Do You Like Your Name?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my name! It has a beautiful sound, a huge back story, a lot of personal significance for me, and it isn't too common.

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif That really sucks Annelle! It's ironic that it was in the worst names list.
Am I right Jennifer?

http://mimexicoky.com/Images/quesadilla.jpg

Mmm. I hated Diaz as my last name. No one could pronounce it correctly for anything. It was always said Die-Ass with a heavy southern accent. But yet anyone could easily say Cameron Diaz...

Yep, Quesadillas! ahahahahahahaa! How cruel. I'm so glad they didn't follow through with it. Although something tells me that maybe I would like it now just because it would be funny.

I don't like my name. I like the name itself, also it's meaning (it means "devotee of Dionysus", the Greek god of wine. Which pretty much means I'm a maenad, who did these crazy things I cannot mention on this site ;D ) but because the name doesn't match me, I think. It seems very girly and elegant; something I am not.

Apparently many people still do not know how to pronounce "Denise" either. There have been multiple times when I have had subs at school pronounce it "Dennis". Uhm... okay. It's not that uncommon of a name, really.

Well I HATED my name growing up! I wanted to be named Tiffany instead of Tawanda. It shows that i'm an 80's child, right? Anyway, I like my name now because it's fairly uncommon though before I was married I actually shared the same name with another lady. I think it's pretty cool because it's traditionally a masculine name in Africa but it has a German meaning as well.

I quite like my name, even though it's a fairly common name, I still like it, and I think paired with my middle name, it's pretty. (modest much?
tongue.gif
) Rebecca Sarah.

I like my name, I think it suits me (Rosie) but the bad thing is, NO ONE understands on the phone.

I get called Ruby all the time. Like, helloooo, how much clearer can I speak!

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I like my name, I think it suits me (Rosie) but the bad thing is, NO ONE understands on the phone.
I get called Ruby all the time. Like, helloooo, how much clearer can I speak!

No one understands mine on the phone either!!! It's GINA...how much simplier could it be!!?!

no, because people dont spell it right, I dont care how many times you tell em, and during high school, my math teacher used to call me Alice because of my maiden name (if you knew it, you would get it, but why associate it with me) and that enraged me.

I don't really like my name. Too me it's too "normal" I guess I would like something that sounds "exotic"

Always got vicky growing up, Victoria felt too grown up and girly for a tomboy like me.

Only got it when i was little if i was in trouble I like it now tho

I always thought Jacquelyna is a very pretty name. It's not too common, so I really like it. But I do hate when people call me Jacquelyn without the A at the end, I get very defensive about it LOL!

I like your name Adrianne even more so because it's different.... I don't dislike mine but it is very common Jacqueline so I rather use Mirely.

My name is Molly, and I LOVE my name!! You HARDLY ever hear it, but its not something strange sounding.

smile.gif

I've always loved my name because my dad picked it out before I was even born, heck before he even met my mom LOL - insisted that he'd name his girl "Dayna" with that spelling. It's not very common and with the "Y" in the middle it looks prettier written out IMO. I also got Dayna-mite (grandfather always called me Dynamite- had a bit of a temper even as a tot.) Hubby likes to call me Danya (pronounced Don-ya) because a boss once called me that because he'd transposed the letters. Hubby used to tease that he didn't get a mail-order Russian bride. So when we go bowling- my name will be Danya on the screen.

I used to really hate my name (Maria). It's def the most common name in the world....but I'm coming to terms with it...

Considering I chose my name yes I like it. It is not a common name which I like and it has a nice sound to it.

my names lesley-anne and although i dont realy mind it i always wished i was called something else - its soo long whenever i have to sign something the wee line your given is NEVER long enough.. and then when someone is writing it down EVERYTIME i have to spell it :| people write it like Leslie all the time and it bugs me because thats the boys spelling!

I love my name too -- my Mom knew what she was going to name me before she even met my Dad she says. I feel that it's special because of her.

Back