(Discussion) Secret Santa 2013 is coming soon!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's ridiculous! I'm pretty sure if its not delivered within the time frame it's supposed to be (1-3) days for priority you should be eligible for a refund. I would contact the PO about this. Not cool on their part
I shipped two day priority and it took 14-15. I was fuming.

Quote: Originally Posted by tnorth1852 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by DorotaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's ridiculous! I'm pretty sure if its not delivered within the time frame it's supposed to be (1-3) days for priority you should be eligible for a refund. I would contact the PO about this. Not cool on their part
I shipped two day priority and it took 14-15. I was fuming.  UGH! I do feel a littel better that I'm not alone, here!

If they've made so many cuts to the postal service that they can no longer do 2 day priiority, then they need to stop selling it as an option. Period.

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Aw, on one hand, I'm glad to not be alone here...on the other hand, I'm sorry you're dealing with this frustration, too.

Here's what it says now:

COME ON....
I just checked mine today, mine says exactly that!! the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw this was "No Sh*t Sherlock" of course it hasn't updated! It's frustrating, sadly I'm going to have to start shipping more via UPS or FedEX.

I like that they haven't even changed the "Expected Delivery Date" again yet. SO ANNOYING. Santee, I'm sure you know who you are by now since I had an elf send you the tracking shortly after it stopped updating...and I am so sorry. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If I ever send you anything again, I will not be using USPS. 

Quote: Originally Posted by nicepenguins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Whoa--cool! What a cool job as well! Does he give talks on the subject as well? I hope you get something perfect for you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
He has done a couple of talks on men's clothes during the 1840's-1860's.  I love watching stuff come out of his workroom.  I'm hoping once I graduate and start working full time he can work more on his business.  

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like that they haven't even changed the "Expected Delivery Date" again yet. SO ANNOYING. Santee, I'm sure you know who you are by now since I had an elf send you the tracking shortly after it stopped updating...and I am so sorry. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If I ever send you anything again, I will not be using USPS. 
I think its me.

Its ok! Please do not worry about the package taking so long. I can't express how thankful I am,. and amazed that a stranger (although i will admit i think as soon as I started figuring out who you were I stalked you :) so you don't feel like a stranger) is concerned about the package arriving, and on time, and its just overwhelming and awesome. THANK YOU. let alone how much effort I can tell you put into putting a gift together for me just by looking at posts! Thank you  For caring about it and me! But please don't let it take away from enjoying everything about the holidays and worrying about it arriving! It will get here eventually! 

The funny thing is yesterday my mail lady brought us two boxes to our door, which she NEVER does because we live in an apartment complex so they packages normally go to the office but it was after five So our mail lady brings us two huge boxes because she didn't want to take them back to the post office, and my boyfriend took them from the truck and asked her if she had any others for us, and she was like nope.

So i went to check the mail once she left and saw the package slip left in our box. FOR THREE BOXES. I was like damn, she had something else for us! So then I saw this all on here and was like OMG NO WAY, and checked my tacking.... and yeah.. 

At this time I have 38 18 people left on my list. Since I don't check this post to see who received items so far and who hasn't that number can be far less. Plus there are those who have received but have yet to post because they're waiting for Christmas.

Here are the names of those who have yet to receive their gift from their Secret Santa OR who may have posted but whose name I have yet to cross off.

If you're on this list let me know if you did get it or not by December 24.

bellatrix42 blueangel1023 Deareux EmpressMelli FireNRice jac a jannie135 jordiemac3 klg534 Last Contrast latinafeminista lemony007 lioness90 LyndaV Margo Julianna mermuse secrethoarder slinka

As of December 26, I will release the list of pairings except of those who have yet to get a gift as it's possibly still in the mail.

At this time I have 38 people left on my list. Since I don't check this post to see who received items so far and who hasn't that number can be far less. Plus there are those who have received but have yet to post because they're waiting for Christmas. Here are the names of those who have yet to receive their gift from their Secret Santa OR who may have posted but whose name I have yet to cross off.
You can remove myself and nicepenguins.

