DIY or professional manicures, pedicures?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never gotten my nails or toes done professionally - just don't see the point! Why go out and pay for what I can do myself at home?

Nowadays I am trying to save money. I had a guy ask me where I got my nails done. It's a great feeling knowing that you did it yourself and it looks salon worthy!

Originally Posted by flipshawtii /img/forum/go_quote.gif Nowadays I am trying to save money. I had a guy ask me where I got my nails done. It's a great feeling knowing that you did it yourself and it looks salon worthy! That is a great compliment. I like it when girls I don't know ask me the name of my hair dresser because they like my hair style but I cut my own hair
smile.gif

I do my own mani/pedi year round for the most part.  I go to the local beauty schools a few times a year when I am too lazy to do either, and I get good results.  I have started taking my own polish, in case I get a chip, I can do a repair.

I have natural nails and do both my toes and hands myself..

I prefer it this way, since  know my nails, i know i have clean equipment and if something were to happen i could only blame myself.  I have had acrylics a couple of times in the past and for a day or two they were okay, then they drove me nuts!!  When they took them off my nails underneath were weaker than before, so I don't do those any longer.

Back