Do You Buy a Little All the Time or a Lot Every Once in a While?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tend to buy a little at a time, mostly because my budget doesn't really make a splurge possible most of the time.

I buy a lot all the time. I love to shop, but since I don't drive, I have wait for my son to drive me, and he does not like to drive me anywhere. So that is why when I do get out I try to get everything that I need and WANT.

The 99 cent Store Queen
icon_queen.gif

I shopped a lot last year. I just had to go out and I like looking at Make-up. I usually bought maybe 1-3 things at a time and it all piled up. I'm trying to not do it as much now because I'm pretty sure I have enough to last me the next 10 years. Haha. Now all I try to buy when I really need it is mascara since that needs to be replaced every few months.

I have this problem where I like to put away stuff that I just bought because I'm paranoid about opening it and disrupting the shelf life. Go figure.

Lately, I've been doing a "collective" haul - so I've been getting things here and there for the past 3 weeks. Actually, I usually buy like 4-5 items at a time. I don't know if you'd consider that a "haul".. It's gotten bad since I got a refund check - and I decided I'd spend a large chunk of it on MAC...I'm regretting a lot of my purchases because some of the colors I bought for my e/s's showed up on my hand but are so faint on my eye lids -
frown.gif
I wont be doing any major hauls anytime soon. In fact - I'm trying not to ever do "hauls" but just buy once every week or two weeks..I'm trying for two weeks.

I tend to buy in dribs and drabs due to finances. Once in a blue moon I might let a couple of hundred dollars pass but its rare.

I buy everything I think I want then spend months wondering why I did. I have feeling when my credit card statements arrive that I will spending a lot time in the no buy forum.

I buy stuff every 3 months because it gives me more time to save and read reviews on different products and i don't hurt my pocket either .

Depends- online I usually do a large haul--- just hate shipping costs and think of it as per item cost and do it all at once.

Stores I've finally gotten to where I only buy what I really want/need. The hardest thing was getting over my clearance rack mentality... buying something just because it was on sale. Now I base it on per wear basis-- would I really wear it? because something on sale that doesn't get worn really isn't worth it. Rather save a few of those purchases up and get something I really like.

I'm a teacher and usually don't have that much time for shopping during term time, but in the school holidays I go crazy and spend a fortune. Oh dear, and I'm about to start a 2-week break for Easter...my poor bank account!

I get a little bit of stuff every once in a while. Shopping days just don't work out for me. I plan, I go, I get nothing... It just works better if I just browse and something catch my eye and I buy it

Originally Posted by Hoozey /img/forum/go_quote.gif Depends- online I usually do a large haul--- just hate shipping costs and think of it as per item cost and do it all at once.
Stores I've finally gotten to where I only buy what I really want/need. The hardest thing was getting over my clearance rack mentality... buying something just because it was on sale. Now I base it on per wear basis-- would I really wear it? because something on sale that doesn't get worn really isn't worth it. Rather save a few of those purchases up and get something I really like.

Buy because it is on sale is something I must get over too. But then again, much of what I buy arethings that I have wanted for a very long time.

I buy a little a lot. I don't spend much on make up these days, not that I ever went mad in the past, but what little I do buy I usually feel guilty about if it's more than two things unless it is an insane bargain.

lately my habbits have changed. I find that buying online works better for me because i am less likely to get something just cause i want it, and only get the stuff i need.

additionaly my habbits have become that i save up than do a big haul at one time. Which can be anoying when you have to wait for something you want but it helps to let me think if i really need and want it

i go through stages where I will wanna shop shop shop for a few months and then ill feel bad for spending all that money and i will really cut down for awhile. Ive spent a lot lately and now I am trying to hold off..I just tell my self anyhting I really want I can ask for it for christmas or ask for gift cards etc. Im trying to hold off till Christmas.

I usually buy here and there but once or twice have a huge haul (right now I am building a huge haul jaja and waiting for my first F&F sale from Sephora ever!! yaaayyy)

i tend to shop here and there.....but then it gets late .....and the laptop magically lands in my lap then i tend to shop especially in the middle of the night

Back