(Discussion) Secret Santa 2013 is coming soon!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by slinka /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, wouldn't you like to know my spying habits.
ninja.gif

shuriken.gif

More like stalking habits. 

Quote: Originally Posted by STLSportsGirl13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am so awaiting the person I get to shop for.  I love doing stuff like this.  Can we just do it now?!?  Laugh.

I know, right?? I would love to start shopping for my Secret Santa gift now!!

Quote: Originally Posted by MissRoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know, right?? I would love to start shopping for my Secret Santa gift now!!
noooo don't start without me I haven't gotten my 50 posts yet :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i love these things...i can't wait...last secret santa thing i did was for work and i totally blew the allotted budget out of the water,lol. we had a $10 limit...i did like $50,lol...nothing better than spying and making someone's day!!

Okay....TTanner ! Without giving away some of my favorites, (as I plan to include them in my Secret Santa gift if I were to get someone who enjoys international beauty/skincare products), check out Dr.Morita and Mutenka Cow Brand on Amazon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am SO thankful for this Secret Santa thing this year.  I'm really looking forward to it because I just got word last night from my dear husband that he "gets" to go away for military TDY in 3 weeks for a few months meaning he "gets" to miss Halloween (which is my very favorite holiday [we do a family theme & I've already made ALL our costumes . . . Despicable Me just won't be the same without "Gru" here.]) & Christmas this year (FOR THE SECOND YEAR IN A ROW!).  I "get" to be home alone, once again, with my six kids without their daddy.  Talk about a bummer right?  I actually feel worse for him. . . at least I get to share Christmas with my kids.

So THANK YOU for putting this together Zadi!  This really will be a bright spot in a really emotionally rough month for me this year.  It will give me an opportunity to NOT dwell on my own emotions & will allow me to really think about someone else & give me a way to pass some time "stalking" someone else which will help to keep my mind off of things.  I can't wait to play Santa for someone else who loves make-up as much as I do.  I LOVE to buy make-up & don't get to do it very often so it really will be a bright spot this season for me.  Thank you again for putting this together.  I know it's a lot of work for you, but know that it is totally making MY Christmas this year.

Counting down the days until November 1st. . .  
santa.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by trekkersangel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am SO thankful for this Secret Santa thing this year.  I'm really looking forward to it because I just got word last night from my dear husband that he "gets" to go away for military TDY in 3 weeks for a few months meaning he "gets" to miss Halloween (which is my very favorite holiday [we do a family theme & I've already made ALL our costumes . . . Despicable Me just won't be the same without "Gru" here.]) & Christmas this year (FOR THE SECOND YEAR IN A ROW!).  I "get" to be home alone, once again, with my six kids without their daddy.  Talk about a bummer right?  I actually feel worse for him. . . at least I get to share Christmas with my kids.

So THANK YOU for putting this together Zadi!  This really will be a bright spot in a really emotionally rough month for me this year.  It will give me an opportunity to NOT dwell on my own emotions & will allow me to really think about someone else & give me a way to pass some time "stalking" someone else which will help to keep my mind off of things.  I can't wait to play Santa for someone else who loves make-up as much as I do.  I LOVE to buy make-up & don't get to do it very often so it really will be a bright spot this season for me.  Thank you again for putting this together.  I know it's a lot of work for you, but know that it is totally making MY Christmas this year.

santa.gif

well, i'm glad for you to be able to do this too. i know how it is my hubby missed our first anniversary being in iraq, and several holidays over the years with training and a tour in egypt. i'm so glad he's out now, feel bad it came by injury(but he's all better now, just a little less movement in one shoulder), though i do miss the moving around and seeing new places, i'm one of the weird people that liked that part,lol.

I think we are really going to have a good group of women for the Secret Santa.  I am looking forward to.  I am already window shopping.

I wish this kind of enthusiasm was in the Birthday Group.  I have sent numerous gifts out over the last year, having fun with it... But now my birthday came and went with not even a birthday card or private message, wishing me a happy birthday, from anyone in the group.  
icon_neutral.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Jac13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think we are really going to have a good group of women for the Secret Santa.  I am looking forward to.  I am already window shopping.

So am I. Just finishing up a Halloween gift swap on FB. I love doing these:)

Quote: Originally Posted by ttanner2005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I wish this kind of enthusiasm was in the Birthday Group.  I have sent numerous gifts out over the last year, having fun with it... But now my birthday came and went with not even a birthday card or private message, wishing me a happy birthday, from anyone in the group.  
icon_neutral.gif

Yikes, that is so sad. 

Yeah. I am SO very grateful I can still share it with my kids. This happened last year too so it's nothing new to me, it's just hard emotionally to be away from loved ones on Christmas. But that's why I'm really excited about secret Santa! It will keep my emotions in check & get me really excited about Christmas. It's just what I need this year! I'm SO happy to be a member of such a fun forum full of the best make up addicts around!

Quote: Originally Posted by trekkersangel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

santa.gif

Must be tough for any Military family, I am sure! I hope this will bring you some cheer!

I wish this kind of enthusiasm was in the Birthday Group.  I have sent numerous gifts out over the last year, having fun with it... But now my birthday came and went with not even a birthday card or private message, wishing me a happy birthday, from anyone in the group.  :icon_neut
That's too bad. How does one even join the birthday group? I've messaged who I thought was the organizer twice about joining months ago and never hears back. I wish I was part of the group so I could send you something, you deserve it!

Quote: Originally Posted by sparklegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

icon_neutral.gif

That's too bad. How does one even join the birthday group? I've messaged who I thought was the organizer twice about joining months ago and never hears back. I wish I was part of the group so I could send you something, you deserve it!
The group administrator had to back out due to personal problems.  They left it up to each of us to message our addresses out and post our wishlist.  Zadidoll is in the group.  You could ask her.

icon_neutral.gif

That sucks!! I didn't know there was a birthday club.  Well Happy Belated Birthday.

oh, i need to be a part of that birthday group as well...sorry to hear you got scrooged on your bday!

Quote: Originally Posted by sparklegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

icon_neutral.gif

The group administrator had to back out due to personal problems.  They left it up to each of us to message our addresses out and post our wishlist.  Zadidoll is in the group.  You could ask her.

She did? Oh no! I wish I was aware of that. I'm in the group mainly because I had to set the group up but I don't get any notifications from the group. I'll look into it and see what the next step will be.

Back