Do you sanitize your makeup? If so, how?

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
I just saw a response in another post about santizing e/s in order to keep them for a longer period of time.

I wanted to know how do you sanitize makeup?

Thanks!

Reaction score
I spray my eyeshadows with rubbing alcohol and then (once they're dry), I gently wipe off the top layer.

Oftentimes, just wiping off the top layer is good enough, though.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I spray my eyeshadows with rubbing alcohol and then (once they're dry), I gently wipe off the top layer.

that's what i do too. but if i have time, i would wash them first.

Reaction score
Wow I have never even thought about sanitizing makeup. Sounds like a good idea though.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sheikah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wow I have never even thought about sanitizing makeup. Sounds like a good idea though. That's what I thought>...

Reaction score
when i had conjunctivitis i decided to first wash my brushes and then sanitize them with a bit of alcohol. i don't know if there's really a difference, i just think it's stronger than just wash them with some shampoo.

Reaction score
I've never done this, when I get sick I just stop using makeup ahaha.

Hi bluebird... from another bluebird, ahaha

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluebird26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've never done this, when I get sick I just stop using makeup ahaha.
Hi bluebird... from another bluebird, ahaha

Hi bluebird!!!

Reaction score
You don't really need to sanitize powder products as bacteria don't thrive in them like cream products. Things like lipsticks, pencils etc you need to sanitize if you are sharing them.

Reaction score
I don't sanitize them but anything creamy etc I dig out with a spatula or orange stick, as that was what I was taught to do in my make up course and I just got used to doing it.

Reaction score
Doesn't the rubbing alcohol dry up e/s and change the color over time? How does sanatizing e/s make it last longer?

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I spray my eyeshadows with rubbing alcohol and then (once they're dry), I gently wipe off the top layer.

I do the same thing.

Reaction score
Well, for my brushes, i usually spritz them with a brush sanitizer once every couple days for my own brushes. Or after every client when i'm working. Once a week, i'll do a thorough cleaning with a brush shampoo that gets rid of oils and bacteria. Or every night when i'm thru with clients.

Reaction score
I have never thought of sanitising my makeup! It is a great idea though.

Latest posts