Do you Exfoliate your lips???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
latly ive been geting really dry lips and ive been removing the skin and every time i would do that it would really burn me and hurt.

Are there exfoliating products for lips? i haven't seen any.

How can i exfoliate them?

The brand Fresh has expensive lip care products...Really nice but $$

Exfoliate only 1-2x weekly with sugar then moisturize with organic honey.

There are several lip exfoliating scrubs, some quite inexpensive, but (as mentioned), it's quite easy to make your own with some sugar and any sort of moist base (petroleum jelly, melted-down lip balm, whatever). You can also use a toothbrush on your lips, as they did back before the over-specialization of cosmetics.

Sugar and oil (olive, sweet almond, canola...whatever you got in your kitchen) makes a great scrub. Don't scrub too much or you'll get chapped peeling lips.

Someone told me sugar and lemon but im thinking the lemon would dry my lips even more.....

I purchased the ELF lip exfoliate on a recommendation.  (I think it was under $3) I really like it, the oils in it help nourish and the little beads take off the dry yuck on my lips.

May give them a try.  (It is super easy to use and not messy either)

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There are several lip exfoliating scrubs, some quite inexpensive, but (as mentioned), it's quite easy to make your own with some sugar and any sort of moist base (petroleum jelly, melted-down lip balm, whatever). You can also use a toothbrush on your lips, as they did back before the over-specialization of cosmetics.
Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sugar and oil (olive, sweet almond, canola...whatever you got in your kitchen) makes a great scrub. Don't scrub too much or you'll get chapped peeling lips.
These ^^

It's kind of silly to me to buy lip exfoliator, since it's such a small area and can be easily done with stuff you already have. But I do think it's important to do. Makes your balms absorb better and your lipsticks apply lovelier. 

Originally Posted by GlitzGlam /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Someone told me sugar and lemon but im thinking the lemon would dry my lips even more.....
The oils in lemon are good for the skin, plus there is a slight antiseptic quality that helps if there is any sort of other issue at root of the flakiness. A lemon/sugar scrub with no moisturizing agent is just going to be more about removing the flakes; you STILL need something to moisturize the lips to prevent the problem, ya know?

I don't do a traditional scrub because I have found that with my sensitive skin it actually makes them all peely even when I use it super gently. I know this might sound silly but when I brush my teeth I gently run my toothbrush over my lips after I have rinsed it. It seems to keep them smooth without being too abrasive.

Latest posts

Back