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  At this time I have 38 people left on my list. Since I don't check this post to see who received items so far and who hasn't that number can be far less. Plus there are those who have received but have yet to post because they're waiting for Christmas.

Here are the names of those who have yet to receive their gift from their Secret Santa OR who may have posted but whose name I have yet to cross off.

bellatrix42 blueangel1023 Charity1217 chelsealady CourtneyB Dakota750 Deareux Donna529 DorotaD dotybird EmpressMelli FireNRice gemstone heather4602 jac a jannie135 jordiemac3 jpark107 KellyKaye klg534 Last Contrast latinafeminista lemony007 lioness90 luckyme502 LyndaV magicalmom makeitupasigo Margo Julianna mermuse MissRoe morre22 nicepenguins secrethoarder slinka StickyLips tnorth1852 tweakabell

You can remove me too!  @LyndaV spoiled me rotten!

Quote: Originally Posted by tnorth1852 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Y'all. This has nothing to do with SS, but I have to share somewhere.

The mister and I exchanged gifts tonight. Among other things, I had a box full of makeup products I mentioned in my many rambling about MUT. This dude got me the tarte of giving, tarte gorgeous getaways, benefit how to look the best at everything, sephora coconut shower gel (he must've heard me ohhing and ahhing over my $1 sephora fillers), gimme some lip set, porefessional, new clarisonic brush head, beauty blender, ud revolution lipstick.... And he even got one of the blitz bags. Praise Jesus for this dude. Hahaha!
Wow that's awesome!

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  At this time I have 38 people left on my list. Since I don't check this post to see who received items so far and who hasn't that number can be far less. Plus there are those who have received but have yet to post because they're waiting for Christmas.

I received mine 
smile.gif

I know MissRoe posted that she received hers as well.

I've removed several names and now down to 28. I'll go through the list again later this evening since I know several others have posted here but are still on my list as I have yet to cross their names off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

bellatrix42 blueangel1023 Charity1217 chelsealady CourtneyB   Deareux Donna529     EmpressMelli FireNRice gemstone heather4602 jac a jannie135 jordiemac3     klg534 Last Contrast latinafeminista lemony007 lioness90 luckyme502 LyndaV     Margo Julianna mermuse   morre22   secrethoarder slinka   tnorth1852 tweakabell

At this time I have 38 people left on my list. Since I don't check this post to see who received items so far and who hasn't that number can be far less. Plus there are those who have received but have yet to post because they're waiting for Christmas. Here are the names of those who have yet to receive their gift from their Secret Santa OR who may have posted but whose name I have yet to cross off.
I got mine and posted over in the reveal thread about a week ago! Scratch one more off!

I just got mine! I'm going to post in the reveal thread soon.

Yup dated again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

bellatrix42 blueangel1023 Charity1217 chelsealady CourtneyB Deareux Donna529 EmpressMelli FireNRice heather4602 jac a jannie135 jordiemac3 klg534 Last Contrast latinafeminista lemony007 lioness90 luckyme502 LyndaV Margo Julianna mermuse morre22 secrethoarder slinka tweakabell

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by DorotaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Unfortunately, it's only guaranteed if it's Priority Express.  Plain old Priority is specifically not guaranteed.  From https://www.usps.com/making-priority-mail-better.htm#PM5 :

Quote:  5) Is the scheduled delivery day guaranteed?
Priority Mail remains a non-guaranteed service. The Postal Service does not provide a money-back guarantee if items sent via Priority Mail fail to arrive by the scheduled delivery date. However, Priority Mail Express continues to provide a money-back guarantee* service for most domestic destinations***.

Except from today until after Christmas they've cancelled that guarantee. Even though tomorrow is technically the last day to ship via Priority Mail Express they refuse to guarantee it'll be there. Basically, anyone who has yet to ship should use UPS, DHL or FedEx to guarantee delivery before Christmas unless they've stated otherwise.

Quote:

December 23 is the last day to send gifts domestically via Priority Mail Express™® service before Christmas!*

*Priority Mail Express postage refund eligibility is suspended for shipments mailed
Dec. 22-25.

Back