  It's a whole new world!

i like @jennm149 's reorganization of the list. i took at look at it as a "brain break" after working on stuff for school.. I'm kinda torn. I love surveys like this and I would like to know as much about my person as possible! But, the list is kinda...super long and makes me feel exhausted just reading through it? [Could be because I've been staring at a computer for HOURS.] Where's the fun in stalking?! But this is definitely 100x better than someone who says nothing at all.

Considering the depth of the previous questions, I feel "And finally, Yes/No – and, where indicated, what?" is fairly redundant. I like the scents question but I feel like a simple "likes/dislikes" and "which would you be more excited about: a new scent for you or a new scent for your home?" would do. But I know that a lot of you are really into your fragrance. I just can't relate! 

I really, really like the list though and I think it would be *so* helpful once the time rolls around. But, its level of specificity kinda makes me nervous that someone will expect that I follow their list exactly or are expecting a gift for their pet/boyfriend/cat too (or i would personally feel obligated to include something for them if they're mentioned). 

THIS IS SO EXCITING.

i like @jennm149  's reorganization of the list. i took at look at it as a "brain break" after working on stuff for school.. I'm kinda torn. I love surveys like this and I would like to know as much about my person as possible! But, the list is kinda...super long and makes me feel exhausted just reading through it? [Could be because I've been staring at a computer for HOURS.] Where's the fun in stalking?! But this is definitely 100x better than someone who says nothing at all. Considering the depth of the previous questions, I feel "And finally, Yes/No – and, where indicated, what?" is fairly redundant. I like the scents question but I feel like a simple "likes/dislikes" and "which would you be more excited about: a new scent for you or a new scent for your home?" would do. But I know that a lot of you are really into your fragrance. I just can't relate!  I really, really like the list though and I think it would be *so* helpful once the time rolls around. But, its level of specificity kinda makes me nervous that someone will expect that I follow their list exactly or are expecting a gift for their pet/boyfriend/cat too (or i would personally feel obligated to include something for them if they're mentioned).  THIS IS SO EXCITING.
There is a fine line between helpful info and a straight forward list. I think if we took about ten of the questions, it would slide back to the helpful side of it. Neither of my people at Christmas filled out the survey and I figured out pretty good gifts with old fashioned stalking.

Quote: Originally Posted by chelsealady /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There is a fine line between helpful info and a straight forward list. I think if we took about ten of the questions, it would slide back to the helpful side of it. Neither of my people at Christmas filled out the survey and I figured out pretty good gifts with old fashioned stalking.
Here's the thing:  The discussion thread devolved in *pages* of answers to these sorts of questions (that's actually where the first draft came from), and then latecomers didn't answer them.  That's the entire reason we talked about having a survey like this:  So we could put those survey questions in one document that everyone would fill out.  I've been assigned people who have barely had *any* information or useful posts, so I was basically grasping at straws because I couldn't find anything that could help me put together a package relevant to personality.  I finally gave up in most cases.  You might have been assigned someone who you could figure out with stalking, but some of us were not so lucky.  There was one person who I could narrow down to "long hair, Christian, married, works in a health food store, vegetarian, likes the _Twilight_ series, and has a two-year-old," and that was only because I tracked her down on blogs and other forums, and that information didn't help me *at all*.  I've had a person whose information boiled down to burlesque and liquid liner with a couple of brands thrown in but pretty much no other information and very few posts or blogging presence.  Almost impossible.  It's great that you could do stalk inspiration down.  I couldn't, and I know I wasn't the only one in that situation. 

In completely unrelated news, hot damn.  HBO Go is letting me use my aunt's password.  Let's see if my internet connection lets me watch GoT.

Honestly I think the questions are awesome and will help many folks out. Besides, we are not obligated to answer every single one and some won't even apply. I say the more information the better. That way folks will feel less stressed and won't have to sort sleuth their way around MUT or the Internet. JMHO.

Quote: Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  But, its level of specificity kinda makes me nervous that someone will expect that I follow their list exactly or are expecting a gift for their pet/boyfriend/cat too (or i would personally feel obligated to include something for them if they're mentioned). 

THIS IS SO EXCITING.

As I was working on reorging the list, this was the big thing that I got concerned about.  I don't think any of us want to turn this into the grown-up, summertime equivalent of a list for Santa.  Maybe removing the questions that relate more to "what do you want" rather than "who are you and what do you like" would help to avoid that.

I also didn't know if people might be sensitive to acknolwedging that they live alone, so I wasn't sure we should just flat out ask about other household members.  It was very thoughtful of so many of you to include things for people's kids/pets, etc., but I wouldn't want people to feel obligated about it.  Thoughts?

