Do you think you are high maintenance?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do you or your sig other think that you are? I guess what I mean is what most of us think of as that term whether it is physically or emotionally. Do you spend a lot of time and money on appearance? Would you not be caught dead out in public without full face on? Do you demand a lot of time and energy from your sig other? I think why I am asking is my daughter and I were debating the differences between us. She is very high maintenance to me. She won't run to the convenience store without doing her hair. She has to have approval of others to feel good about herself. She wouldn't think of coloring her own hair. It makes me wonder b/c I am the total opposite but she has always lived with me. While I spend money on things that make me feel and look better, I am not one who spends a lot of time in the salon or getting mani-pedis. I also spend a lot of time alone by my choice. I enjoy the company of others and love a compliment but it doesn't define my mood for the day. It does for my daughter though. For myself, I think I have a problem being "serviced" by others. I think it has everything to do with what I do for a living. I'm used to taking care of others so it's almost embarassing for others to do it for me? Sometimes I'd love to do those "high maintenance" things but can't relax. I've tried.

Before you blast me, I have no problem with so called high maintenance women. I believe we should all do what makes us feel better about ourselves whether its a total spa day or weekly manicures or just hanging out in your pony tail. Just wondering what it is that makes you feel that way.

For me, I'm in the middle. I like being done up and being "serviced" whether that is at restaurants or spas. Its a nice break from my family when they expect the dinner to be done and clothes laundered and a clean house. On the other hand, some days I dont' give a damn and will go out in public with my hair in a mess and some sweats and a baggy shirt and head over to a convenience store with a big bag of chips in my hand.

Now, emotionally i think I am quite high maintenance. I have high expectations of myself and from my partner and I like things done in a certain way because it gives me comfort and power. Sometimes it is a good thing and other times..it is not..and I'm learning to compromise when a situation calls for it. I am constantly working hard to be a good example for my daughter.

I think i look like im high maintenance especially since most people where i live only do the occasional eyeliner and lipstick. Im pretty low maintenance and wear jeans and sneakers most of the time. Yeah so i dont think im high maintenance. lol

I don´t think I´m high maintenance. I´m sure when I go to a club all dressed up, wearing heels etc some people might think I am high maintenance, but then again they don´t know that I dress like a bum when I´m by myself.

I also don´t need constant attention, I like to spend time by myself as well.

Alot of women who enjoy getting their hair and nails done its because its something that makes them feel good. Although I dont do that i know that a trip to sephora sure makes me feel great! lol I guess it all depends on the person.

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Alot of women who enjoy getting their hair and nails done its because its something that makes them feel good. Although I dont do that i know that a trip to sephora sure makes me feel great! lol I guess it all depends on the person. I have to admit that I get a little "high" when I go to Sephora.

hmm id say I'm in the middle also.

I do spend money on myself, because I like to look good. I go outin the public without makeup, and a lot of times it doesn't bother me.

I love getting my mani-pedi because it makes me feel more feminine, but havnt had the time to do so latley

I have standards in my appearance but then again - I dont give a damn if I look like shit at work or going to the grocery store...and I color my own hair! Ha.

...I've gone years with a geeky appearance and just now have I gotten into the whole girly routine. I spend money on a hobby I like to do which is makeup, but do I go out with a full face on and hair done? No. I rather keep it simple and glam up for special occasions.

My clothes arent always the prettiest but meh, I care to impress when the setting is fitting if that makes any sense?

My Husband and my Brother tell me i am High Maintenance but they talk rubbish

You know what? Human beings in general are high maintainence.

Grooming yourself? Nah, that's called maintaining personal appearance.

As far as in a relationship, the SO cannot effectively offer what you don't already bring to the table. It's gotta go both ways. Expecting otherwise would probably be called "emotional attachment issues", not high maintainence.

I don't think I am at all. I mean I love getting my hair & nails done, but due to my financial status at the moment, I pretty much never get them done. I go to work mostly every day without my hair and makeup done because I work with children who are constantly pooping or sneezing...so to me it's a waste..lol. I only really dress up on special occasions. I don't have a sig. other right now, so I pretty much spend most of my time alone, well except with my son, but he's the one who demands all the attention..lol. My one friend thinks I'm high maintenance when it comes to makeup because I spend around a 1/2 or so doing it, and she only spends like 5 to 10 mins, but she pretty much wears the same things every day. So after all this, no I dont think I am..lol.

Nah I don't think so. When it comes to certain things then I can be a litte hig maintenance, but for the most part I really don't care all that much.

Yes, I am high maintenance. I don't mean in the way of being around people, but I am always doing my nails and my hair. I always like having a full face of makeup on and my hair done when I go out anywhere.

I guess I am high maintenance in accordance with my appearance--but with my Sig. Other--no, I really enjoy being alone. I don't cling at all. Like to keep things to myself.

I would say I am high maintenance to an extent. I love getting my nails done and love getting dressed up on he weekends. I wear my perfume and wear my expensive bags just to run to the grocery store. I do these things only because Tuesday through Saturday I wear a mens looking uniform to work and feel completely unfeminine (such a word?). So I like to feel good about myself and look good on the weekends!! On the other hand I can also throw a pair of sweats on and hang with the guys watching football and nascar.

I dont think I am. My bf says i am not. I guess it depends on how demanding you are in your relationship with people. A person can be demanding but if they do a good job of masking it, then we would never really know if they are really high maintenance. i guess it really just depends on how realistic your demands are. and how often you make them.

before i met my husband i was, wouldnt go to the corner store without a full face of makeup and my hair done, now i go to the mail box (which is clear across our mobile park) in my pajamas, no makeup and frizzy hair!!

I think I'm medium maintenance. the way I see it, I could go camping, but I prefer hotels, LOL

Latest posts

Back