Do it Yourself? or Professional?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get them done by a professional because I really don't know how to wax by myself.

T^T money...so expensive...

I've had mine done preofessionally a couple times in my life. The second time way too much was waxed and they were very thin. I almost cried. I am too scared to do it again. I tweeve myself, although my eyebrows are so bushy it is hard. I would like to have it professionally done again to get the shape back so I can maintain it, but only if I can find someone good.

I like my brow shape, and I've always groomed them myself using tweezers and cuticle scissors. My brows are not very thick, so I find it manageable.

Today I tried threading my brows after I watched a tutorial on it, done by pursebuzz on YouTube. My brows turned out great, and it wasn't that hard. It did take a few minutes to get the hang of it. The end result is very neat looking.

Definitely get them done. With $5 for threading, I love it and how they look. Makes me feel so much better.

My mom can thread her own but she can't do others which kind of sucks.

I have always tweezed my own eyebrows, as far back as I can remember. I would say probably 13 years old i started, and the first time I did them was terrible. One turned out great, the other, terrible. It was like 2 hairs thick only, and i looked like I had a Whoopi Goldberg goin on above my one eye lol.

Now I am confident in my tweezing skills. I have waxed myself a couple of times, but I am so scared I am gonna put a huge glob of wax on and lose my whole eyebrow.

I have super thick eyebrows so I get em done professionally. I don't know what I would look like if I attempted to do it by myself. =/
biggrin.gif

definitely get them done professionally.

the woman i go to is the most meticulous, OCD woman I've met.

she takes like 10-15 minutes and anyone else I've gone to since just isn't good enough.

When I tweeze them myself one always ends up slightly more arched because it hurts and my eyes water and I just want to get it done.

When a professional waxes them I can come really close to falling asleep. The warm wax makes me sleepy, so when she takes the wax off it doesn't hurt, it just wakes me up. XD

It may not hurt i make my appointments at like 8:30/9:00AM to ensure this.

I tweezed my eyebrows until today... I will never do it again not do it as often now that I have threaded my eyebrows! It is FANTASTIC and soooo easy. Surely, it will take a bit of practice to get it just right but it's fun and my brows look great. Will post pics soon as I get batteries for my digi cam.

I've never really done anything to my eyebrows...

I've always flirted with the idea of getting them done professionally, but to be honest, my eyebrows are so fair and well behaved that all I need to do is pluck a few strays and pencil them in.

I do them myself since I have no time to get them done. I am looking to get this kit

Anastasia Element

5 Piece Brow Kit, Brunette 1 kit

What is the Anastasia Five-Item Brow Kit?

Providing you with just the basics, the Five Item Brow Kit provides you with five indispensable brow-shaping tools: Tweezers, Brow Powder, four Brow Stencils, one Duo Brush (Angled Cut/Spooley), and Brow Gel.

Features:

• Tweezers
  • Brow Powder (0.056 oz/1.60 g)
  • Brow Stencils (Set of Four Shapes)
  • One Duo Brush (Angled Cut/Spooley)
  • Brow Gel (0.28 oz/7.93 g)
Key Ingredients:
  • Vitamin C, E, and Chamomile Extract ~ Brow PowderPowerful antioxidants that protect the skin from environmental elements
  • Stimulates collagen production to firm the skin, correct hyper pigmentation and prevent premature signs of aging

[*]Linoleic Acid ~ Brow Gel
  • Found in Rose Hips Oil, which helps to enhance lipid revitalization
  • Improves skin's natural moisture levels, helping reduce the appearance of wrinkles

I've never had my brows done professionally but I wish I had. I have (normally) thick brows and over the years, I've plucked and stuff and just about ruined the shape. Now, I've gone and pulled out all of them and have to use the Anastasia Brow Kit to draw them on.
frown.gif

I get mine threaded. Much sanitary that waxing in my case and less likely to breakout from the wax. I used to use a razor on my brows but it got messy over time.

I do my own using tweezerman slanted tweezers. I hate the shape though. I get 'eyebrow envy' all the time when i see celebs/normal folk with great brows. I don't know if i could get mine waxed as my eyebrow hairs are really long (have to trim them!) and grow in weird ways? They probably wouldn't know where to start!

wow $20 ??!!

I get mines threaded for $5 and i recently just switched to a new salon because my old one raised their prices by a dollar LOL!

But yeah..i get mines done about once a month and keep up the maintenance on my own by tweezing. Its a lot easier to tweeze after the shape has already been done by a professional and i can pick out the stray hairs.

I get mine threaded for $5 at a little Indian shop once a while to help maintain the shape of my eyebrows, but I usually tweeze them myself. I hate waxing because I hate having to grow my brows out until they're long enough to wax.

i honestly do not do anything to my brows any more (my brows are so light that if i just do not fill inwhere i dont want it to show i am fine) however i used to pluck or wax depending. I have only had my eyebrows waxed twice, but i way prefer it to plucking, i think it looks cleaner and pain is a lot less.

Back