As Meaganola pointed out at the beginning of the thread, brainstorming is just the first step in the process of developing something, and during it you want to come up with a large quantity of ideas that you can pare down later.  I wouldn't want anyone to be put off by the survey and decide not to participate because of it.  IMO, we could probably lose about half of the questions and still have a pretty good sense of someone.  Maybe there's a way to separate this into "everyone really should answer at least these ___ (10/12/15 questions)" and "it would be helpful to your fairy godparent to know these things, too"?

Quote: Originally Posted by DeSha /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Honestly I think the questions are awesome and will help many folks out. Besides, we are not obligated to answer every single one and some won't even apply. I say the more information the better. That way folks will feel less stressed and won't have to sort sleuth their way around MUT or the Internet. JMHO.
This is how I feel too. If you want to skip some questions,either when answering or when scanning your Santee's answers, just do so, no one will come after you with a pitchfork.

I also think we are all fairly reasonable people and understand this is just meant to help our Santa out, not to be a list of YOU MUST GET ME THIS OR DIE and also not to add stress to the process.  How much or little the list is used can and will be an individual thing, and I do think we all understand that.

As far as listing specific items on a wishlist, one of my big issues with excluding wishlists is that I want to make my recipient happy.  I have *no way* of knowing that she reallyreallyreally wants a particular eyeliner or lipstick.  I would be more than happy to get it *if I knew*.  Vagueness is my enemy.  It does *not* make it easier on this sender!  No specifics = You're getting a Pacifica Solar palette and a bunch of Glamour Doll Eyes sample baggies and GWP jars because I've given up on trying to figure out a specific item that you will like, Fred Meyer has constant sales on Pacifica that will bring it down to the limit, and I have a growing stash of GDE sample baggies and GWP jars I'm not sure what to do with since they're duplicates for me due to many, many orders.

And the transition to the new forum has hosed the formatting of the various versions of the lists, so I'm going to go through tonight (after errands and my aunt's Partylite party this afternoon for a daughter of her cousin, so this daughter is technically my cousin as well, but I don't know so much as her name) while I try to make a dent in my Hulu queue and work on fixing that.  I have an idea about tiered groups of questions (really important to answer, kind of important, vaguely important, just fun) as well that I want to work on.  Signups are getting close, so it's time to work on a firm version of this!

Just a really quick drive-by posting of one last public draft.  I've stripped the numbering from this version because that seems to make it seem more like a test to me than bullets do, and I've broken it into chunks because it feels more workable that way.  The beauty stuff is front-loaded because if nothing else, we need that information most desperately!

Absolute must-answers (note:  If you do not wish to post answers to these three questions in public, please send a PM to @magicalmom.  These answers will only be shared with your Fairy Godparent):

• ALLERGIES!! Please list any allergies to products, foods, scents, etc., that you or anyone living in your household has!
  • Dietary restrictions: Do you or anyone in your household have any food-related restrictions/sensitivities, etc? Would you prefer not to receive food items?
  • Skin allergies/sensitivities: Do you or anyone in your household have any skin allergies/sensitivities not already listed that your Fairy Godparent should know about (e.g., wool, metals in jewelry, etc)? Do you avoid silicone, sulfates, etc?
Would you like to get a heads-up from a Fairy that your package is on its way, or would you prefer its delivery to be a complete surprise?

Not mandatory but cannot be recommended highly enough:  Do you have an on-forum swap/Midsummer Dream list?  If it's anywhere other than this post, URL here, please!

Basic background information:

Style descriptions! Brief is better.

• Makeup
  • Hair
  • Nails
  • Skincare (face/neck)
  • Bodycare (every where else)
  • Home
More advanced questions:

• Solve for X: I am wearing too much X, and I DO NOT CARE!
  • Cruelty-free or vegan. Important, must-have, nice, don't care?
  • You just won a $50 gift card to your favorite beauty store. Which store is it, and what will you buy?
  • Please list any subscription boxes you receive, along with anything you may covet from recent boxes.
  • Assuming they are separately packaged and clearly labeled, what are your feelings on prepared-by-sender beauty items? Unsealed samples? Items from the bulk foods section?
  • Assuming the same dollar amount is spent, would you prefer several mini items, or one or two full-sized items?

Brand-and-color-specific time!

• What is your all-time favorite beauty item and why?
  • What specific product(s) are you lusting after? Feel free to link to a wishlist with particulars!
  • What make-up items do you use every day?
  • What are your holy grail items? Holy crap?
  • What one item/product are you interested in, but just have't gotten around to trying?

General product section, aka not brand/color specific

• What one product can you just not get enough of?
  • What one product do you actually use more than any other? What runs out quickest in your make-up drawer?
  • What product(s) can you absolutely not use at all for reasons other than allergies/sensitivities listed in the background section (e.g., I can't use foot scrubbers because my feet are too ticklish)?
  • What items (makeup/skincare/tool) do you feel are missing from your routine?
  • What tools/products are you looking to add, even if they are not missing?
  • What beauty-related product(s) do you just not want to receive?

