Do You Have a Signature Scent?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have looads of perfume that i wear depending on my mood but my main ones are jean paul gautier, chanel chance, guelrain insolence, thierry muglier alien and innocent rock. but my "signature scent" would be alien because i wear it whenever i'm going out somewhere nice (or when i need a pick me up, or when behind the bar to get extra tips cos the guys love it for some reason lol!) and alot of my friends hadnt heard of it untill i started wearin it!

I'm known at school and in theaters for a nice rose scent. I stumbled upon bottled rose oil (or "Love Drawing Potion") amongst rows of other oil scents in a small store. I asked if it could be used on the skin without causing irritation and much to my delight, the woman behind the counter said it would be perfectly fine. That was about half a year ago and I've been getting compliments on it ever since. I've even turned other girls on to the oils and they've bought their own fragrances.

Originally Posted by MakeupByMonet /img/forum/go_quote.gif You need BAby Soft .............Does anyone remember that scent? I used to have a set of baby soft lotions & sprays when I was 12 but it smells so good clean & Powdery & Soft just like you want
smile.gif
I agree! Baby Soft & I go way back.
smile.gif
It's one of several favorites though. I don't have a signature scent. I'm not one of those people who has like a billion perfumes, but I like some variety.

How cute is this, it's not a perfume, but my Mum recently bought a candle because the smell reminded her of what I smell like when I come home from work lol I work in a day spa and use a lot of essential oils in my treatments, I can never smell it on me, but my Mum is always telling me when I get home how incredible I smell and she found a scented candle that apparently smells quite similar to how I do at the end of the day. It's quite a lovely smell if I do say so myself lol

Aww how sweet of her
smile.gif
. When me and my husband first lived together, I got this scented fan plugins in Hawaiin "something" and I had one set on low in everywhere room. Some of the stuff that is set in storage still has the scent and we recently started using it again. It's amazing how many memories it brings back to me.

I think I found my scent. I tried the baby soft but it was too powdery and smelled like tons of the products I already had for my son lol. My friend works in the perfume section in the department store and gave me some small tester sprays that were numbered bc they were decanted. When the tester items get damaged (tip gets clogged or someone messes it up, etc.) they let her have some of the leftover perfumes. She'll open them and fill them in small tester sprays for on the go. She had no names but she knew the scent and lucky me, it's Chanel N 5. She let me have the small tester but I'm gonna save up to get the full size later on. I'm not too keen on spending over 100 dollars on a perfume just yet.

ive had my signature scent since back in college and people still recognize and associate the scent w/ me even now
smile.gif

it doesnt mean that i stick to this one perfume only as i have lots of them and wear a different one depending on my moods etc, but most of the time my hands just reach to this particular perfume without me actually realizing it! LOL

my love affair w/ the perfume has been going on for more than 4 yrs and it feels as though its part of what i am cuz ive been through many events and places in my life w/ it. so... when u put it like that, doesnt it sound so romantic? or is it just me... ? LOL

Originally Posted by Bec688 /img/forum/go_quote.gif How cute is this, it's not a perfume, but my Mum recently bought a candle because the smell reminded her of what I smell like when I come home from work lol I work in a day spa and use a lot of essential oils in my treatments, I can never smell it on me, but my Mum is always telling me when I get home how incredible I smell and she found a scented candle that apparently smells quite similar to how I do at the end of the day. It's quite a lovely smell if I do say so myself lol Aww... that's so cute! Moms are great!

Signature scents is the shizzle! Altough, I think there are a few rules... It should be timeless, classy, and not too overpowering. Perfumes are best applied with care, not like some old ladies that are taking a bath in it... It should just be a little hint of it.

Oh, mine is My Givenchy Dream by Givenchy. Clean, not to flowery and heavy, just... Fresh!

Back