Do you impulse buy?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Ray of sunshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh my god my boyfriend does that. Instead of buying 1 bottle of coke, he wants to buy ten because they are $10 for ten. x_x Where do we put ten bottles of 2 liter cokes? Not in the shopping cart.
LMAO!

Not really.  I'm the type of person that could pick up a $1 makeup item and talk myself out of buying it.

However, when I make my mind up to buy something I cannot wait to buy it. 

All the time. Its really bad then i regret that i bought something so expensive

I buy stuff I don't need/can live without. I'm not in debt so I guess it's not that bad.
2.gif
But I could have saved thousands if it wasn't for beauty and clothing.

But today I got NARS handmade blush brush! AAAAh.
sleepyhead.gif
But I think of it as - buy lots of shit for cheap that doesn't last or buy a good product that lasts a long time.

I've been documenting my shopping addiction in my blog. Just taking pictures of things I have so I don't forget what I have. lol

I impulse buy all the time.  No impulse control has been a big problem for me, but now a days, it's with makeup and buying stuff, so I have to chose my battles.  But, most of the time when I go shopping, I'll have a ton of shit and then slowly as I'm making my way to the register, I'll start dumping shit off cuz I'll start looking at the stuff I have and be like, "Do I REALLY need this?" and try to be sensible, and then even still I'll be at the register and still be like, "Sorry, I don't want that either.." and they get all pissed off cuz they are gonna have to put the stuff back, the worst is when I do it at a grocery store, LOL.  But, if I were to actually buy everything I picked up, Oh Geez!  I still end up with a lot, and I have a friend who is a manager at Walgreens, so I get stuff there on major discount, so you would think, oh I bet you take advantage of that and buy a lot of your products there!  NOPE.  I will have the impulse and just need to buy something even though I dont need it at that time and not be sensible and be like Okay well go to Walgreens and then I'll go to Walmart or where ever and then I'll get home and be like ughhh why did I buy this there, I should have went to Walgreens... I got to start doing that seriously cuz I'm wasting a lot of money!!

Do you know that I'm so ghetto I actually returned a magazine the other day! LOL I honestly didnt read it though, I looked at it and was like ugh, 4 dollars?  Why did I do that?  And I went to walgreens (which is where I bought it but of course not at the one my friend works at bc it was 3am and I needed to buy printer ink right then and there, even tho when I got home I didnt even use it and went to bed, but anyways!!) and returned it!  The girl was like, well this is definitely a first!  LOL 

Right now I reallllly want to be an eco tools eyebrush set bc I need one, but this time for real, and my friends walgreens is out of them and I know I can definitely wait till they get it in, but will I wait?  We shall only find out. 

Oh yea and PS.. went to the beauty supply store to buy mascara wands (Disposable) for my makeup kit... left buying 40 dollars worth of lipstick, which I got quite a lot being as though NYX lipstick is 1.99 and I get a discount on everything because I'm in the business, LOL.  I needed it for my makeup kit though, I started a job today and realized, I have no lipsticks except these lipstick pallett things I got from Coastal Scents, which aint about nothing really.. and believe it or not, I still feel like I need more colors and I never even got any gloss!!  I need that too!!

Oh ya, I also bought a Dinair Airbrush system last week when I already own an airbrush system... and I also bought an entire extra set of brushes from Sigma, when I already have a whole brush roll from Sigma and one from Sedona Lace.. and the Sedona Lace one I bought specifically just to see how it was because a lot of people say it's just like Sigma's!  LOL I gotta chill cuz I'm using my mothers credit card and giving her payments, but still!!

But DINAIR AIRBRUSH SYSTEM is way better than the one I got, or so I think, but I know for a fact the makeup rocks, the quallity is amazing!

Regardless how good it seems, maybe it is best to exclude extreme amounts of dopamine from your “better living through chemistry†five-year plan. From the standpoint of impulse buying, too high a concentration of dopamine in your brain chemistry mix can lead to impulse shopping, scientists believe. It also makes a person more susceptible for general impulsive behavior, some of which can be as self-destructive as runaway spending, if not more.

Heck yes!  Other times it's not so much impulse as it is "oh yeah, I need some bread."  It just wasn't on my list.

I impulse buy at the movie theatre all the time. I have to have Godiva milk chocolate, regular size icee, chicken strips and fries. If my funds are low, I will get an icee and the chocolate. It doesn't matter that I am not hungry... Gotta have it

Back