Brands:

• What brand do you have more products from than any other? Any particular reason?
  • What brand(s) have you been wanting to try but haven't gotten around to?
  • What brand(s) do you not want?

Colors (not specific shades):

• Answer quick like a bunny! Favorite color?
  • Favorite color combination?
  • Color scheme of your home/room, either in reality or your imagination
  • What one color (not brand/product specific) do you use more than any other? Why?
  • Color(s) to avoid?

Scents

• What's your favorite perfume/wearable scent of all time? What's your favorite perfume/wearable scent to wear in the summer?
  • What is the fragrance of your favorite home fragrance (e.g., candle, diffuser)?
  • Describe your favorite scents/notes, without naming a specific perfume or fragrance.
  • Without naming a specific perfume or fragrance, what are your favorite perfume companies? Favorite home fragrance companies?
  • What form of perfume do you prefer (oil, alcohol-based, spray, open bottle, rollerball)? What form of home fragrance do you prefer (candle, diffuser, air freshener, plug-in)?
  • Other than perfume/fragrance oils, what is your favorite type of toiletry/scented item?
  • Scent(s)/notes(s) to avoid?

And finally (at least for the beauty section), Yes/No?

• Foils
  • Deluxe Samples
  • Hair Oil
  • Face Oil
  • Perfume
  • Sunblock/Sunscreen
  • Self-tanner/tanning wipes

And extra non-makeup-related questions!

• What designs/designers do you prefer (please limit to top 3)
  • List any public wishlists (Amazon, etsy, Sephora), swap lists and/or Tumbler/Pinterest entries your fairy godparent should consult.
  • Is your box all about you? Or would you like to see things in your box for your significant other/spouse, kid(s), pet(s), whatever? If the latter, please list age/gender/species.
  • If your fairy godparent curates an awesome set of items for you, would you rather they be wrapped individually, or be a huge smorgasbord that you can look at all at once? Would you prefer to open each gift slowly and methodically or will it be ribbons and bows and paper flying as you tear into it?
  • It's a hot, sunny 90-degree summer day and you have no obligation to be anywhere in particular. Where are you and what are you doing?

And advanced fun stuff:

• What do you do in your spare time? Are there any hobby-related items you would like?
  • Fandoms, favorite TV shows, movies, books, music, Hogwarts house, etc.
  • What non-beauty item(s) would send you over the moon?
  • Pirates or ninjas?
  • Zombies: Yay or nay?
  • Disney! Favorite movie, hero, villain?
  • Describe three things decorating your living space.
Yes/no, the extras division:

• Virtual gifts (ecerts/gift certs/eBooks)
  • Hand-made items (from your godparent or purchased)
  • Candles
  • Tarts
  • Reed Diffusers
  • Incense
  • Other home fragrance (say, room spray or scented rocks)
  • Local Items
  • Mix CD
  • Home Items (and what types)
  • Food Items (and what types)
  • Beverages (and what types)
  • Puzzle Books -- words, numbers, pictures

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want to add a sentence to the first part about allergies/sensitivities:  "If you do not wish to share your allergies/dietary restrictions/sensitivities in this thread, please send them in a PM to magicalmom.  They will only be shared with your Fairy Godmother"

Just cause, you know.  Medical privacy and stuff.  Wanted to make sure it's an option  :smilehappyyes:

I just want to add a sentence to the first part about allergies/sensitivities: "If you do not wish to share your allergies/dietary restrictions/sensitivities in this thread, please send them in a PM to magicalmom. They will only be shared with your Fairy Godmother"

Just cause, you know. Medical privacy and stuff. Wanted to make sure it's an option :smilehappyyes:
I thought the plan was to have this be part of the signup PM in order to make it easier to find your person's survey, especially since we're all still learning the new forum and may or may not be able to figure out how to search or locate someone's posting history, so that would have covered privacy issues. Or how about this, so you can go back and easily edit/update things as needed: No responses in the thread, but make this be your wishlist thread/post in the swap section, and make sure to include the allergy stuff in your signup PM?

It was, but we're using a Google Doc for sign ups adapted from a circular swap form and doesn't include an allergy question.

I'm going to create a "survey answers thread" so members have the option to answer within the thread or make it part of their swap list. So if we could just add a caveat about PM-ing me with allergies if they don't want to answer within the thread or add the info to their swap list.

Thanks! Not trying to be difficult, I swear!

Ah, crappity. I missed that change. Good call on a separate thread for this! It was a slog getting through the survey stuff to get to the fun discussion stuff last time around. This should help with that.

Okay, I added the bit about PMs and did a teeny tiny I-doubt-anyone-else-will-even-notice formatting tweak.  I'm going to go do some other non-MND stuff now!

So excited.. I like getting ideas from the list but I basically just go with stuff that I think would be nice. Like I already have things in mind head that I know I will buy, the list will be a guide.

Back