Do All Sephora Products Suck?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone
smile.gif

This is my first post on this website. So exciting
biggrin.gif

Not a fan of Sephora products at all. Their nail varnishes dry easily, the powder was really cakey, dried up eyeliner, drying lipsticks. The eye make up remover was terrible too. It is way too harsh and stings. Didn't like the mascara either
frown.gif
Maybe my Sephora didn't update their products but I never liked anything. It's not that cheap in terms of price either.. better to stick to other d/s brands. I liked some of their brushes though but if given the option I'd definitely choose other brands. If you really want to try them out it's better to get samples or buy them when they're on sale.

Unfortunately the one and only Sephora in my country closed after a year or so
frown.gif

I haven't tried their eyeshadows, but that's really only because I don't buy e/s often at all. I do like their brushes, lip liners (haven't tried eyeliners), lip glosses, primer, and the one sample of mascara that I got was surprisingly good. Doesn't beat BadGal, though.

By the way, the brushes I have are the smokey eye set. It isnt real expensive, never bought the individual ones, they are a lot more expensive. I use the set I have every day, I just love it.

Originally Posted by Lady_Insane25 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi everyone
smile.gif

This is my first post on this website. So exciting
biggrin.gif

Not a fan of Sephora products at all. Their nail varnishes dry easily, the powder was really cakey, dried up eyeliner, drying lipsticks. The eye make up remover was terrible too. It is way too harsh and stings. Didn't like the mascara either
frown.gif
Maybe my Sephora didn't update their products but I never liked anything. It's not that cheap in terms of price either.. better to stick to other d/s brands. I liked some of their brushes though but if given the option I'd definitely choose other brands. If you really want to try them out it's better to get samples or buy them when they're on sale.

Unfortunately the one and only Sephora in my country closed after a year or so
frown.gif

Was it the pressed powder that was cakey? Just curious, b/c I havent tried the new formula. The old one, and I do mean old, was my HG. Sigh. I dont get to Sephora very often, since the closest are Tampa and Orlando.

Originally Posted by dixiewolf /img/forum/go_quote.gif By the way, the brushes I have are the smokey eye set. It isnt real expensive, never bought the individual ones, they are a lot more expensive. I use the set I have every day, I just love it.

Was it the pressed powder that was cakey? Just curious, b/c I havent tried the new formula. The old one, and I do mean old, was my HG. Sigh. I dont get to Sephora very often, since the closest are Tampa and Orlando.

Yes the pressed powder. It has a see-through lid with a black rim.. and when you flip the powder up there is a compartment for the sponge. I bought it when it was 70% off on sale so it only cost me around US$5/6. I would have given it another try but the lid snapped off in a day
frown.gif
I didn't get to exchange it either because it was heavily discounted. Hmm I just checked the website and the ones they have don't come with a sponge so I probably got something that got DC-ed?

i agree that their brushes worth it (some). i like their lipglosses they smell good!

I have one of their single matte eyeshadows (cocoa powder 21). They cost $16.00 Canadian. The pigment is not too bad but other brands such as Clinique, MAC are better pigmented, only cost a two to three dollars more.

And NYX singles which are cheaper, have better pigment in my opinion compared to Sephora brand.

Originally Posted by FeliciaKnight /img/forum/go_quote.gif No, but they are very expensive. Ulta is awesome, I agree with you Karren. The more I'm on here the more I hear raves about Ulta... I just checked the website and they don't have any stores in Canada, hopefully soon though lol =)

Originally Posted by Shelley /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have one of their single matte eyeshadows (cocoa powder 21). They cost $16.00 Canadian. The pigment is not too bad but other brands such as Clinique, MAC are better pigmented, only cost a two to three dollars more.
And NYX singles which are cheaper, have better pigment in my opinion compared to Sephora brand.

That's exactly my opinion, and to think these shadows are still better than their old ones !
doh.gif
We really have to rethink what is HE and what is not, because for 4€ more, i can get Urban Decay or MAC and if i invest in a Dior quad, each shadow costs me about the same price a Sephora does, with a huge difference in quality.

I have only tried the liquid eyeliner and it was pretty bad. No, really bad! When a $1 ELF liquid eyeliner is way better than a brand that considers themselves high end I think they need to reevaluate themselves.

I'm sorry I just have to throw this in here.. When I was in Sephora returning this liquid liner pen the SA was so nice when she thought I was going to buy something but when she found out I wanted to return something she acted like she thought I was some cheapo because I was returning this and I was taking precious moments out of her day..

She asked me why I was returning it, fair enough.. I told her it wasn't as black as I thought it was and that I wasn't happy with the application... She then pops the cap off and draws a really thick dark black line on her hand and she says "It seems to work fine"

in my head I was like wtf? then I'm just like "Well you pushed hard to get that line and even though it worked I wanted a thinner more defining line" she then presses lighter on her hand and and gets a greyish line.. and then another... and then shes like "Oh thats what you ment"

I was just like.... yeah

I was just so irritated because theres no need to be crusty for no reason, I've worked retail, I know what its like, I'm sorry if I'm a bother to you but you chose to work in this store your going to have to do returns from time to time so suck it up and stop being a stupid cow lol

I'm sorry I just had to vent =D

you'll be happy to hear that the smashbox liquid liner pen is becoming part of the permanent line. if you're looking for another great one, stila's eyeliner pen is pretty equivalent.

Originally Posted by boyzeroo /img/forum/go_quote.gif you'll be happy to hear that the smashbox liquid liner pen is becoming part of the permanent line. if you're looking for another great one, stila's eyeliner pen is pretty equivalent. Thank God! Seriously, the Smashbox liquid liner was so good it was unblieveable... Anyways its funny you said that because the replacement I got for the Sephora one I returned was the Stila one =) Its good too.. When the Smashbox one comes out again I'm going to buy it and go between that and the Stila one.

Back