Do You Have Friends of Other Races?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really think it depends on where you live.

1)How many of you would say your closest friend is of a different race?

All my closest friends, kind of to generalize, all my friends are of a different race than me.

2)Does it just happen naturally whether they are of a different race or not?

I think it is natural, it's whoever you click and clash with. But I think where you live plays a huge role. I mean, obviously if you come from a prominent black neighbourhood, a majority of your friends would be of that race. But no, of course I would never discriminate.

3)Do you try to make friends of different races intentionally or unintentionally?

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I intentionally try to make friends, yes... of a different race, unintentionally. It's the same with me

The side of the city I live it mostly Caucasian, so most of my close friends are of that race. And that was about 90% of my high school. But yes, I did notice in high school that a lot of the Chinese people would sit together and a lot of the Indian people would sit together. But yea, I think it's because they had a lot in common and brought up with a lot of the same morals and religion.

1)How many of you would would say your closest friend is of a different race?

My closest friends 2 are my race, and 2 are mixed.

I think it's because of the school we went to. That there were so many races present ppl just gravitated to ppl who they had stuff in common with as far as interest , rather than race.

3)Do you try to make friends of different races intentionally or unintentionally?

When I went off to college, I had to make an effort to make sure I remained balanced. The ppl I had the most in common with were obviously from the Caribbean, but were also mostly of African descent. So yea, during college I sought out ppl from other countries to hang out with.

My best friend is half white/mexican. I don't have many black friends though.

I suppose it happens naturally.

I don't try to make friends with certain races but I usually end up having white friends since many black people consider me "white".

My best friend is white, most of the people that I associate with are of another race, but to be honest, I am not just one race....

No, because I have always had problems befriending black women of a certain personality. Some I can get along with, but most I cant
frown.gif

When I was younger, it was unintentional, but as time has changed and....I dont wanna talk about it

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif No, because I have always had problems befriending black women of a certain personality. Some I can get along with, but most I cant... Unfortunately, I understand that very well. Some black women are just.... something else... I think that's the nicest possible way I can say it.

Originally Posted by missmignonne /img/forum/go_quote.gif Unfortunately, I understand that very well. Some black women are just.... something else... I think that's the nicest possible way I can say it. yup
frown.gif
*sighs*

1)How many of you would say your closest friend is of a different race?

Me! My best friend is Indian.

Actually, it doesn't matter if they're of a different race. As long as I get along with them, I call them my friends.

Unintentionally. We just click. I don't choose my friends. They choose me. =)

I never had the opportunity to make friends with anyone from another race because the area I live in is not diverse at all, all black. I wouldn't be opposed to friends of other races though.

Most of my friends are black who I tend to spend most of my time with but I have lots of white girlfriends too.

When you say other race, do you include other countries? Fx one of my co-workers is white, but she is russian. I'd say that she is more "exotic" to me than people that are black/mixed/asian and so on who are raised and born here, atleast lived here most of their life. To me the difference is more cultural than about color.

I don't go out of my way to hang around certain nationalities/backgrounds, its not a deciding factor in becoming my friend.

I do tend to have more in common with people who have similar cultural backgrounds, but i can find common ground with most races.

My closet gfs are italian, lebanese, greek, south african and macedonian background.

I AM one of the other races...

But, yes, I do have close friends that are minorities, and I also have close friends that are Caucasian.

My best friend is Croatian/Bosnian and my heritage includes Russian, Turkish, and Persian. I don't discriminate when it comes to making friends, it just happens. I have no clue if this affects anything or not but I lived in an area for 11 years where half the population was Eastern Europeans. It would be strange to inquire what race a person is from before getting to know them, it's something you find out a little later on
smile.gif

I grew up in a rather small town so there wasn't much diversity but had a few black guys that were friends- I actually tended to get along with guys better back then.

Once I went to college I was friends with different races and nationalities.

Now I don't have many "close friends" because it's really all about my family but because of MuT I have lots of friends, especially Asian decent, because my foundation matches are similar to them. I don't intentional befriend anyone based on race- it's really about personality.

Back