Do body lotions expire?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted to reply to this because I was wondering the same thing.  Here is what I would do.  If I had a product that was 2-3 years old roughly, I would use the product in small amounts.  Maybe choose only one area on my face.  If the smell irritates me or I get a head ache or my skin irritates me, discontinue the use. If it is fine use it everyday for about a week and then see.  If it is fine by then maybe mark a date on it (like good for 4-6months from the date you last tested).  The face is more fragile than the rest of your body and will react faster, Your not going to die if you use it.  For people that have products for ten years and longer. Make sure it has never been opened.  Be  very careful, nail polish lasts a long time but if it sits unopened forever it is unsafe to use.  Everything is mostly made out of chemicals.  Alcohol kills bacteria.  Other natural products oils and extracts added usually last forever but use your discretion. * If you have sensitive skin then be very wise and chose not to use procducts for up to three years or even less*  

I have normal skin and bought a brand new body butter from Walmart.  I used it and would have problems breathing and my skin would itch.  I stopped using it and it was brand new.

Hope this helps you all :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Sorry to those who bought expensive products.  Maybe ix it with paint and do some art.  Or spray it on a friend car to make a prank joke.  Take Care

If it hasn't separated or started smelling funny, I'd keep it. I have a lotion from a few years ago that I'm using now and it's fine, no irritation or anything. I threw out another one from the same time frame because it was runny & smelled off. As long as it was stored properly (in a cool dark place) I think it's fine.

Back