Do you use a GPS?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love mine! I've lived here all my life and still has no clue as to where places are and get crazy lost!

The only thing negative I can say is that it takes you around the world when there are clearly shorter ways.

I don't have one and don't care to have one. I'm not at all tech savvy or interested in techy type stuff.

My cell phone skills are eons behind what's hot right now- I use the phone to TALK, not to play, although it's easiest to communicate with my daughter by text because she has 3 kids under 3 years old. It's too noisy or she's too distracted to have a regular conversation flow.) and my BFF by text because she runs a busy store and also can't have a regular convo.

So, the GPS is another high tech toy that I don't want to bother to learn or pay for.

I cannot read a road map very well at all and that's a bad way to drive anyway, trying to look at the map and watch the road, but I will print out directions and HOPE those are updated (too many times they are not), but at least it will get me in the general direction and if I can't figure it out from the address and the directions THEN I will haul out the cell and call for someone for turn by turn directions based on what I visual landmarks I see. (after getting major angry from driving in circles).

This specific incident wasn't the only time this has happened, though. It has happened several times in the past and yes, I agree, there is a common sense factor when using those things. It's not an auto pilot that you just set and it gets you there. You still have to participate in the trip and look where you are going.

From what I have heard and read, the gps is very clear about how they cannot anticipate and therefore adjust for weather conditions, so yeah, I doubt this couple will recover.

It was a scary situation, I'm sure, but this is like people smoking for years, getting cancer and then try to sue the tobacco companies. You have to accept some responsibility for your life and the choices you make- including making bad driving decisions.

With my job taking me all over the place, a GPS has been a huge time saver. Most times I don't even use it as I learn the roads over time, but it's a definite help when I need it. Also, google maps on my phone is crazy awesome. A lot of times, I'll just use that instead.

Back