Do you think of people as their user name? or their real life name?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer being called by my real name (even though my username is my real name lol!) so I like to call people by their real names rather than their usernames, just seems more personal and friendly imo
smile.gif

I typically think of usernames first but if i associate myself with that person pretty often, I prefer to call them by their real name if possible.

I preferred to be called by my real name which is why i requested a change from agiov
wink.gif

I think it is polite to use the persons name if you know it. Some people even include there real name in there signature.

If I have heard someones name mentioned repeatedly then I tend to associate there nickname with there real name.

So pinksugar to me is also Rosie
smile.gif

I always think of them as their real name lol, unless i dont know their real name?

I think of thier user name if they don't have a real name posted. I posted mine so people could get used to seeing it and have a name to put with the user name. That way they don't have to wonder what my real name is.

I do both. However, certain MUTers I just think of them as their user name, like Karren Hutton. I'd feel funny calling her Zarren. Just call me Lisa, that's who I am here.

I think it kind of depends, there's a friend i always call by her username and she calls me by mine because she has two friends wearing the same first name. On MuT i tend to use both
smile.gif

I think there might be a few people who will be using real names. Perhaps Internet is the best place to use nicks of our own choice.

I guess it depends on how familiar I am with the person. If possible, I think it's friendlier to use real names. But, like some have already said, I don't want to be all creepy calling people by their real names when I've never really talked to them before or anything. lol!

If I know your real name, then that's how I know you, not your username. I prefer to know someone's real name anyway.

I try to use real names if I can. If I don't know it, then I'll use their username. I did change my username to my real name, but when it used to be kaville and someone used my real name, I didn't mind. If anything, it impressed me that they actually made the effort to read my profile and find out my real name.

Back