DIY Stud Detailing

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm on the lookout for Antique Bronze Pyramid Studs for adding to my sweater. I've looked at my local craft stores anyone know where I can find them?

I have also been thinking about adding stud details to both clothing and purses. Have you found a good way to add studs to your items? I am worried about trying it before I know how to do it and ruining it!

I ended up finding studs at micheals in silver so I spray painted them anique gold and it worked ok...the paint comes off super easy though :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> there are videos on youtube on how to add studs. Andreaschoice in particular has a good one (possibly even a few) I know there are "studs" that are adhesive but they probably don't last as long.

BTW - I found Antique Bronze Pyramid Studs on Etsy - 100 for $3.50 + $2.50 shipping.

do you think I could add it to a shirt that's kinda..not a sturdy material, its kinda flowy and organza-like?

Originally Posted by Ashley Teague /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I finally found some at hobby lobby. They are silver but I can just spray paint them
smile.gif

Nice, what section were these in at Hobby Lobby? I just bleached a pair of cutoffs with an ombre effect and I'd like to distress them and add some studding.

You can find any type of stud you need on Ebay for cheap. I'm inspired to bust some studs out now!! 
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back