Do you sanitize your makeup? If so, how?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just saw a response in another post about santizing e/s in order to keep them for a longer period of time.

I wanted to know how do you sanitize makeup?

Thanks!

I spray my eyeshadows with rubbing alcohol and then (once they're dry), I gently wipe off the top layer.

Oftentimes, just wiping off the top layer is good enough, though.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I spray my eyeshadows with rubbing alcohol and then (once they're dry), I gently wipe off the top layer.
smile.gif

that's what i do too. but if i have time, i would wash them first.

Wow I have never even thought about sanitizing makeup. Sounds like a good idea though.

Originally Posted by Sheikah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wow I have never even thought about sanitizing makeup. Sounds like a good idea though. That's what I thought>...

when i had conjunctivitis i decided to first wash my brushes and then sanitize them with a bit of alcohol. i don't know if there's really a difference, i just think it's stronger than just wash them with some shampoo.

I've never done this, when I get sick I just stop using makeup ahaha.

Hi bluebird... from another bluebird, ahaha

Originally Posted by bluebird26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've never done this, when I get sick I just stop using makeup ahaha.
Hi bluebird... from another bluebird, ahaha

Hi bluebird!!!
sheep.gif

You don't really need to sanitize powder products as bacteria don't thrive in them like cream products. Things like lipsticks, pencils etc you need to sanitize if you are sharing them.

I don't sanitize them but anything creamy etc I dig out with a spatula or orange stick, as that was what I was taught to do in my make up course and I just got used to doing it.

Doesn't the rubbing alcohol dry up e/s and change the color over time? How does sanatizing e/s make it last longer?

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I spray my eyeshadows with rubbing alcohol and then (once they're dry), I gently wipe off the top layer.
smile.gif

I do the same thing.

Well, for my brushes, i usually spritz them with a brush sanitizer once every couple days for my own brushes. Or after every client when i'm working. Once a week, i'll do a thorough cleaning with a brush shampoo that gets rid of oils and bacteria. Or every night when i'm thru with clients.

Latest posts

Back